Thursday, May 2, 2013

ITP V.013 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P JEFF HANNEMAN (SLAYER GUITARIST)

JEFF HANNEMAN, guitarist of California thrash legends SLAYER passed away today to liver failure at 49.

JEFF HANNEMAN was two years AWOL from SLAYER as EXODUS
guitarist GARY HOLT replaced HANNEMAN for SLAYER's touring commitments, there for the hold up regarding a new SLAYER release.

SLAYER unleashed "World Painted Blood" 11/3/2009 on AMERICAN
RECORDINGS.

RIP Jeff Hanneman - Thanks for all the years of shredding. We now have one true Angel Of Death.


ITP V.013 EDITORS NOTE:  I'm bummed out, shocked,although I shouldn't be, disappointed and deeply saddened to hear of JEFF's passing. 
R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman, Reign in blood, South Of Heaven JEFF..






RIP Jeff Hanneman - Thanks for all the years of shredding. We now have one true Angel Of Death.

FROM KERRY KING: 
Kerry King just now said this at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards:

"Jeff Hanneman doesn't want a moment of silence. He was in fucking slayer. He wants a moment of noise!" *raises 2 shots*


FROM SLAYER:
Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.;Our Brother Jeff Hanneman, May He Rest In Peace (1964 - 2013)"
                                                                                                                                                                  FROM PAUL BOSTAPH: (FORMER DRUMMER OF SLAYER): I was very shocked to hear of Jeff Hanneman's passing today. I'll always remember Jeff's sense of humor. He loved to laugh and cracked me up hella times. He is my brother. I'll miss you dude. Rest in peace.

FROM HEXE KREIG: Jeff Hanneman\m/ .. Brother, You will be missed 
                                                                                                                                                                 
FROM FUNENABRUM: R.I.P. JEFF HANNEMAN FROM ALL SHALL PERISH: "RIP Jeff Hanneman. You will continue to be a huge inspiration.                
FROM DARK FUNERAL: RIP Jeff Hanneman FROM DARK FUNERAL (LORD AHRIMAN):RIP Jeff Hanneman
                                                                                                                                                                       FROM CHAQ MOL: (DARK FUNERAL):R.I.P Jeff Hanneman! Here´s My/Our tribute to you.  
                                                                                                                                                                            FROM GHOST BC: 
✞✞R.I.P.✞✞

✞✞JOHN HANNEMAN✞✞

Forge*


FROM COFFINS: 

R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman...

FROM AUTOPSY: 



RIP metal brother
FROM ABIOTIC: 


Always a sad day when someone in the metal world is lost. RIP Jeff Hanneman. Our condolences go out to the Slayer guys, their families, and their fans.

FROM PARTY SAN OPEN AIR: 

The Thrash world trembled. Jeff Hanneman passed away because of liver failure.

Give it up for some Slayer and taste the Black Magic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CoGDjtBtVE


FROM SUMMER BREEZE OPEN AIR: 

A very sad day for Metal! R.I.P., Jeff Hannemann!
Our thoughts are with his family and friends!

FROM PATRICIA THOMAS MANAGEMENT: 
R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman

FROM DECREPIT BIRTH: 

R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman.... Thank you for the years of awesome music, and inspiration.

FROM HIDEOUS DIVINITY: 
Extreme metal lost one of his godfathers. R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman.  MORE REACTIONS FROM THE MUSIC SCENE NEXT. 

FROM LENG TCH'E: 
No Jeff, no death metal. RIP you crazy blonde riff god. 

FROM NEGATOR: 
Soldiers!

It's a sad day. One of the greatest, Jeff Hanneman of SLAYER has passed away. May you rest in peace brother!

Our condolences go out to his family
 


FROM DOOMED: 
R.I.P. Jeff Hannemann - Thanks for all the years of fantastic music. Slayer was the very first metal band i've heard in the late 80's. "Show No Mercy", "Hell Awaits", "Reign In Blood" ...this insane album...and the wonderful "South Of Heaven"....damn!! Fist up high Mr. H.! 

FROM DEOUS OTIOUS: 
Just a month since a great metal musician passed in David Parland, and now Jeff Hannemann. In contrast to Parland surely Jeff will get his commemoration and also in contrast Parland I am quite sure that Jeff had no more good music left in him. However this is the guy who taught us as kids, that Evil Has No Boundaries!!!

"Blasting our way through the boundaries of Hell
No one can stop us tonight
We take on the world with hatred inside
Mayhem, the reason we fight"
 

FROM TESTAMENT: 
R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman, brother in thrash.

