Thursday, September 29, 2005
You'll all have to learn how to eat worms on this tour..According to Cryptopsy's Lord Worm, the communion of worms is on and when he takes out the chalice of worms, ya suck down the worms (eat them whole), slurp them like spagghetti, DON'T CHEW..Some times the worms are "alive" but harmless and not a health risk, the worms will die in your stomach so I'm told..Yummy, wash them down with some beer. I'll have a review of the new Cryptopsy CD "Once Was Not" very soon. Thanks-Tee-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal, have a very METAL fall.. \m/ -l-.
POST from a fan from the Cryptopsy forum: In all it was one of the best shows ever... the sound was very good the songs were brutal and lord worm fed me a worm!!!!! guys let me tell you that shit is crazy as soon as it hit my mouth it started going wild then i had it in the back of my throat trying to swallow it whole like worm said to do.. god it was the most fucked up feeling it's was fighting...
SUFFOCATION, CRYPTOPSY, VADER, DECAPITATED, ABORTED, DESPISED ICON ect North American. tour dates: (from Cryptopsy's website, these dates were not accurate, so I updated them)
CRYPTOPSY with Suffocation, Aborted and Despised Icon Date : City, state or province : Venue
09/29 : Nashville, TN : The Muse (w/ Despised Icon only)
09/30 : Tulsa, OK : The Pinkeye (w/ Despised Icon only)
10/01 : Houston, TX : Mary Jane’s
10/04 : San Antonio, TX : White Rabbit
10/05 : Ft Worth, TX : Ridglea Theater
10/06 : Albuquerque, NM : Launch Pad
10/07 : Tempe, AZ : TheClubhouse (w/ Cattle Decapitation)
10/08 : San Diego, CA : Soma (w/ Cattle Decapitation)
10/11 : Anaheim, CA : House of Blues (w/ Cattle Decapitation)
10/13 : Orangevale, CA : The Boardwalk (w/ With Passion)
10/14 : San Francisco, CA : The Pound
10/15 : Portland, OR : Meow Meow
10/16 : Seattle, WA : Studio Seven
10/17 : Victoria, BC : Sugar (w/ With Passion)
10/18 : Vancouver, BC : Commodore Ballroom
10/19 : Prince George, BC : The Generator
10/20 : Calgary, AB : Warehouse (w/ With Passion)
10/21 : Edmonton, AB : Starlite Room (w/ With Passion)
10/22 : Regina, SK : Riddel Center (w/ With Passion)
10/23 : Saskatoon, SK : Roxy on Broadway (w/ With Passion)
10/24 : Winnipeg, MB : Pyramid (w/ With Passion)
10/25 : Minneapolis, MN : Ascot Room
10/26 : Chicago Heights, IL : Mr. Kelleys
10/27 : Cleveland, OH : Peabody’s
10/28 : Detroit, MI : Harpo’s Concert Theatre
10/29 : Toronto, ON : The Opera House (w/ With Passion)
10/30 : Ottawa, ON : Capital Music Hall (w/ With Passion)
10/31 : Rouyn-Noranda, QC : Petit Theatre du Vieux Noranda (w/ Vader, With Passion)
11/01 : Chicoutiml, QC : Poly Laure Conan (w/ Vader, With Passion)
11/02 : Rimouski, QC : La Coudee (w/ Vader, With Passion)
11/03 : Quebec City, QC : L’Imperial (w/ Vader, With Passion)
11/04 : Montreal, QC : Medley (w/ Vader, With Passion)
11/05 : Poughkeepsie, NY The Chance Theatre (w' Cryptopsy, Suffocation, Vader, Decapitated, Aborted, Despised Icon)
11/06 : West Springfield, VA : Jaxx (w/ Vader, Decapitated)
11/07 : New York, NY : BB King’s (w/ Vader, Decapitated, Dew Scented ect.)
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-
Monday, September 26, 2005
This is a chain letter going around on my space...Gawd I remember going through this with my parent (s) before I was 16. "Have you seen Jr.'s grades?"-VAN HALEN
A FATHER PASSING BY HIS SON'S BEDROOM WAS ASTONISHED TO SEE THE BED WAS
NICELY MADE AND EVERYTHING WAS PICKED UP.
