Thursday, May 2, 2013

ENISIFERUM: STATEMENT FROM MARKUS ABOUT HIS HEALTH & HEADBANGERS WEEKEND (TR) CANCELLATION:

Finnish viking metal warriors ENISIFERUM have sent this statement as the band has cancelled their appearance at HEADBANGERS WEEKEND (5/5/2013 INSTANBUL) regarding a blockage to guitarist/vocalist  Markus Toivonen's ear.

ENISIFERUM unleashed "Unsung Heroes" 8/24/2012 via SPINEFARM RECORDS.

ITP V.013 EDITORS NOTE:
I "hear" your pain, I had the same ailment last week, has cleared up since.


FROM ENSIFERUM:
Unfortunately Ensiferum have been forced to cancel the show at Headbangers Weekend in Istanbul 5.5.2013, because of my medical condition. My right ear has been blocked and I've been half deaf for nine days now. There is also constant buzzing/noise. 

The whole issue began around 10 days ago, whilst flying back home from our North-American tour. During these nine days I met four different doctors and I've been having hearing tests. Until this point, they had given me hope that my ear would be fine before this upcoming show in Istanbul, but unfortunately it has not recovered. 

Today I met with a second ear doctor who told me that I cannot fly because of the pressure. It seems that the problem is in the inside of the ear. There was also infection in the middle of the ear, which has cleared up since. More tests (including x-rays) will follow next week.

This cancellation is nothing to do with the promoter. They did everything 100% correct (including payments and booking flights). This is strictly about my medical condition. We were forced to cancel one show last Sunday in Germany (Hexentanz festival) as well because of the same issue.

We really hope to get another chance to perform in Turkey soon and I am very sorry about this unexpected cancellation.

-Markus Toivonen / Ensiferum




So who's coming to see us this month in South America?

28.05.2013 Colombia Teatro Las Vegas Nevada, Bogota
30.05.2013 Chile Blondie Club, Santiago
31.05.2013 Argentina Teatro Vorterix, Buenos Aires
01.06.2013 Brazil Carioca Club, São Paulo...See More
South America Tour 2013
Dates/tickets: http://www.ensiferum.com/gigs-coming


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-