FROM METALLICA: 
R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman

FROM CARPATHIAN FOREST: 
R.I.P Jeff Hanneman

FROM SEASON OF MIST: 
Season of Mist would be remiss to mention the passing of Jeff Hanneman. His legendary guitar work, creativity, and tireless efforts in Slayer have influenced every single band that Season of Mist has ever worked with as well as all members of the Season of Mist staff. RIP.

FROM METAL SHOCK FINLAND: 
  We've changed our profile picture in honor of SLAYER 's Jeff Hanneman. We think it would be fitting if everyone changed there profile picture to a slayer one today.

MetalShockFinland 's Chief Editor has stated: "The first day without Jeff Hanneman, looks like it's raining blood!"
Our Metal brother, Jeff Hanneman, he may rest in peace, but he will rock forever in our hearts \m/

FROM IN FLAMES: 
Take a moment to remember the great Jeff Hanneman today. He will be missed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3-ITn0e00U

FROM OCTOBER TIDE: 
R.I.P. BROTHER !!!!

FROM  NEIL PORTNOW: (President/CEO, The Recording Academy): "Two-time Grammy winner Jeff Hanneman was an intense and powerful guitarist and a force to be reckoned with on stage. A founding member of the legendary metal band SLAYER, he was a key architect in their ferocious and uncompromising sound, which earned the band legions of loyal followers, tremendous respect among their peers, and a lasting impact on the genre. The music industry has lost a true trailblazer, and our deepest sympathies go out to his family, his bandmates and fans around the world who mourn his untimely passing." 

FROM HATEBREED: 
"We are extremely saddened by the news of Jeff Hanneman's passing. Our deepest condolences to his family, friends, fans and the entire SLAYER camp and their road crew. We would not be the band we are today without him and SLAYER. Rest in peace, Jeff!" 

FROM SUFFOCATION: 
Rest in Peace Jeff Hanneman you will surely be missed.

FROM OVERKILL: 
Truly a sad time, as we mourn the loss of our brother in Metal, Jeff Hanneman. He left us far too soon, but his influence will still be felt for years to come. We'll always remember the good times we shared. Rest In Peace. 
FROM BYEFROST: 
R.I.P Jeff Hanneman 

FROM MEGADETH: 
We send our condolences and deepest sympathies to the family, friends, and fans of Jeff Hanneman. Our hearts go out to his brothers in Slayer. Tonight one less star will be shining and sadly, the stage got just a little bit darker. Jeff Hanneman 1964-2013.

Dave Mustaine


FROM LIVING THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE (DOCUMENTARY): 


Our deepest sympathies. Absolute shame.



FROM OBITUARY: 

The metal music world lost a big brother and a true Legend today.Jeff Hanneman and Slayer are the reason so many of us picked up a guitar and learned to play metal music so, to hear of his passing really leaves us with heavy hearts. Rest In Peace Brother.... You will be Missed. ~Obituary band

FROM SEPULTURA: 

This set tonight is dedicated to Jeff Hanneman. Thank you for your influence through out the many years.You will never be forgotten. R.I.P
FROM DEATH: (ERIC GREIF and CHRIS STEELE): 
 We have lost another great person from the metal community. RIP Jeff Hanneman.   
 FROM SODOM: 
   Jeff Hanneman, Tom Araya and Chris Witchhunter in cozy "threesomeness". We hope Chris and Jeff can clink glasses together again now. Our thoughts are with Jeff and his family and friends. R.I.P Jeff!
FROM PEACEVILLE RECORDS: 
  R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman 
FROM DOOM METAL IS THE BEST MUSIC ON EARTH: 
  RIP Jeff Hanneman 
FROM MAD TOUR BOOKING: 
 We are extremely saddened by the news of Jeff Hanneman's passing. Our deepest condolences to his family, friends, fans and the entire Slayer camp & their road crew.
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1326734106/512.jpg 
 FROM METAL FEST OPEN AIRS: 
SLAYER guitarist Jeff Hanneman dead
The sad news spread like wildfire over the past hours and some of you may have already read the band’s statement here tonight:

Jeff Hanneman is dead. The SLAYER guitarist and founding member died of liver failure in California yesterday. He was 49.

The metal scene loses one of its most formative figureheads and thrashers all around the world in particular mourn the loss of one of THE protagonists in the genre.

On this bitter occasion, we declare this day "SLAYER Day", forego current news and kindly ask you to refrain from questions regarding possible consequences no one here at the Metalfest camp can answer today.


