Thursday, February 7, 2013

ARCHSPIRE: JARON EVIL UPDATE (SUFFERED STROKE)

Vancouver, BC Canadian technical progressive metal warriors ARCHSPIRE have sent this update on bassist JARON EVIL whom suffered a stroke last October (2012) and his recovery.

                                                                                                         ARCHSPIRE unleashed "All Shall Align" 4/12/2011 on TRENDKILL RECORDINGS.



FROM ARCHSPIRE (JARON EVIL):
  JARON EVIL UPDATE:

Hi everyone,

There have been concerns and rumours raised regarding my health, so I thought I'd post an update on how I'm doing and what actually happened. October 21st I woke up at 4am because I felt nauseous. I got up and awkwardly made it to the bathroom, slamming into doors and walls the whole way. I began to vomit, thinking I simply had a bad flu and was tired. I continuously vomited for 12 hours, and only called an ambulance because I had to work the next day, and didn't want to feel sick anymore. My plan was to get some antibiotics and get over this supposed "flu" as soon as possible. The ambulance showed up and rushed me to the hospital, and after several pokes and prods, the doctor told me that I had a stroke. This was shocking enough, let alone that they were prepping me for my first of three brain surgeries. Apparently what had happened is that I had a legion growing on one of my arteries, which caused it to dissect and bleed into my cerebellum and brain stem. It's rare but it happens. There's nothing I could've done to prevent it, and since I'm quite young (31) and in decent shape, a stroke seemed rather far-fetched.
When I was all through with the surgeries, during which I nearly died multiple times, I couldn't move my right side, my coordination was off, I could barely talk, and I was confined to a wheelchair. I had part of my cerebellum cut out of my head, and a metal plate replacing a big chunk of my skull. I was told it would be many months before I'd even walk.
So it's Febuary 5th and where am I at now…Well, not only am I walking and talking, but I've been jamming with Archspire for the last couple weeks. My playing is off, but its getting better and faster daily. Its hard to explain to someone who doesn't play, but it's just a matter of time to re-align my system. I am optimistic as my recovery to date has been miraculously fast. I am confident my playing will improve in a couple months. I am already noticing gradual change, as is the rest of the band. I look forward to recording the bass for the next album in April, and definitely look forward to taking the stage with those sweet bros in Archspire once again.

Regards,
Jaron

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-