Saturday, November 19, 2011

IGZORDIUM RECORDS: CLOSES DOWN



Colorado based indie extreme metal label IGZORDIUM RECORDS have decided to discontinue the label.

FROM IGZORDIUM RECORDS: In the past six months or so Igzordium has been promoting other unique and hard working musicians on our label entitled Igzordium Records. We have met some good people and made some enemies in the process. All of this we are grateful for and wouldn’t have it any other way. Some of the bands on the label have found other indie labels to support them and that is exactly what our goal was. To introduce music to the world in hopes that people could latch on and further support these bands in their life long dream of being musicians. We thank all you fans for all your support and hope you enjoyed the music we shared with you.
We have however decided to discontinue the label. I do understand what the world see’s in labels but am against it and rather stand on my own with chin held high and with my axe by my side. Being a musician I do not have time to run a label, for my time should be focused more on creating what I love most, music.
People may disagree with my choices but any real Igzordium fan knows where we stand. We are not your ordinary metal band. Having barely any real metal fans (If any) we are often put to the side and ignored. Why?? My only guess is that we have no genre connected to us. Igzordium mixes all types of metal, from Thrash Metal to Black Metal, Death Metal, Melodic Metal, You name it, we embrace it. What is metal anyways?? It cannot be explained. It is something that is far beyond what words can express and it is up to the fans to decide what we are.
I was at first disappointed that metal fans did not embrace our style and that radio and magazines refused to cover us, at the same time I feel that I have shared metal with the rest of the world that may have never seen it or accepted it if we were stuck in a single metal genre, forever I am grateful for this. Most of our fans are actually female and what else could any guitar player want?? We know why every man picks up his first guitar...to get the girls hahaha. It grows into more than that but underneath it all, lets face it, the woman drove us to do what we do..... Thanks ladies.
We never thought our fan base would be consisted of non metal fans and definitely not females but with what I’ve seen and experienced in the local metal scene of Denver CO. I want no part of. Every band can suck my dick and choke, wait no, most of them would like it. Let’s just say they can go fuck themselves and enjoy the sausage fest they are so proud to be part of, Cephalic Carnage is the exception.
We never thought females would be our number one fans but we are happy with that and to even have fans is a privilege. Knowing that just four years ago I was picking up a guitar and learning it for the first time, now today people listen to me in their spare time and enjoy some of the material I write. I can never express in words how thankful I truly am.
Now some people may think I am trying to be an outcast or a rebel or whatever other label they can come up with but I am none of those. I am also not Christian, I’m not Satanic, I’m not Buddhist or Muslim etc.....I am not Republican, Democrat or anything in between, I will die before I ever cast my unacknowledged vote, judge me if you will. I am simply a human being with a passion for music. I am not your typical metal head being that I do listen to and support other music, but in my heart I know what I live for and that is metal and it will always be metal. It is my one true love. No matter if metal fans like me or not. I will continue to spew forth the madness that is within me and hope that someday people will listen and accept us for what we are, not just bitch about what we are not.
I am not against bands being on labels or being part of a genre, it’s all necassary, only in my case do I refuse. If Roadrunner Records, Metalblade Records, Relapse, or any label came to me, I would refuse and not sign to any of them. If I were in a band with four or five other people I may feel differently but with my current circumstances I have no need for this. I do not need to be part of a group or an organization. My label is Igzordium and that explains everything that I stand for and that is simply the beginning of anything. Everything that we do is an extension of Igzordium, just different chapters in an ever growing novel of chaos presented to you in vibrations of madness and lunacy.
I do want to thank you all for putting up with all our newsletters and bulletins for we know it pissed off more people than not. Really that’s the only way to promote now days so if you didn’t like it, well, that’s not our problem. You had the right to delete us instead of write immature responses to our letters every week. We had to do what we had to do for people to stop and actually listen. We live in a world where bands are no longer special and hardly anyone has a favorite artist now days. It is sad but out of that comes many great opportunities at dissecting the music of the past and creating new music. All the music of the past should be respected greatly for anything that comes out today is just made up from those founding fathers of metal.
I am not going to write you all a book because I know not many people read these messages anymore but to the few that have and to the fans and bands that supported us. THANK YOU ALL & KEEP SUPPORTING UNDERGROUND MUSIC.
Sincerely,
Your fans,
Vincent Kevorkian & Art Caveretta
All of the opinions and statements in this letter do not reflect the opinions or thoughts of Art Caveretta. He does however thank each and every fan and band that has supported us. I personally thank Art for all his support and know I couldn’t have done it without him...Shred on my brotha/s.


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-