Wednesday, March 13, 2013

KORPIKLAANI: JUHO (ACORDION) LEAVES BAND

Finnish folk metal warriors KORPIKLAANI have announced accordion player "JUHO" has retired from the band, KORPIKLAANI will continue on.










KORPIKLAANI unleashed "Manala" 8/3/2012 on NUCLEAR BLAST.







FROM JUHO (KORPIKLAANI):
JUHO'S STATEMENT

I have decided to set my goals elsewhere, as a result of which Korpiklaani will go on without me from now on. Korpiklaani was a prominent part of my life for long, but after these eight and a half years I played in the band I have come to realize that I currently want to experience and pursue something else. Accordion has never been my primary instrument. I also understood that performing in front of an audience is not exactly what I hugely enjoy. Strange as it sounds, what I most want from making music nowadays is playing guitar at home. That is what I find relaxing and free of stress. Some people love touring, but because I am a very private person I found living and traveling on the tour bus for four weeks in a row a little challenging. Nevertheless, I got to experience many things I am deeply grateful for and want to thank all Korpiklaani's listeners, fellow bands, crew members and our staff who enabled all of this. I am glad that the band has now found a truly professional accordionist to take the place of me to take care of the future tours and shows as planned. I wish everyone well. The journey has just begun.

http://www.metal-ways.com/gallery/albums/2008/korpiklaani/08_11_25_jas_rod_marseille/korpiklaani-jas-rod-marseille-25.jpg


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-