Tuesday, April 9, 2013

OBSCENE EXTREME 2013 ASIA: OBSCENE EXTREME ASIA 2013 STATEMENT - "EXTREME CONDITIONS DEMAND EXTREME RESPONSES"

Promoters for OBSCENE EXTREME 2013 ASIA, (4/6-7, 2013-Jakarta Selatan INDONESIA) have sent this statement on the festivals inclement weather conditions and OEF ASIA financial down fall.











FROM OBSCENE EXTREME 2013 ASIA PROMOTERS:
OEF Asia - dunno what to say, Indonesia don't give a fuck about festival like Obscene Extreme, Indonesia has better festivals than ours and bringing OEF to Jakarta was worst idea I ever had...to be super honest we did really bad work with promotion of our festival...and it's my responsibility as I picked up Indonesian promoteurs that were still
believing in MIRACLE than never came...our production and organization was so poor (festival CD arrived too late to fest venue, where is BIRDFLESH and AGATHOCLES merch? and so many other problems...)...I mean stage, festival area, sound, all professional and good, all bands coming from all over Asia (which was most important idea I had for OEF Asia to
make this nice scene more united) were simply AWESOME, I had so much fun watching and enjoying bands from countries like Viet Nam, Phillipines, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, and also Australia, South
Africa, Sweden, Finland...and also all Indonesian bands...Great, greatshows...and I'm very sorry guys there were no more people to enjoying your sets like me! I hope I can invite you one nice day to Obscene Extreme, Czech republic, we will show you real respect for your work,
you all surely deserve it!!!

Saturday weather was simply worst weather in OEF history, rain and rain and mud even worse than in our hometown Trutnov, but on other hand shows of KING PARROT and ROTTEN SOUND was thanx to this insane conditions
UNBELIEVABLE!!! Such intense and angry shows!!! And Keijo of ROTTEN SOUND jumping down to crazy crowd and sharing that mud experience with fans? Haha, I can't stop laughing even few days after the fest!

I believe with those shows we made history...and I can continue, watching grinding fathers UNHOLY GRAVE or AGATHOCLES, d-beat of TOUCHED BY NAUSEA, megabrutal JASAD and more cool shows like COSMIC VORTEX, MASOCHIST, RUST PHANTOM, EXTREME DECAY (love it!), DEADLY WEAPON, BERSIMBAH DARAH and I can continue...

Sunday we just waited for more fans to come, no one did so I was just thinking I'll feel much better when all that time and money I spend for Asia will be worth of it so I made decision with free entrance for everyone so some people came and atmosphere was way too much better and
definitely worth of coming to Jakarta! And probably thanx to this idea I was insulted by lady from our own oef crew. I believe it as just big misunderstanding as she was screaming at my "You're fucking loser" (actually that's true, I am loser...), "You don't respect my people, my
nation" (that's NOT true otherwise I didn't bring OEF to Indonesia and I never said anything bad about your country, it's just another world and that's all I can say...) and then he punched me in my face, I am happy I was strong enough I didn't fight back, it was close...and I have more crazy
stories to tell...but fuck it, who cares?

Weather and vibe was cool on Sunday, and best shows for me that day?

MARJINAL! Great punk rock with opinion. FLAGITIOUS IDIOSYNCRASY IN THE DILAPIDATION, uargh, those grind ladies know how to grinddddd! Singaporean grinding father and son DEMISOR and WORMROT! Perfect thrashcore by SARJAN HASSAN! TOOLS OF THE TRADE, just two piece band but such a blistering grind! Very brutal show delivered by SIKSAKUBUR! Also RAJASINGA rocks hard and of course masked imbeciles from Sweden - BIRDFLESH!

It was such a great experience to meet people like MARJINAL collective, your work is big inspiration for me, all your charity project need whole support of not only Indonesian but World scene and I promise we will try to
help you when we recovery from this financial disaster!!!

All at all, real TRAGEDY for OEF if we speak about finance, but on positive note another 100% life experience, I was thinking nothing can be worse than do festival and being honest in Mexico, but now I can say always can be even worse...

So with blue eye can't wait to be in Australia! See you all mates quite soon!!!

curby/obscene

p.s. Keijo prays for better Obscene Extreme times...


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-