Friday, March 23, 2012

DEAD TROOPER: BIRGER LARSON (GUITARS/VOCALS) LEAVES BAND



Norwegian black metal warriors DEAD TROOPER have officially announced the departure of guitarist/vocalist BIRGER LARSON.

FROM PATRICIA THOMAS MANAGEMENT:

It's with fondness Dead Trooper says farewell to Birger Larsen. This is what he has to say about his leaving "After 10 wonderful years in Dead Trooper I have decided to leave the band. The reason for me leaving is that it takes a lot of time, and effort, to make Dead Trooper the band it is today, and the band it will be in the future. The band needs members that have the possibilities for doing that, and for the time being it is not me. There is no bad blood between me and the rest of the band. It has been 10 years with so many good memories, Mexico, the European tour in 2005 with Susperia and the Norwegian tour with fellow bastards Pantheon I is standing out as highlights. My last two shows will be the INFERNO METAL FESTIVAL NORWAY and Musikkflekken (Sandvika) April 13th. Let’s make both nights a night to remember. I’m still playing in Metal Militia and GROTESQUE HYSTERECTOMY. A big fucking thanks to the fans of Dead Trooper, and of course my brothers in crime Meister Müller and Jon Eirik Bokn, good luck with the new album and all that follows. Love ya all!
Cheers Birger.

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-