FROM DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL: 
A very sad day for metal. We know you'll all join us in remembering Jeff Hanneman at Download this year.

Our thoughts are with Tom, Kerry, Dave; & his family - we'll leave you with this epic performance from DL2007. RIP Jeff.


FROM EARACHE RECORDS: 
Rest in Peace Jeff Hanneman \m/ 
 FROM DAVE LOMBARDO (SLAYER DRUMMER)"Our brother Jeff is gone. I'm speechless."It's difficult for me to write my feelings at this moment. My heart goes out to.                                                          DINO CAZARES (FEAR FACTORY):"I'm extremely shocked and sad to hear about Jeff Hanneman. He was a huge influence on my playing when I was growing up. He wrote some of the best riffs and lyrics ever!!! Fucking 'Reign In Blood'!!!

"My condolences go out to his family.

"We lost a true legend."

  FROM DAVID DRAIMAN (DISTURBED): 
    "There is no room for/excuse for jealousy/contempt/hatred between those who should be supportive/caring brothers and sisters in the world of hard rock and heavy metal.

"In the wake of the news of the mighty Jeff Hanneman's [SLAYER] tragic passing last night at the [fifth annual] Revolver Golden Gods [award show presented by Epiphone at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, California], that point became crystal clear to everyone.

"Hardcore, thrash, classic, symphonic, death, grindcore, metalcore, hard rock and any other possible genre/sub-genre you could possibly concieve of, stood united in their grief, and steadfast in their support of the SLAYERcamp and the Hanneman family. when one of us falls, we are all affected. When a pillar as mighty as Jeff Hanneman falls we are all weakened, and need to be there for one another to console, fondly remember and fortify/strengthen one another, yet again.

"We have always come together as a family in such times of sorrow and need, and if something positive can be taken from any of this, it is that we learn from that sense of community and brotherhood that was so prevalent among everyone there last night. All the tastemaker/elitist nonsense, all the trash talking and jealously, truly has no place among hard rock/heavy metal's artists or its fans.

"I pray that there are those out there who will live by this, as I and countless others do.

"Love all, respect all, protect one and all, in our mighty family.

"I am honored and humbled beyond words to have been a part of such a warm display of support and brotherhood as was witnessed last night, I thank all my fellow brothers and sisters in the genre for their compassion shown, and for the humanity shared.

"Let Jeff's memory and last night's event serve as a symbol, a guiding light, a beacon, to all those who would question our love, devotion, and commitment to one another.
"I have been, and forever shall be, a fan of, an addict of, and a champion of, all things hard rock and heavy metal."    

FROM MAYHEM: Dedicating tonights show in Czech to Jeff Hanneman and Slayer.
Killer show last night, Hannemann's spirit was there indeed!
FROM GARY HOLT (EXODUS):
"I'm at a loss for words. The news yesterday of Jeff's passing hit me like a ton of bricks. Totally devastating sadness is all I have right now. 'In shock' are the best words I can come up with to describe how I'm feeling.Jeff Hanneman
. All I ever could HOPE to do was play those songs you wrote with the conviction with which you played and wrote them, 'cause there is only one of you; that mold was broken long ago. 

"My old friend, we had some amazing times on the greatest shows and tours I've ever done (VENOMSLAYEREXODUS, anyone?), young and hungry thrashers out to lay waste to everything, and had the best time ever while doing it. Exactly why we all started playing in the first place. 

"Much love and respect, and my deepest condolences to the Hanneman family and the whole SLAYER family. Gone but NEVER forgotten and always missed. R.I.P."

FROM METAL ARMY AMERICA:"Jeff had an ear for the brutal, evil and the catchy songs on occasion too, such as "Bloodline" #RIPJeffHanneman>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLgkS731l80

FROM SKULL AND BONES.COM: "Celebrating Jeff's Life All Weekend By Blasting Slayer band! Do The Same And Raise One Up To Our Fallen Hero!                                                                                    FROM KYLESA: RIP Jeff Hanneman. Been loving his songs for many years. The Metal community is not the same without him.                                                                                                                                  FROM CRYPTOPSY:Tonight we are in Dublin (IR) at the ''The Pint'' .... The set will be dedicated to Jeff

 FROM AT THE GATES: Thank you for everything Jeff, you and the music you created were an integral part of our lives as metal heads from teenagers to grown men. We in At the gates will miss you immensely. And we will remember, always! Hannman , thanks for all the music. RIP" At one with evil that has ruled before."Now smell the stench of immortality." - Spill the Blood (lyrics and music Hanneman - 1988)
                                                                                                                                                                     
FROM HIGH ON FIRE:
RIP Hanneman! Your riffs will never be forgotten!!!

