Tuesday, September 2, 2014

ITP V.014 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. JIMI JAMISON (VOCALIST SURVIVOR)

NOT EXTREME METAL, HOWEVER THIS DUDE HAS BEEN IN SOME METAL BANDS AND HAD A GOOD SET A PIPES:               U.S. classic rock AOR/Adult Contemporary rockers SURVIVOR have sadly announced the passing of vocalist JIMI JAMISON whom died Monday 8/31/2014 of a heart attack at home in Memphis Tennessee at 63 .
SURVIVOR have cancelled the bands ARIZONA show.








JIMI JAMISON (SURVIVOR) was nearly selected as the vocalist of DEEP PURPLE as JAMISON performed with metal band COBRA and as a solo artist. JAMISON rejoined SURVIVOR in 2011.

In April of 2013, SURVIVOR announced both DAVID BICKLER and JIMI JAMISON would tour with SURVIVOR as the band's two most popular vocalists.

SURVIVOR unleashed "Reach" in 2006.

ITP V.014 EDITORS NOTE: A lot of ironies and reaction to JIMI JAMISON's death (I was watching Eddie Murphy's "Raw" a few days ago as he mentioned the Rocky movies, and late last night, a  late 50's early 60's woman (soccer mom?) came out of no where grieving about JIMI's death on the street. JIMI JAMISON is the second vocalist in a monopoly of quality vocalists for SURVIVOR, and while not a fan of the band, nor the faceless corporate, safe rock of the 80's, like STEVE PERRY (JOURNEY), JAMISON was a stellar clean vocalist that, let's face it we envy (yeh, we wish we could pull off clean vocals like that) with undeniable songwriting .
SURVIVOR scored a string of 80's top hits via soundtracks to boxing and martial arts movies (ROCKY, KARATE KID),



FROM SURVIVOR: The entire Survivor family is very shocked and saddened by the passing of our brother Jimi Jamison. Our thoughts, love and prayers go out to his family and friends.

FROM JEFF SCOTT SOTO: 
It is with a heavy heart I share the news of the loss of another colleague, friend and incredible singer Jimi Jamison who passed away yesterday from an apparent heart attack at the age of 63. I'm without words right now, every time I saw Jimi, he seemed healthier, stronger and singing better than ever!
Here is one of my favorite onstage moments with this gem of a human being, RIP my friend!
FROM KIP WINGER: 
R.I.P Jimi Jamison. A brilliant singer and a beautiful soul. We'll miss you Jimi. God Speed.

FROM LOVERBOY: 
Hello friends: It is with a heavy heart that I announce my good friend and fellow rocker Jimi
Jamison has passed away at the young age of 63. This one is especially hard for me as he was a brother to me and I loved him dearly. I am in shock right now as I'm sure many who knew Jimi are. We will miss his huge heart and beautiful smile, not to mention his awesome voice and great song writing talent. I'm gonna miss you buddy. We are all gonna miss you......Mike

FROM BRIAN MAY (QUEEN): 
RIP JIMI JAMISON - SURVIVOR
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l- 
R.I.P.