Tuesday, October 8, 2013

ROADBURN 2014 4/10-4/13/2014 @ 013 TILBURG, HOLLAND CONFIRM: GOBLIN, MAGMA and COMUS

ROADBURN 2014, set to take place 4/10-4/13/2014 @ 013 TILBURG, HOLLAND have confirmed Italian horror soundtrack band GOBLIN, MAGMA and COMUS.



ROADBURN 2014 have also confirmed, GRAVES AT SEA, YOB, CROWBAR,  A STORM OF LIGHT, LORD DYING, TRIPTYKON, ANCIIENTS and more TBA.

 ROADBURN 2014 have announced Mikael Åkerfeldt, vocalist/guitarist for Swedish metal legends OPETH will curate and the band will perform at the event.



FROM ROADBURN 2014 PROMOTERS:

Roadburn 2014 announcement 1 of 3...

Psychedelic Folk Legends Comus Confirmed For Mikael Åkerfeldt's Curated 2014 Roadburn Event

We're beyond thrilled to announce that psychedelic folk legends Comus have been confirmed for Mikael Åkerfeldt's curated 2014 Roadburn event on Friday, April 11th at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

”Hymen hunter, hands of steel, crack you open and your red flesh peel”. ”Is it a death metal lyric?, says Mikael Åkerfeldt, ”No it’s psychedelic folk. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the eerie yet beautiful world of Comus!”
”You’ll never be the same again.”
”I personally hold Comus debut LP ‘First Utterance’ as the pinnacle release of the genre. It’s just utterly amazing and has rubbed off on me musically in so many ways.
A timeless masterpiece, if anything. Their debut record from 1971 is like a family friend by now and their 1974 follow-up ‘To Keep From Crying’ is an underrated gem that deserves your attention. This was their swansong for many years until we saw their glorious return a few years back both as a live band as well as top of the range recording artists with their amazing ‘Out Of The Coma’ LP.
I’m extremely happy to announce the return of Comus to the main stage of the 013 venue in Tilburg and the Roadburn festival on Friday, April 11th. I’m salivating myself. I’ve witnessed them live once and I fucking cried! Happy tears, I might add! I simply cannot wait to experience the magic that is Comus again next year. Hope you’re just as excited as me.”
Roadburn Festival 2014 will run for four days from Thursday, April 10th to Sunday, April 13th 2014 at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands.




Goblin To Bring Legendary Horror Soundtracks To Mikael Åkerfeldt's Curated 2014 Roadburn Event

We're extremely excited to announce that Italy's horror soundtrack masters Goblin, led by Claudio Simonetti, have been confirmed for Mikael Åkerfeldt's curated 2014 Roadburn event on Friday, April 11th at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

”The legendary Italian masters led by the unmistakeable keyboard wizard Claudio Simonetti will grace us with their presence at Roadburn 2014”, says Mikael Åkerfeldt, ”How insane is that?”
”I don’t know how many pints of lager I’ve downed while air drumming to ‘Roller’. It’s been a constant tour party record for Opeth, but their discography as a whole is beyond impressive, almost intimidating. ‘Profondo Rosso’, ‘Zombi’, ‘Suspiria’, ‘Tenebre’ and the superfly ‘Squadra Antigangsters’ are just a few of their legendary soundtrack scores."
For me to be the instigator of having Goblin play alongside Opeth just makes me insanely chuffed. Would never have dreamed of this to happen, but it will. I can’t wait. I almost resent the fact that we have to play ourselves as I want to prepare myself mentally for the emotional outburst to come. This will be amazing! Trust me.”
Roadburn Festival 2014 will run for four days from Thursday, April 10th to Sunday, April 13th 2014 at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands.


Roadburn 2014 announcement 3 of 3...

Seminal Progressive Rock Pioneers Magma Confirmed For Mikael Åkerfeldt's Curated 2014 Roadburn Event

We're elated to announce that seminal progressive rock pioneers Magma have been confirmed for Mikael Åkerfeldt's curated 2014 Roadburn event on Friday, April 11th at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

”My ”arrogance” and ”cockyness” seems well documented these days, and while it’s not completely untrue I have a definite trust in Opeth’s musical delivery I have accepted stage-defeat countless times. Playing with Morbid Angel in 1996 and playing alongside Magma in 2013 comes to mind”, says Mikael Åkerfeldt.
”Magma’s music is such an exhausting emotional rollercoaster I can’t liken them to anything I’ve ever heard or seen before ever.
While the band takes the term jazz-rock to a new level, there’ so much more to the story. I’m not sure the band themselves are aware of how much ‘death metal’ they have in their music. It’s just downright evil sounding at times. Bizarre chord progressions, time signatures that make you vomit from confusion and an emotional musical delivery that puts virtually all other bands to shame.

Virtuosity disguised between thick layers of heavy rock and darkened jazz with the ghostlike chants of Stella Vander and company on top. It’s just amazing!

I will be out in the crowd watching them with you guys. Don’t come talk to me if I have a sinister look on my face because I’ll be in my Magma-trance-bubble. It could get nasty.”

Roadburn Festival 2014 will run for four days from Thursday, April 10th to Sunday, April 13th 2014 at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands.


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-