Tuesday, October 1, 2013

EPHEL DUATH: POST NEW TUNE "FEATHERS UNDER MY SKIN" featuring ERIK RUTAN (HATE ETERNAL) on backing vocals



U.S. experimental metal warriors EPHEL DUATH have posted a new tune "FEATHERS UNDER MY SKIN" featuring ERIK RUTAN (HATE ETERNAL) on backing vocals.                                                EPHEL DUATH's "FEATHERS UNDER MY SKIN" is a featured track from the bands anticipated new release "Hemmed By Light, Shaped By Darkness", due to be unleashed 11/19/2013 (EUROPE) and 11/26/2013 (NORTH AMERICA) via AGONIA RECORDS.

 EPHEL DUATH features KARYN CRISIS (CRISIS), MARCO MINNEMANN (KREATOR, NECROPHAGIST, STEVEN WILSON BAND, LMR), BRYAN BELLER (DETHKLOK, JOE SATRIANI) and founding member DAVID TISO.






FROM EPHEL DUATH:
Hi there kind people of the web, I'm thrilled to finally give you a new Ephel Duath song to listen to. 
This album means the world to me, I literally did everything I could to offer you the finest release this band has ever recorded. 
This is "Feathers under my skin", the opening track of "Hemmed by light, shaped by darkness". The song features Erik Rutan at backing vocals and here below you can read the lyrics.
Enjoy and please share your thoughts about it!
Much love,
Davide

FEATHERS UNDER MY SKIN

Rootless I wonder against my balance point
Silence unwraps the weight of being
And there I lie
Untouched by emotions of sort

I fight back my own human smell
Inhaling rain and dirt
I find shelter under beds of leaves
I fail to hide my claws again

Spitting on what I'm called to be
I scratch my skin deep down looking for feathers

What I am is what I'm not

Acceptance is that road
I walk away from
I lead with pride my own disasters
Denying I learn

I'll look at birds' eyes to get the answers I need
Light pulses through my nails
I draw my new self with it

A spinning top in constant motion
While my face
Like a watchtower remains still
My sight keeps aiming at the horizon
As far as it can get

Unfit to find any rest
I wish to transfigure in rocks or sediment
Motionless desires obstruct my run
I can't find a way to hide from these walls
Urban decay is black oil dripping on my wings

I cry diamonds of salt
I feed myself with them
Every drop cuts my throat deep to the spine
Till my voice shrinks to a bloody wisper

Lost among the lost
I keep moving
While my feet can't find any grip on the ground
I refuse the colours I see
I'll feed crows with my eyeballs
And keep just darkness for me
I keep just darkness for me

What I am is what I am not
What I am not is what I'm cursed to be.



FROM AGONIA RECORDS:
Exceptional and experimental metal act Ephel Duath returns with its first album in 5 years, "Hemmed By Light, Shaped By Darkness".

Watch a video trailer featuring album artwork created by visionary artists Dehn Sora and Aeron Alfrey at: http://youtu.be/YJonIQqGjCY

Release date is set for November 19th in Europe and 26th in North America. 


Ignited by commitment and passion, "Hemmed By Light, Shaped By Darkness" is a multi-layered hybrid of death metal, jazz and post rock, and a strong statement from a band never bounded by rules. With intuition set as the only significant parameter, EPHEL DUATH takes an uncompromising will to experiment, to a whole new level of intensity.

Featuring 8 new songs and reaching over 50 minutes of total length, "Hemmed By Light, Shaped By Darkness" includes a unique line-up of: Marco Minnemann (Kreator, Necrophagist, Joe Satriani) behind the drums, Bryan Beller (Dethklok, Joe Satriani) on bass,

lead singer Karyn Crisis (Crisis, Karyn Crisis Band) and founder, guitarist n' songwriter: Davide Tiso.

Tracklist:

I. Feathers Under My Skin
II. Tracing The Path Of Blood
III. When Mind Escapes Flesh
IV. Within This Soil
V. Those Gates To Nothing
VI. Through Flames I Shield
VII. Hemmed By Light
VIII. Shaped by Darkness

"Hemmed By Light, Shaped By Darkness" will be available in Digipack CD, Double LP and Digital formats.


For pre-orders visit: https://www.agoniarecords.com/index.php?pos=shop&lang=en


Trailer:



VIDEO BELOW: EPHEL DUATH "Hemmed By Light, Shaped By Darkness" TRAILER: 




VIDEO BELOW: EPHEL DUATH:  "FEATHERS UNDER MY SKIN": (COURTESY OF AGONIA RECORDS)


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-