FROM PROFOUND LORE RECORDS:
RIP Jeff Hanneman......


FROM CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS: 
Sad day in music today. RIP Jeff. You will never be forgotten \m/

FROM MY DYING BRIDE: “My Dying Bride would just like to publicly say just how heart broken they feel at the news of Jeff Hannemans passing. There are no words to really express the empty feeling we have at this news, our heartfelt condolences go out to all that new him close” Another grey day in metal.

FROM METAL BLADE RECORDS:"I have known Jeff Hanneman since 1983. He has left a lasting and amazing legacy in heavy metal. His guitar work and writing has forever changed the face and history of metal. He will be truly missed and so sad to have him leave us at such an early age. RIP my brother. My condolences to his family and the entire Slayer family.

FROM DUFF's (BROOKLYN NYC, NY): More SLAYER, more Heineken than usual tonight...


FROM TOMI JOUTSON (AMORPHIS): 
"For me, it was a huge surprise, I knew he was sick, but I didn't know it was so serious. When I heard the news, I was really shocked. I mean, really shocked."were, of course, a really important band and I'm glad they are continuing, but it's not the same without Jeff. He did some great songs with SLAYER and I think he was a person who didn't want to do any compromises, so it was a great thing. Yeah, it made me really sad; it was a sad day.

FROM MILLE PETROZZA (KREATOR): 
 "I can't find the right words right now. This is the saddest day in music I have experienced so far. Jeff has influenced my playing, writing and the way I listen to music forever. Condolences to his family and to [surviving SLAYER members] Dave[Lombardo], Kerry [King] and Tom [Araya]."


FROM DECAPITATED: 
RIP Jeff Hanneman

FROM JEFF LOCICERO (FORBIDDEN): 
"I haven't said very much publicly about the passing of Jeff Hanneman, because I really didn't ever know him very well. The one conversation we did have was basically a question he asked me when Paul Bostaph[former FORBIDDEN drummer] and all of the SLAYER guys came to a show FORBIDDEN did in Hollywood and I met them for the first time sincePaul had joined [SLAYER]. Jeff was introduced to me and looked me in the eye and said, 'Good guy or bad guy?' I knew what he meant. He was referring to how I took Paul joining SLAYER back in '91. I didn't take it well at all. I was young, naive and hurt. I answered point blank, 'Bad guy.'

"FORBIDDEN was going to sign a record deal with RCA when Paul got the offer. Of course he said yes; who wouldn't have? Because of that, and a combination of music changing its landscape to the grunge era, the deal fell through. So, yes, I was the bad guy and deserved that little quip fromJeff.

"I look back on those days and wonder who I was back then. I should have been as happy for Paul as I am these days. These days, we are so much of better friends than we ever where before. Playing with SLAYERwould have been a dream come true for this thrash kid. Hell, I was the first person to play SLAYER to Paul. So, yes, I was jealous! To play with one of the greatest riff artists in metal who was one of my guitar heroes ,Jeff Hanneman... Wow! It was beyond my comprehension back then.

"Anyhow, fast forward two decades and all of the history since... When I look at the pictures from the [Jeff Hanneman] memorial [in Hollywood], I got a little choked up. Many people I worked with in attendance. People I love, respect... acquaintances, business partners, great friends, brothers and sisters that all loved Jeff immensely. Seeing Dino Paredes fromAmerican [SLAYER's record label to which MANMADE GOD was briefly signed to], I remember him telling me how much he loved Jeff and cared about his health over 12 years ago. I have not seen him since MANMADE GOD called it a day in 2004. Rick Sales and Kristen Mulderig from RSM[SLAYER's management company]. They were all a part of my life and it was hard looking at those shots without having all of the emotions coming back.

"Anyhow, as apparently shy as Jeff was... his riffs and music transcended far beyond anybody's words can describe. He helped forge a culture. Whether he realized it or not, he influenced this kid and I am more proud then ever to know that my brothers, Paul Bostaph and Gary Holt, have had different parts in the history of SLAYER.

"Looks like Jeff had a proper tribute and send-off.

"R.I.P. Jeff."


JEFF HANNEMAN MEMORIAL METAL INJECTION VIDEO REPORT: 
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-