Monday, February 11, 2013

THE GRAMMIES 2013: LEVON HELM TRIBUTE AT THE 55th ANNUAL GRAMMIES, GOTYE WINS BEST SONG, AND DRESS CODE


FROM CBS NEWS: 2013 GRAMMIES:





MORE from the 55th Annual U.S. GRAMMIES.Yes, there was a  "Dress code" to avoid those wardrobe malfunctions, or sexuality from showing skin.
A cool LEVON HELM tribute via ELTON JOHN and many well known musicians as we all appreciated here in the Hudson Valley Area of New York, the home of LEVON HELM and his wondrous RAMBLES.

 Best part of the GRAMMIES, when it's over. However, save the best for last, a jam with CHUCK D of PUBLIC ENEMY, TRAVIS of BLINK 182, TOM MORELLO (RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE) and LL COOL J (GRAMMY AWARDS HOST). Did you see LL COOL J UNPLUGGED ON MTV back in the 90's, LL COOL J knocked you out!!!) kicks ASS!!!
Sounds like a good project in the making..


 IRON MAIDEN or LAMB OF GOD should have won in the metal category, HALESTORM won instead. :SHRUGS: What do the "Grannies" know about metal anyway? 


FROM LEVON HELM ESTATE:
Thank you Mavis, TBone, Zak, Sir Elton, Mumfords, Brittany and all the others who played an amazing tribute to Levon tonight. It's a bittersweet moment for us here in Woodstock right now and we truly appreciate your love and respect. Again, thank you.

GOTYE: "SOMEONE THAT I USED TO KNOW": (FROM "Making Mirrors"

"You can be addicted to certain kind of sadness".. :SIGH: GOTYE had me hooked on this song,about a year ago, on my alarm clock, at 6AM when I had early morning commitments and I had NEVER heard of this artist before. At first I thought, WTF?, "SOMEONE THAT I USED TO KNOW" is a cool hippie, retro throw back song with a rustic/retro production and unorthodox instrumentation.  Interesting song, as pondered life, getting up at 6AM, break ups, depressive days, hippies, and WHO IS THE ARTIST?  "SOMEONE THAT I USED TO KNOW" stuck out like nothing on the radio with it's own unique sense of identity, depressive angst and retro production.  "SOMEONE THAT I USED TO KNOW"  creeps up on you, a grower. I made people stop talking so I can listen to and sing along to this song. "SOMEONE THAT I USED TO KNOW" could have been sung by STING of the POLICE, but he's not from down under. :wink: Coolest pop song of 2013, and I'm glad GOTYE won a GRAMMY, even COHEED AND CAMBRIA covered it live.
Nice ZYLOPHONE solo, like I said, GOTYE: "SOMEONE THAT I USED TO KNOW" like nothing on the radio, way different, and cooler, and a damn addicting song. 
Three days later, after hearing out this GOTYE song, I made it to my early morning "commitment", and in the car radio too. 



http://youtu.be/8UVNT4wvIGY





Of course writing a tune "from the deepest pit of hell" may prove to be tear jerking moment for us metal heads, but we know better to get our hopes up too high for that elusive GRAMMY win. 

FROM THE ONION: 
http://www.theonion.com/articles/song-crafted-in-the-deepest-pit-of-hell-wins-big-a,31240/


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-