THEN HE SAW AN ENVELOPE PROPPED UP PROMINENTLY ON THE CENTER OF THE BED. IT
WAS ADDRESSED, "DAD." WITH THE WORST PREMONITION, HE OPENED THE ENVELOPE
AND READ THE LETTER WITH TREMBLING HANDS:
IT IS WITH GREAT REGRET AND SORROW THAT I'M WRITING THIS. I HAD TO ELOPE
WITH MY NEW GIRLFRIEND BECAUSE I WANTED TO AVOID A SCENE WITH MOM AND YOU.
I'VE BEEN FINDING REAL PASSION WITH BARBARA AND SHE IS SO NICE EVEN WITH ALL
HER PIERCING, TATTOOS, AND HER TIGHT MOTORCYCLE CLOTHES. BUT IT'S NOT ONLY
THE PASSION DAD, SHE'S PREGNANT AND BARBARA SAID THAT WE WILL BE VERY HAPPY
EVEN THOUGH YOU WON'T CARE FOR HER, AS SHE IS MUCH OLDER THAN I, SHE ALREADY
OWNS A TRAILER IN THE WOODS AND HAS A STACK OF FIREWOOD FOR THE WHOLE
WINTER. SHE WANTS TO HAVE MANY MORE CHILDREN WITH ME AND THAT'S NOW ONE OF
MY DREAMS TOO.
BARBARA TAUGHT ME THAT MARIJUANA DOESN'T REALLY HURT ANYONE AND WE'LL BE
GROWING IT FOR OURSELVES AND TRADING IT WITH HER FRIENDS FOR ALL THE COCAINE
AND ECSTASY (woo hoo ) WE WANT. IN THE MEANTIME, WE'LL PRAY THAT SCIENCE WILL FIND A
CURE FOR AIDS SO BARBARA CAN GET BETTER; SHE SURE DESERVES IT!!
DON'T WORRY DAD; I'M 15 YEARS OLD NOW AND I KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF.
SOMEDAY I'M SURE WE'LL BE BACK TO VISIT SO YOU CAN GET TO KNOW YOUR
P.S. DAD, NONE OF THIS IS TRUE. I'M OVER AT THE NEIGHBOR'S HOUSE. I JUST
WANTED TO REMIND YOU THAT THERE ARE WORSE THINGS IN LIFE THAN MY REPORT CARD
THAT'S IN MY DESK, CENTER DRAWER. I LOVE YOU!
CALL WHEN IT'S SAFE FOR ME TO COME HOME.
Repost this within 5 mins or you will get AIDS
Stay Metal, Stay in school, be troo, be brootal-Later-Tee-\m/ -l-
Sunday, September 4, 2005
Random thoughts on this month in metal, politics, and life in general, once I muster up the courage and energy to write this all down. If I even want to at this point.
"Staring at Mars after the show, I couldn't stop thinking that Piggy is now achieving an old dream of ours: touring the Universe! -Michel "away" Langavin-Voivod..
Let PIGGY (VOIVOD) and DOC (VADER) RIP, for they are legend..\m/ -l-
This has been sutch a tragic month in both metal and American history.
I'll be working on this jourrnal entry for a few days I'm sure. Did anyone pick up the NY TIMES last Thursday?. There was a morbid pic (in the NY times) of a body floating in the river in Lousiana juxstaposed (in the same pic) by an old lady having lunch on the banks of the same river.. LUNCH?!
Fisrt of all, Hurricane Katrina has wiped out one of the most wonderful, and soulful cities in America, New Orleans, Lousiana. We call it, "Nawlins", the Crecent City, the Big Easy, NOLA.
With the wrath of Hurricane Katrina, mother nature poured it's rains upon Louisiana..With the wind and rain, came floods from the Missisippi River that engulfed NOLA and other Southern regions under 15 feet of water, drowning and leaving residents of these regions, homeless, jobless, and with NOTHING. As of yet, the body count is GRIM: Over 10, 000 dead, and more homeless, jobless..Worse yet, there is rampant looting and rioting in NOLA as we speak..The National Guard and troops are being sent in to NOLA to restore "order". ORDER!? . This Hurricane in NOLA, may very well be the worst natural disaster in USA history.
For all accounts, as I write this journal entry on 9/3/05, as horrific as September, 11th, 2001 was here in NY, this natural disaster in Louisiana is even worse.
Now think about this:: Not even counting the Hurricanes in Florida last summer or the Tsunami's of late last year, mother nature has been screaming at us. There had been rampant flooding even here in NY state up to last spring... I even wrote in an journal entry last March about the flooding in downtown New Paltz, NY after rainfall, and snow melting marked the rites of spring.
