Friday, August 17, 2012

LAMB OF GOD: Randy Blythe On The Prospect Of Returning To Prison/Playing Knotfest

RANDY BLYTHE, vocalist of Richmond, Virginia based thrash/core warriors LAMB OF GOD has commented on playing KNOTFEST (8/17/2012-IOWA and 8/18/2012-WISCONSIN) and his pending case regarding the 2010 charge (bodily harm 4th degree) in connection with a stage diving fan Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC.

FROM ADLERALLAXESS (WILLIE ADLER):
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1691923/lamb-of-god-randy-blythe-czech-airport.jhtml
Lamb Of God frontman Randy Blythe has spoken about life behind bars in the Czech Republic and how he is coping with the very real threat of having to return.

Speaking with MTV.com, Blythe said that during his detainment, he had to rely on inmates for information on the outside world, including pieces vital to his case: “My fellow prisoners could read about this in the papers, and when we would go out for a walk, an hour each day, they’d tell me what was happening,” he said. “I learned the first time the prosecutor’s appeal for my bail was rejected, I learned about it from a prisoner. And one day I go out and they’re like, ‘Ozzy Osbourne has said something good for you,’ because there was something about Ozzy coming out in support of me in the paper.”
 
Blythe was arrested by Czech police at the Prague RuzynÄ› Airport on Wednesday, June 27 and later charged with causing, “bodily harm of the fourth degree, resulting in the death of a fan” during a May 24, 2010 Lamb Of God concert.

Despite paying an approximate total of $400,000 bail, Blythe was detained in a Prague Prison until August 2, when he was eventually released following a 16-hour closed court session in Prague. However, Blythe may have to return to the Czech Republic to stand trial and faces up to ten years in jail if found guilty. He has affirmed on several occasions that if summoned, he would comply.
 
In the MTV interview, Blythe explained how he was dealing with the possibility of going back to jail: “For me, I always try and maintain the mentality that this is reality, wherever I am, and I have to deal with it as such. And I’ve found that if I let my mind start going into these unknown, potentially awful futures, then I would just sit there and become an emotional wreck,” he said.
 
Blythe confirmed he was not mistreated while in prison, and added that there are far worse places around the world to spend ten years in than a Czech prison: “…the way I look at it, yeah it is kind of scary, but before I went to this prison, a month earlier, we had a day off in Krakow, Poland … and I had taken a bus to Auschwitz by myself, and toured the place … and that kind of stuff makes you realize ‘OK, I’m in prison, they want to give me 10 years, that’s nothing compared to atrocities that have occurred, and are still occurring in some places.’”

Blythe and Lamb Of God return to the stage toady and tomorrow for Slipknot’s inaugural Knotfest in Iowa and Minnesota. Blythe commented on the shows: “Playing is pretty cathartic for me, and I’ve got a big ball of weird emotions going on right now,”


VIDEO BELOW: RANDY BLYTHE (LAMB OF GOD): MTV INTERVIEWED: 


Get More: 
Lamb of God, Music News

KNOT FEST 2012 (VIA INSTAGRAM): 

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-