Thursday, August 21, 2014

SOUNDS ASYLUM (MUSIC VENUE) MIDDLETOWN, NY: CLOSING


According to ownership and management, SOUNDS ASYLUM, music venue in MIDDLETOWN, NY, are, for sure, CLOSING. 
SOUNDS ASYLUM music venue has featured local, regional, national and international acts in rock, hardcore, metal and punk. 




http://spak-individualthoughtpatterns.blogspot.com/2014/07/sounds-asylum-middletown-ny-music-venue.html







FROM SOUNDS ASYLUM (MIDDLETOWN, NY, MUSIC VENUE)

Hey, Bernadette, aka Mother Ruckus, here. There have been lots of rumors and confused stories, so I thought I'd set everyone straight. Yes, SOUNDS ASYLUM is closing. Sorry I haven't announced this sooner, but I've been trying to hold on as long as I could. Truth is, my doctors &; kids want me to rest cause of my health problems. On Christmas Eve, I was delivering the last of the holiday packages from our BENEFIT show to a family & was hit head on by a truck & then was side swept on the driver's side by a woman who didn't want to be detained by an accident. Great news is I walked away from it, bad news is I had to have triple neck fusion surgery & have been in alot of pain. Nothing I can't handle. However, since that accident, (but not related to it), I found out I have a brain tumor, I'm having seizures & I have a thoracic aortic aneurism &; a floppy aneurism. The brain stuff is messing with my memory and making me do things I don't remember & has made running the business pretty hard for me. I have finally realized that I have to let Sounds go. This is one of the hardest things I have ever done because I love everything about SOUNDS ASYLUM but most of all, I love the hundreds of fantastic people I have met on this journey. We opened with the idea of giving musicians a place to call their own. A safe place young people could go to play &/or listen to music. A place where first timers could get their start on a stage. We accomplished that and I think we did a damn good job!! We've tried our hardest to b there for all of u. I personally stayed on to keep it going. But times have changed. I just want u to know that I'm sorry I can't do it anymore, that I wish u all the best, that u can call me any time with any ?s or concerns, & most of all, that I love each and every one of u!! As always, STAY COOL!!

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-