I wrote in March '05, that after a torrential rainfall mixed with melting snow, the Walkill River (Dowtown New Paltz, NY) began to RIISE. The plains over the Walkill Bridge were flooded turning the Walkill river into "LAKE WALKILL"..New Paltz, NY residents who lived on Springtown Road were detoured to and from work,The Walkill Bridge was closed making it a commuter nightmare, as houses were flooded all over NY state... NY Govenor George Pataki asked for flood relief for many NY residents.... Thankfully, New Paltz, NY is built on a huge UPHILL, going straight up 299 to Highland..Otherwise, New Paltz, NY would be underneath the Walkill River in the event of flooding. If you live right off the muddy banks of the Walkill River here in New Paltz, NY, look out if the rains come, and it floods your home.
Of course, as "pretty" as "Lake Walkill" looked to us New Paltz, NY locals, the flooding in NY last spring doesn't compare to the damage done to Louisiana residents in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Remember, NOLA residents are drowning under 15 feet or more of water.. Evacuating NOLA residents seemed impossible on 3 or 4 days notice.. The poorest residents in NOLA suffered the most, many of whom are on welfare, SSI/SSD and not having enough money for transportation (or time) untill the first of the month. I know that feeling, being disabled myself.
About NOLA, I've been there at a very YOUNG age..Let's say I was about 6 or 7 (1976, 1977) spending 6 years of my life in foster care (due to disfunction in my biological family) from the age of 3 to 9. My foster family are undoubtedly FRENCH CREOLE with my foster fathers first name being "Pierre"..My foster family, whom I still keep in touch with still live in Long Island, NY.
I went down (with my family) to see my foster fathers siblings in the late 70's... Apparently somewhere in rural Louisiana, my fathers family owned this store. All I can say is I got free candy as a kid. I went to my dads families home in rural Louisiana..All I remember is these bats flying around the outside of house and geez there were alot of them. I remember being so scared of the bats that I pissed in my pants..There's something undoubtedly "gothic", dark, and cultural about Lousiana..
With Louisiana's French Creole heritage, Zydeco, Blues and Jazz musical soundscape, and "party down dood, shake yo ass mamma" MARDI GRAS party atmosphere, you wouldn't think NOLA would be 15 feet under water, and generally speaking in abstract poverty...:Shakes Head:
With wildlife, such as Alligators being as common in Lousiana as deer and squirrels are up here in NY. 'Gators, amongst the long buried in their coffins, and recently dead are creeping up amoungst the floods in Lousiana..This is not just "myth" and "legend", but true invloving floods in that swampy Southern region. . .
When I was a kid, I was taught that in the event of a tornado or hurricane, go downstairs to your basement, that is the safest place. Now that I'm grown up, I think not! Why? In the event of flooding, your basement will be your swimming pool..
Perhaps the "safest" place to be in the event of a hurricane is above sea level, on top of a mountain, but NOT underneath a tree.. :(looks out the window to the Shawagunk moutain:). Perhaps on top of a hill, just in case of flooding, and not near a river, sea, ocean, or lake.
Tornadoes or even worse, but if in a car during a tornadoe, pull over, and hide underneath an over pass (not near water), from what I was told...Thankfully, here in the Hudson Valley Area :(knock on wood:) due to the mountains terrain of New Paltz (Ulster county, NY ) it is rare that we have tornadoes, because the mountains act as a natural windbreaker and we are situated in a valley...Once there was a teeny little tornado in '88 when I was a college freshman that had a small effect on Newburgh, NY..
Believe it or not, if there was an Earthquake in Southern, NY we would be FUCKED... NYC ( and Southern NY) is after all, built on a fault line, and unlike San Francisco California, buildings in NYC are ill equipped to withstand earthquakes.
I would like to send out only the best vibes and thoughts to all my extended (foster) family, and Friends in the metal scene down in Louisiana... Specific hails go out to GOATWHORE, SOILENT GREEN, EYE HATE GOD, CROWBAR, and TRENT REZNOR of NIN, COC, PHIL ANSELMO all of whom are residents and great influential musicians in the NOLA scene..Hope you are all safe and are able to rebuild your lives, anything you need, we'll be there for ya in NY. .
