Tuesday, October 26, 2010

PSYCROPTIC VOCALIST SITS OUT FALL NORTH AMERICAN TOUR WITH NILE


Tasmanian death metal warriors PSYCROPTIC have sent this message.
FROM PSYCROPTIC:
Vocalist Jason Peppiatt of Tasmania's technical death metallers PSYCROPTIC will be unable to accompany the band on its upcoming U.S. tour with NILE, EX DEO, KEEP OF KALESSIN and PATHOLOGY due to the imminent arrival of his newborn son. He will be temporarily replaced by Zdenek Simecek (GODLESS TRUTH).

"A month or so after we confirmed the U.S. tour, I was greeted with the excellent news that I would be a new father, halfway through the tour no less," commented Peppiatt. "Since I could not miss the birth, and I couldn't exactly drive from the U.S. to Tasmania, I talked it through with the rest of the guys and decided to ask Zdenek in to fill for the last tour of the 'Ob(servant)' album for me.

"Zdenek has been a longtime friend of the band and is a super-talented vocalist, so I'm happy to have him in my shoes for this run.

"I'll be working hard demoing the new material while at home (as well as changing nappy's), and I'll see you all in 2011!"

PSYCROPTIC's latest album, "Ob(Servant)", was released in Europe on September 26, 2008 and in North America on October 14, 2008 via Nuclear Blast Records. The follow-up to 2006's "Symbols of Failure" was mixed and mastered by former MACHINE HEAD and SOULFLY guitarist Logan Mader (DIVINE HERESY, GOJIRA) and was recorded once again by guitarist Joe Haley.
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-