Wednesday, November 20, 2013

TESTAMENT: BASSIST GREG CHRISTIAN FORCED TO LEAVE TOUR

Bay Area, California thrash legends TESTAMENT have announced bassist  GREG CHRISTIAN has left the bands touring commitments (with LAMB OF GOD, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE and HUNTRESS) for "personal reasons" as EXODUS bassist JACK GIBSON will fill in for GREG CHRISTIAN.


TESTAMENT unleashed "DARK ROOTS OF THRASH" (LIVE- DVD 2 CD release) 10/18/2013 (EUROPEAN UNION), 10/21/2013 (UK) and 10/29/2013 (NORTH AMERICA) via NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS.

TESTAMENT unleashed "DARK ROOTS OF EARTH" 7/27/2012 via
NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS.

FROM GREG CHRISTIAN: (TESTAMENT):
"Might as well make a post since I've already gotten a ton of messages since yesterday. I'm fine. I just came home to be with my family - for reasons that that are private (as impossible as that is in my line of work) - but all is basically well - and I want to say a big "Thank You" to everyone that's been wishing me well - I absolutely appreciate all the support. Thank You and Cheers!!!"

To this he added: "... I've been so caught up in my own dramas that I didn't even thank Jack for covering for me - Thank You Jack - and I hope all's going well for you out there. And to everyone from LOG, KSE, and Huntress - bands and crews - that I didn't get a chance to say "goodbye" to - cheers, it was great and hopefully we'll see each other again sometime. Cheers!!!"


FROM JACK GIBSON: (EXODUS):
"It's an honor to be filling in for Greg. I've always thought he was one of the best MEtal bass players alive. TESTAMENT is already family. Gene is a god.

"This should be a lot of fun!"



LAMB OF GOD, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, TESTAMENT, HUNTRESS (*REMAINING FALL 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES):
Wed/Nov-20 Grand Rapids, MI @ Orbit Room
Fri/Nov-22 Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
Sat/Nov-23 Boston, MA @ House of Blues
Sun/Nov-24 Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
Mon/Nov-25 Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
Tue/Nov-26 Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore Silver Spring

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-