Tuesday, March 31, 2009

ARSIS ARE REJOINED BY ORIGINAL DRUMMER, DALLAS COYLE LEAVES GOD FORBID,ISIS CONFIRM U.S. 2009 SPRING SUMMER TOUR


BTW, this post is ITP's 666 post and an unofficial five year anniversary of writing about extreme metal and various drivel, metal horns and HAILS \m/. ARSIS have soo many lineup changes these days. It is also confirmed that DALLAS COYLE has left GOD FORBID. FROM BLABBERMOUTH.NET. and GOD FORBID: Guitarist Doc Coyle of New New Jersey metal titans GOD FORBID has released the following statement:

"There have been a barrage of rumors and questions on whether or not Dallas [Coyle, guitar] has left GOD FORBID. It's true that Dallas has left the band [as BLABBERMOUTH.NET first reported on Sunday, March 29 — Ed.]. It's taken us a few days to confirm this definitely, and figure out what we were going to do considering the fact that we are starting a very important tour with LAMB OF GOD this week.

"I don't want to go into the hairy details, but all I can say is that there was a mutual disagreement between Dallas and I, and the disagreement became angry on both sides, and he decided to sit out the tour the day we were supposed to leave. We later learned he did not want to tour anymore at all. Everyone in the band, including myself, was upset and shocked. For me, it's a lot tougher because he's my brother and I have a very close bond with him. We've done everything together our whole lives, so it's difficult to deal with emotionally but I understand he has bigger responsibilities at home to care for. I wish he would've handled it in a different way, but I am not angry at him for leaving if he is unhappy with our situation. I really hope he finds success and happiness in his future pursuits.

"In the meantime, we've recruited ex-DARKEST HOUR shredder Kris Norris to fill in for the tour. We are currently doing a few warm-up shows as a four-piece to meet the LAMB OF GOD tour in Phoenix, Arizona on April 2. Kris will be there for the start of the LOG tour though. I've been friends with Kris for years, and have an immense amount of respect for his playing. I look forward to playing with him, and I'm sure he will knock it out the park! Byron and I will pick up the slack with the vocals as much as we can.

"Thanks for everyone's continued support, and we'll see you on the road!" In the wake of many lineup changes and James Malones illness, ARSIS are rejoined by original drummer Michael VanDyne.
FROM ARSIS: Original drummer and founding member of ARSIS, Michael VanDyne - who played on the band’s 2004 highly praised debut album, A Celebration Of Guilt, 2005’s A Diamond For Disease EP, and 2006’s United In Regret - has officially returned to the band’s line-up.

VanDyne has this to say about his homecoming:

“I’m looking forward to working with my friend Jim again, as well as the great people at Nuclear Blast. Judging by the new material that [guitarist/singer] Jim [Malone] and [guitarist] Nick [Cordle] have been working on, I think we may be sitting on some of the most memorable and thrashy Arsis material written to date. Due to obligations with my full-time career, session drummers will most likely be utilized for big tours that Jim wishes to do in the future… However, regional shows and occasional mini-tours or festival gigs either here in North America or overseas are a definite possibility (and something I’d be totally psyched to do) if our collective schedules allow it. Good times.”

Jim Malone offers the following statement:

“I can’t say how excited I am to be working Mike Van Dyne again; Arsis would have never existed in the first place had it not been for him and his motivation. It’s very hard to find people to work with that you can connect both as musicians and as friends. Mike has always been both of these. I can’t wait to start demoing some new material with Mike and Nick. While David Kinkead did a great good job for Arsis and he may still play live with us from time to time, I can’t pass up the opportunity to work with Mike Van Dyne again. I have the a feeling the vibe will be amazing and feel confident that we’ll make Arsis stronger and better than ever. We have the best fans in the world behind us and they deserve the best we have to offer!” ISIS will embark on a six week US tour in support of Wavering Radiant (out May 5) on May 15, kicking off in San Diego. The band’s latest release finds the LA-by-way-of-Boston quintet teaming up with producer Joe Barresi (Queens of the Stone Age, Melvins).
Former ARSIS drummer DAVE KINCAID is open for session work. FROM DAVE KINCAID: Session drummer David Kinkade is hunting for work. His appeal is below:

“Best of luck to Arsis with their new/ old drummer…..again. I am heading to Norway in a week for the final stages of the new Borknagar album. Borknagar doesn’t tour very often so my schedule is pretty much open until Wacken open air (early August). I am looking to work with a band in which we can rely on each other. Communication and positive attitudes towards business are extremely important to me. As I have previously mentioned in past press releases, I am always available for drum work. Any location in the world does not matter but dedicated/ established inquires ONLY are appreciated. Contact me at: anti_cosmic_drummer@yahoo.com”

“Thanks to all who have shown me support in these past few months. Between the passing of family and my constant traveling, I still have many emails and phone calls that I still have yet to reply. I really appreciate all the friends who have proven their truth. Hail the true.”

Experimental metal ensemble ISIS will hit the road in support of their latest release "Wavering Radiant" for a spring/summer 2009 U.S. tour.
FROM SMNNEWS.COM:

Isis tour dates:

May 15 - San Diego, CA @ Casbah
May 16 - Tempe, AZ @ The Clubhouse
May 17 - Albuquerque, NM @ Launchpad
May 19 - Austin, TX @ Emo’s
May 20 - Dallas, TX @ Granada Theatre
May 21 - Houston, TX @ Meridian - Red Room
May 22 - Baton Rouge, LA @ Spanish Moon
May 23 - Birmingham, AL @ Bottle Tree
May 25 - Orlando, FL @ The Social
May 26 - Gainesville, FL @ Common Grounds
May 27 - Jacksonville, FL @ Jack Rabbit’s
May 28 - Atlanta, GA @ The Earl
May 29 - Carrboro, NC @ Cat’s Cradle
May 30 - Washington, DC @ Black Cat
May 31 - Baltimore, MD @ Sonar
June 2 - New York, NY @ The Filmore at Irving Plaza
June 3 - Philadelphia, PA @ TLA
June 4 - Northampton, MA @ Pearl Street
June 5 - Boston, MA @ Paradise
June 6 - Montreal, QC @ The National
June 7 - Toronto, ON @ Phoenix Theatre
June 9 - Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop
June 10 - Cincinnati, OH @ 20th Century Theatre
June 11 - Detroit, MI @ Small’s
June 12 - Chicago, IL @ The Bottom Lounge
June 15 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
June 16 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Club Sound
June 18 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
June 19 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
June 20 - Seattle, WA @ Neumo’s
June 22 - San Jose, CA @ The Blank Club
June 23 - San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
June 24 - Los Angeles, CA @ Henry Fonda Theatre
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-