Saturday, July 21, 2012

CENTRAL ILLINOIS METAL FEST 2012: ANNOUNCES END OF CIMF

Promoters for the 2012 CENTRAL ILLINOIS METAL FEST, which last took place 7/13 and 14th, 2012, URBANA Illinois, CANOPY CLUB have announced the famous metal festival is NO MORE.




FROM CIMF PROMOTERS:
After 9 great years .... I am laying the CIM to rest and 2012 will be the last CIM ever!!! We have had a great run and launched a ton other fests copying our formula ,,,,,I would like to thank the canopy club for all the help since 2003 as well as Vader Cabinets for the killer backline help ....also vendors like Comatose Music and Sevared records who was at the fest EVERY YEAR!!! We know the scene just lost a big part of it but time as come for me to move on to new things beyond music....so its time for someone else to pick up the slack for the dying scene in the midwest ...also can't forget the great fans who would come yearly to the event...your the reason its been still alive since 2008 .....

I am debating on keeping my music going but my main focus is my 3 kids and my future wife and family.....

Thanks for the great memories i will miss seeing your happy faces at the show!!!
Matt Bishop
CIM owner (2003 - 2012)



Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-