Politics abuzz because of Hurricane Katrina, the hypocrisy is that more money was spent by the USA in the war on IRAQ, and to aid to victims of the Tsanami's then helping our own (Hurricane Katrina victims) here in the USA. How impractical of George Bush Jr... However, the bureaucratic buck is being passed between the local, regional and federal government for aid and relief of victims of Hurricane Katrina...Fingers are being pointed between the Mayor of NOLA and George Bush Jr... Meanwhile people in NOLA die, looters are rampant, and people are now refugees.
Do what ya can to thrown some benefit shows, or call the Red Cross to help assist in the rescue, and aid in food, electric, rescue and shelter down in Louisiana..I'm going to give my foster family a call...
More random thoughts later, Thanks-Tee-Stay SAFE, METAL, and BROOTAL \m/ -l-
Written by spakyle . (Link to this entry) This entry has 0 comments: Add your own
Thursday, September 1, 2005
Rules of death metal, and this needs no introduction. This is a satire,(I'm a die hard death metal fan) don't try this at home. I will update this journal tmrw. when I feel better. Just couldn't resist. Thanks-Tee-Stay Metal, Stay Brootal. \m/ -l-
From the (lmao) nu metal guide:
1. Be Br00tal
2. dont be gay
3. Any one who isnt br00tal, is gay...
4. be gore
5. try and be br00tal gore if at all possible
6. Dont sit and watch any bands at any concerts, you must mosh, even if you hate the band.
7. Use the word "crushing" to describe things that are cool.
8. blast beats mean good drumming
9. never under any circumstances listen to....
10. six feet under
11. dont be Chris Barnes
12. if someone asks you if you like Cannibal Corpse, only say Chris Barnes CC, but maintaining your hate for him all the while
13. if in doubt, use some verb for vomiting in a song/ album title.
14. GORE OWNS YOU POSERS
15. Anything not ruthless or brutal is gay.
16. Maiden is pussy music, it doesnt crush...
17. for some reason, you must accept syl as deathmetal....
18. when your mom asks you to take out the trash, smash her face with a hammer, and rape her infront of your sister, then exhume a corpse and have a threesome with it and your mother
19. old cannibal owns\m/
20. hate old cannibal
21. when your mom makes you take the trash out via threats of violence tell her you only did it because your ruthless enough to handle anything, then kick the trashcan.
22. make fun of numetal using drop tuned 7s and simple riffs, then be in a band that does exactly that.
23. suffocation must be worshiped and copied no matter what.
24. name your band disgorge
25. do a slayer cover.
26. when in doubt say BRUTAL DEATH METAL!
27. smash crosses
28. youre not trying hard enough to be brutal
29. having a girlfriend is gay, it makes you less brutal
30. say you love Cryptopsy, but hate all albums besides None So Vile.
31. Blast beats can fill ANYTHING.
32. BLAST BEATS ARE BRUTAL:@
33. try as hard as you can to be gross, at the expense the entire band.
34. you can never have enough Carcass clones....
35. alas...dont be Dani Filth..
36. Say that all American deathmetal sucks, dispite the fact that most European bands are just copies of the American invented sound.
37. admit devin townsend is your lord and savior.
38. dont be grim
39. its perfectly plausable to be true and brutal in concurrance.
40. necro is cool, be necro....necro is used in deathmetal song titles....be necro...
41. sing about outragous gore, why god sucks...as much as possible.
42. infact...gorey deaths of jesus are what you should sing about, so sing...
43. if in a chatroom. kick and ban as many as possible to prove your brutality.
44. rap is not brutal.
45. if your girlfriend makes you listen to rap, berate her until the relationship dies.
46. wiggers are the declared enemy.
47. the low end of the bass is never too low, infact it could be even heavyer, tune down another step.
48. worship flo from cryptopsy
49. be racist and talk about suffocations ownage in the same sentence.
50. name your band disgorge.
60. when asked what deathmetal stands for say "DeathMetal is the soundtrack to societys end, mankind is useless, its the raw essence of nature and its brutality!" when the real reason you listen to it is blastbeats and funny lyrics.
61. hate punk
62. seriously, hate punk, and anything else weak.
63. feelings other then that of rage, the will to commit murder, or brutality are not true, nor are they brutal.
64. if you cry, you are not DEATHMETAL.
65. hate powermetal.
