Friday, April 22, 2011

ROY KHAN LEAVES KAMELOT


Norwegian born vocalist ROY KHAN has officially announced his departure from U.S. power metal gods KAMELOT.
FROM ROY KHAN:
"Dear fans and friends,

"There have been a lot of speculations around why I am not touring with KAMELOT and I want to make a statement although it may not prevent further guessing as to what's actually going on. It is a fact, however, that I told the guys in the band already last fall (well after my burnout) that I was leaving the band. Naturally enough, they were shocked (as was the label and everyone else working with KAMELOT). In addition to risk of dropping ticket sales, they wanted to give me time to think things over, and so I did. My decision still stands; it is finished.

"I am currently spending time with my family in Norway taking it easy and wondering profoundly what the future is going to bring. Communication with the outer world has been so and so, but I have had several talks with Thomas [Youngblood, KAMELOT guitarist/mainman] along the way, although I am still called in sick.

"I am terribly sorry that my decision is affecting so many others and I want you to know I wish the band and associates all the best for the future and that I enjoyed every second in the spotlight. How could I not?! They were nourished by the best fans in the world!

"I am eternally thankful for everything you and KAMELOT have given me and equally sorry that it has to end here. The good news is; God was there after all...

"Love you to death!!!"
FROM KAMELOT:
"With a heavy heart, we can now announce that Roy Khan has chosen to leave the band. We wanted to give him ample time for this kind of decision, due to his recent burnout and also the amount of amazing times we have shared with him in KAMELOT. We respectfully accept his resignation from the band and wish him the best in his future endeavors. The timing is actually good since we feel the uncertainty the fans have had can now be laid to rest and the band can move on to finding a new singer."

"The tour is going great so far and the fans have been amazing throughout this entire process," adds keyboardist Oliver Palotai.

With the new tour already in progress, KAMELOT has already begun the search for a new vocalist. "I have a few guys in mind," says KAMELOT founder Thomas Youngblood. "And as you can imagine, it is a very important decision. There are some amazing singers that have already contacted us on this but we will take our time to find the right person."

Due to the overwhelming success of the recent shows in South America, KAMELOT is in the process of booking new shows in Europe in November/December.
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-