Sunday, October 30, 2011

SONS OF AZRAEL: GUITARIST TONY LORENZO SHOT IN ARMED ROBBERY



Tony Lorenzo, guitarist for Buffalo, New York death metal warriors SONS
OF AZRAEL was shot in a armed robbery Wendsday night. Lorenzo, 25, is paralyzed from the waiste down.

FROM SONS OF AZRAEL:
Sons of Azrael founding member Tony Lorenzo was shot Wednesday evening while walking near his home in Buffalo, NY. He is alive but in seriously stable condition. Please keep him, his family, and his riffs in your thoughts. Thank you.

FROM BLABBERMOUTH.NET:
According to WIVB-TV, Tony Lorenzo, guitarist and founding member of Buffalo death metal band SONS OF AZRAEL, was shot by an armed robber while walking in Buffalo's Elmwood Village Wednesday night. The 25-year-old musician is paralyzed from the waist down, with a bullet lodged in his spinal column.

Tony's friend, Alex Artemas, said, "Him and I were just walking to a friend's house, and it was just a complete random hit, came from behind, never saw it coming."

"The kid asked me, he said, 'Give me what you got.' And before I could even get my wallet out, he just shot me," said Tony.

Initial reports were that the victim may have known his attacker.

Tony's mom, Caroline Bronckers, said, "He absolutely did not know his attacker, and I want that cleared."

Tony added, "I'm not a gang banger. I'm not someone who owes anyone money. I don't start beefs. I'm just a normal guy, you know? I work at Pano's Restaurant."

Doctors have to wait for the swelling to go down before they can remove the bullet.

A PayPal account (helpingtony@gmail.com) has been set up to help pay for Lorenzo's medical expenses.

SONS OF AZRAEL's latest album, "Scouting The Boneyard", was released in January 2010 via Ironclad Recordings (the label formed by UNEARTH frontman Trevor Phipps).

The band's full-length debut, "The Conjuration of Vengeance", came out in August 2007.



Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-
(All the best in recovery to Buffalo's most brutal warrior Tony Lorenzo)