66. sing about corpses
67. when you pull a skinless and become commerical deathcore...say you did it for artistic integrity
68. hate new slayer
69. denouce slayer as not an inovator of deathmetal at all...
70. secretly love slayer
71. only admit to liking a few slipknot songs when drunk.
72. SLIPKNOT!?s:slkhD WHAT?
73. Pretend members of your family apprecaite deathmetal at 3 am.
74. insist on talking to uninterested parties about deathmetal and assume they understand what NUMETAL means, what blastbeats are, and care why Morbid Angel crushes.
75. Insit that suffocation are gods...
76. numetal is fucking gay.
77. seriously, ever heard the band staind? wow, you just wanna slap aaron lewises bald head with a hammer.
78. Greet only with Hail.
79. if someone is especialy brutal say "HAIL MOTHERFUCKER"
80. copy the 101 rules for blackmetal for ideas.
81. necro, any form of vomit, or misanthrope own and should be done as much as possible, to the point you want to smash stuff with hammers.
82. Hammers are cool.
83. the word OWN is the best word for any situation.
84. this owns
85. Hammers own.
86. BRUTAL DEATH FUCKING METAL!!! RRRAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
87. Kill posers, with hammers....
89. Dont be Fear Factory
90. entrails are fun to sing about...
91. in addition to hammers and guts, chainsaws are also fun fun.
92. never use the term "fun fun"
93. Do stupid stunts that will no doubt prove your "brutality"
94. if its br00tal, it owns.
95. Say you want to fuck Angela Gassow, but hate her music.
96. Dont be Chris Barnes, seriously....
97. Say your favorite band is Death, but never listen to them.
98. "ruthless" is another welcomed addition to your vocabulary.
99. Hate inflames
100. You liked Inflames 3 years ago, but now youve always hated them
101. What the fuck are you still reading this for...pick up a chainsaw and attack some posers!!!
Landlord Won't Renew Lease For CBGB Club - Aug. 31, 2005 The Associated Press is reporting that the landlord of the venerable punk club CBGB announced Wednesday (Aug. 31) that the lease on the 32-year-old landmark will not be renewed.
The Bowery Residents' Committee, landlord of the building on the Bowery, "believes it is in the best interest of our clients - the homeless and neediest New Yorkers — to sever this relationship," BRC executive director Muzzy Rosenblatt said.
The existing lease was to expire at midnight Wednesday. The statement from Rosenblatt called for CBGB's to "vacate the premises both voluntarily and expeditiously" — a scenario that appeared unlikely, given the promises of Little Steven Van Zandt and others to wage a battle to the end on behalf of the bar that launched punk rock.
"We're not going without a fight," said Van Zandt, who was joined at the rally by "Sopranos" co-stars Tony Sirico and Joe Pantoliano. "If the eviction proceedings start tomorrow, which I hope it doesn't, we'll fight it in the courts."
An increasingly frustrated Van Zandt blasted Rosenblatt for the inability to reach a new agreement. The E STREET BAND guitarist, "Sopranos" star and radio show host entered the negotiations about six weeks ago.
The club's owner, Hilly Kristal, also was not backing down.
"We intend to stay," he declared. "This is not a eulogy. There's no reason why we shouldn't come to an understanding."
The above statement from Blabbermouth.net.
Commentary from Tee- Damn, they're closing CBGB's? Could this be the end?
According to CBGB's they will fight to the very end:Please note that while we don't have a lease, we are still open and fighting to remain at 315 Bowery.
UPDATE ON CBGB's:
"There is no valid reason why CBGB should leave our present historic location. All wewant is the same thing the Governor, the Mayor, and 43 City Council members want -- that is to sit down with the BRC and negotiate in good faith a new lease that is fair to all parties."
-- Hilly Kristal, owner and founder of CBGB
We were served with eviction papers last night.... and....... we are staying and fighting!
Help us show that "We've Got The Numbers" - please ask your friends to sign the official Save CBGB petition and help our coalition grow! With your help we have been able to deliver over 30,000 signatures to the mayor and have gained the backing of 43 city council members!
Background Information on CBGB Eviction
Even after the Manhattan Courts ruled that CBGB was not in the wrong about incorrectly billed rent increases and should not be evicted, CBGB was served with eviction papers from their landlord, a homeless organization, the Bowery Residents Committee.
Good luck CBGB's: Thanks-Tee-Stay Metal and Brootal-Tee-\m/ -l-