Monday, April 22, 2013

ITP V.013 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P CHRISSY AMPHLETT (DIVINYLS)

 Chrissy Amphlett, vocalist  of legendary Australian rock band (Divinyls) passed away to breast cancer today in New York at 53.. DIVINYLS, best known for the hit song "I Touch myself", a song about, you guessed it, masterbation, :winks: we ALL do it, 
"I touch myself, I honestly do"..







DIVINYLS featured a member of AIR SUPPLY and were a nu wave modern rock staple with intense, unpredictable performances, and sexual lyrical themes.

CHRISSY AMPHLETT encouraged fans to for tested for breast cancer, with "I Touch Myself" as a theme song.


Chrssy Amphlett, dressed in fish net stockings with her intense performances also suffered from Multiple Sclerosis and was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010. 
Amphlett could not under go radiation treatment because of the Multiple Sclerosis.  
Go easy hun, a part of my teens just died with CHRISSY, R.I.P.
http://youtu.be/wv-34w8kGPM
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1559061/chrissy-amphlett-singer-with-legendary-australian-rockers-divinyls-dies-at-53
http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/music/chrissy-amphlett-dead-at-53-20130422-2ia30.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/04/22/chrissy-amphlett-dead-divinyls-singer-dies-53-pictures_n_3130156.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

FROM METAL REVIEW:
R.I.P Chrissy Amphlett. Despite the fact that The Divinyls weren't particularly "metal", Chrissy was a beautiful woman with a unique voice who stood as a role model for women who wanted to be in the music industry. Chrissy lost her battle with both MS and Breast Cancer earlier today at the age of 53. Rock on with the rest of our deceased, beloved musicians forever, girl \m/

- Deej

FROM ARIA: 

It is with great sadness that we learn of the passing of the beloved Chrissy Amphlett, a true pioneer and inspiration to a generation of Australian musicians and music fans.
ARIA would like to pass on its deepest condolences to the family, friends and many fans of Chrissy. She will be dearly missed.
Below is an official statement from Chrissy’s husband Charley Drayton:
Our beloved Chrissy peacefully passed this afternoon.
Christine Joy Amphlett succumbed to the effects of breast cancer and multiple sclerosis, diseases she vigorously fought with exceptional bravery and dignity.  She passed gently, in her sleep, surrounded by close friends and family, including husband of fourteen years, musician Charley Drayton; her sister, Leigh; nephew, Matt; and cousin Patricia Amphlett (“Little Pattie”).
 Chrissy’s light burns so very brightly. Hers was a life of passion and creativity; she always lived it to the fullest. With her force of character and vocal strength she paved the way for strong, sexy, outspoken women. 
Best remembered as the lead singer of the ARIA Hall of Fame inductee, Divinyls; last month she was named one of Australia’s top ten singers of all time.  Chrissy expressed hope that her worldwide hit “I Touch Myself” would be utilized to remind all women to perform annual breast examinations.


Chrissy was a true pioneer and a treasure to all whose lives her music and spirit touched.
FROM PETER GARRETT (MIDNIGHT OIL): 
Farewell to the finest of singers, great performer, a true star

FROM RUSSELL CROW: 
Dear Chrissie, The last time I saw you was in the Botanic Gardens, loving life and reciting verse. That's how I'll remember you, your boy, R

FROM CHRISSY AMPHLETT: 
Unfortunately the last 18 months have been a real challenge for me having breast cancer and MS and all the new places that will take you.You become sadly a patient in a world of waiting rooms,waiting sometimes hours for a result or an appointment and you spend a lot time in cold machines like MRI,CT machines,hospital beds,on your knees praying for miracles,operating rooms,tests after tests,looking at healthy people skip down the street like you once did and you took it all for granted and now wish you could do that.
I have not stopped singing throughout all this in my dreams and to be once again performing and doing what I love to do.I have been writing the occassional song with a wonderful collaborator Kraig Jarret and two weeks ago we performed some of those songs in NYC in the West Village.My illnesses have really exhausted this little body of mine that I have thrown from one end of a stage to another and performed thousands of shows thats sadly some of you missed.With that said I am getting stronger but there is still some fine tuning and work to be done on myself.It's a different self but my voice is strong and not affected by the MS as some reviewers have cruelly reported.I can walk altho sometimes I wobble but try to wobble with the beat.I look after myself and my husband has been through this with me every part of the way and I cannot imagine what I would have done without him and his kindness.I did something right.My lttle dog Holiday lays on the end of the bed when I am not feeling great and doesn't leave my side.I don't reach out to people and talk about what I go through as we are all going through something and for someone who once was fancy free I have all of this in my life "So I Know".I am grateful to have the knowledge that all of this has shown me and I feel privledged that I am strong enough to "know" and share that it's really alright.I will sing again,I will perform again but this time "I know" I hope you understand what I mean and if you don't you will one day and be grateful.Yes Lawrence What A Life and this is Life.We must never be afraid.


FROM CHRISSY AMPHLETT (FACEBOOK):
Chrissy Facebook administration would like to send their deepest sympathy's to Chrissy's loved ones at this time. 
Thank you to each and everyone for your messages and love that you are sharing with Chrissy on her page. 
God bless you Chrissy and may your spirit live on x


FROM "LITTLE PATTIE THOMPSON" (CHRISSY AMPHLETT RELATIVE):

"Our beloved Chrissy peacefully made her transition this morning.
"Christine Joy Amphlett succumbed to the effects of breast cancer and multiple sclerosis, diseases she vigorously fought with exceptional bravery and dignity. 

She passed gently, in her sleep, surrounded by close friends and family, including husband of 14 years, musician Charley Drayton, her sister, Leigh, nephew, Matt, and cousin Patricia Thompson (“Little Pattie”).

"Chrissy’s light burns so very brightly.
“Hers was a life of passion and creativity; she always lived it to the fullest.
“With her force of character and vocal strength she paved the way for strong, sexy, outspoken women.
“Best remembered as the lead singer of the ARIA Hall of Fame inductee, Divinyls, last month she was named one of Australia’s top ten singers of all time.
“Chrissy expressed hope that her worldwide hit I Touch Myself would remind women to perform annual breast examinations.
“Chrissy was a true pioneer and a treasure to all whose lives her music and spirit touched.”


Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/music/chrissy-amphlett-dead-at-53-20130422-2ia30.html#ixzz2RB4FJ1Te


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-