Thursday, June 30, 2011

DARK FUNERAL: Announce New Vocalist and DOMINATOR re-joins DARK FUNERAL

Swedish black metal legends DARK FUNERAL have announced that drummer DOMINATOR has returned to the band and DARK FUNERAL have found a new vocalist.
FROM DARK FUNERAL: I must admit that it surely was not an easy task to find a worthy replacement for Emperor Magus Caligula, who has been doing an amazing job for Dark Funeral during the past 15 years. He has not only been "the vocalist" for the band, but also a very good friend of mine and he always will be!

Anyway, 10 months of intense search worldwide have finally given result. And I'm VERY proud to announce and welcome "NACHTGARM" to the horde.

I think, I can speak for everyone in the band and say that besides completely knocking us down with the strength of his vocals and wide register, what truly blew us away was his presence, energy and the amazing spirit he showed during the final audition. He just came into the rehearsal room, found and took his rightful spot. And then just set the whole place on hellfire!
It's really hard to explain "that" certain feeling one is looking for, but once you get it, you just know that you've found the right man for the job. And that is something we all got "deluxe". No doubt about that! Mankind has no idea what is coming upon them. And I can't wait to bring this maniac on tour for the world to experience DARK FUNERAL in the most intense and hellish way ever!

During the 10 month we have been looking for a new vocalist and drummer, we have received over 1000 applications. The interest to join DARK FUNERAL has been way over expectation and quite overwhelming to say the least. And I'd like to take this opportunity to thank EVERYONE who applied for the jobs. One thing is for sure: There are a lot of unknown talents out there. And once they've found the right band to deliver their goods, I'm sure we all will hear from many of these guys in the future. Good luck! / Lord Ahriman

Chaq Mol Comments: When E.M.Caligula quit the band my first thought was "how the fuck will we be able to find a worthy replacement now?". In my eyes he was the best vocalist in the Black Metal scene. Anyhow, after we had listened through a couple of hundreds applicants, there were two guys that really stood out and sounded very promising indeed. The question now was, would they nail it on a live audition too, and would their personalities be of that kind we were looking for?! Well, after 10 month search we finally found the right man for the job! And all my previous doubts and concerns are now a memory forgotten. NACHTGARM, welcome to the horde!

Nachtgarm comments: To me, Dark Funeral is the epitome of Black Metal. To be a member of this institution now, is not only a big honor for me, but is also complementing my work as a lead singer as well as my action at the front of the stage throughout the years. Consequently, I am very glad that Dark Funeral put their unholy faith in me and my abilities.

As the successor of Emperor Magus Caligula I am quite aware of the high expectations being directed to my person. However, I can assure every one of you out there, that with every breath I take I will live up to these expectations. Hands down. This is the arrival of Satan's Empire. Now let us set this world aflame!
But that's not all..
DOMINATOR is back!!!
Yes, you heard it right,

After a short break of focusing on other aspects of my life, it's a great privilege for me to announce my return to Dark Funeral. The time off has fueled my inspiration and urge to get back behind the kit and annihilate. It's an honour to play alongside my fellow brothers again. May Dark Funeral rise to Dominate once more.

Lord Ahriman comments: It feels absolutely killer to be working with Dominator again. He's not only an amazing drummer, but also a very good friend. And I'm glad he's back in the band. A massive welcome back brother! Now, let's together set the world ablaze and conquer the universe once and for all!

Chaq Mol comments: Finally, a missing brother is back from his walkabout. And the search for a drummer is officially over. Once again we have the honor to play with the best drummer ever. Welcome back Dominator, my brother!
More news and announcements coming shortly...


www.darkfuneral.se
www.facebook.com/darkfuneral
www.myspace.com/darkfuneral Thanks-Stay Metal,, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-