Saturday, November 1, 2014

ITP V.014 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. WAYNE STATIC (STATIC X)

According to many sources, WAYNE RICHARD WELLS (AKA WAYNE STATIC) has been found dead at 48. WAYNE STATIC was the vocalist of U.S. based industrial nu metal/hard rock warriors STATIC X.





Although the cause of  WAYNE STATIC's death is unconfirmed, WAYNE RICHARD WELLS death (AKA WAYNE STATIC) is strongly rumored to be of a drug overdose.

STATIC X unleashed "Beneath...Between...Beyond" 7/20/2004 via WARNER BROTHERS RECORDS.

WAYNE STATIC (SOLO) unleashed "Pighammer" 10/4/2011 via Dirthouse Records.

ITP V.014 EDITORS NOTE: While not a fan, ITP's author and friends ran into WAYNE at a NINE INCH NAILS show in NYC ( both as spectators @ MADISON SQUARE GARDEN) in 2000, as people cheered WAYNE. R.I.P.

FROM WAYNE STATIC (FACEBOOK):
Static-X Founder Wayne Static 
Passed Away At Age 48

November 1, 2014 - Platinum selling musician Wayne Richard Wells, better known as WAYNE STATIC, passed away at the age of 48.

WAYNE STATIC was the enigmatic former frontman and namesake of Static-X, who later forged a successful solo career. Wayne was scheduled to co-headline tours with Powerman 5000 and Drowning Pool over the next several months.

No additional information is available at this time.


FROM FEAR FACTORY: 
We would like to send out our condolences to the Wells family R.I.P. Wayne Static 
Keep Disco Evil


FROM DISTURBED: 
It is with a heavy heart that we say goodbye to our old friend Wayne Static. RIP.

FROM FULL METAL JACKIE: 
R.I.P. Wayne Static

FROM CEVIN KEY (SKINNY PUPPY): 
rip Wayne Static

FROM SHAVO ODADJIAN (SYSTEM OF A DOWN): 
REST IN PEACE BROTHER!! ‪#‎systemofadown‬ ‪#‎waynestatic‬


FROM JONATHAN DAVIS (KORN): 
Rest in peace Wayne I'm speechless right now I'm loosing to many of my friends I'll see you on the other side brother

FROM MAYHEM ROCK STAR ENERGY DRINK FESTIVAL: 
We Salute You Wayne Static, RIP.

FROM MICAH ELECTRIC (ELETRIC9): 
FUCK.....SAD NEWS.....
My friend Wayne Static has passed away.
So glad to have known him, recorded with him, toured with him, partied with him and had MANY real conversations with him. He was a good soul who chose the wrong path.
FROM ALL AXESS: 
Sad news to report. Our thoughts are with Wayne's family and friends at this time.

FROM BLACK CROWN INITIATE:  
R.I.P. Wayne Static. You were very cool to us, even though you didn't have to be.

FROM FILTER: 
Our condolences go out to the family, friends and fans of Wayne Static, lead singer and guitarist for Static-X who has passed away. May he rest in peace.

FROM EMMURE: 
R.I.P. Wayne Static.

FROM OTEP: 
Very sad to hear about the loss of Wayne Static. He was so sweet and talented. Our condolences to his family, friends, and fans. 
 OTEP


FROM CAUSTIC: 
Holy shit. Wayne Static, RIP.
Static-X's debut is one of my favorite albums. Goddamn it. That just sucks.

FROM GUTFUCKED: 
R.I.P. Wayne Static. 
Tony and I used to listen to Static-X a ton in high school.
Definitely shaped our early years getting into metal.
Truly a sad day for the metal community.
He will be missed.


FROM METAL SANAZ:  
Wayne static ... RIP. Very sad

FROM PANTERA: 
RIP Wayne Static. Another sad loss to the metal community.

FROM JOHNNY KELLY (DANZIG, TYPE O NEGATIVE, A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH, KILL DEVIL HILL): 
Very Sad to hear WAYNE STATIC passed away. Always A nice guy, gone to soon.

FROM BRIAN FAIR (SHADOWS FALL): 
Saddened by the news of Wayne Static's passing. Too many people I have toured with have been dying way too young. RIP.

FROM GRASPOP METAL MEETING:
RIP . We had the honour of having him and at GMM 2007 & 2009.

FROM SHAWN DROVER (MEGADETH): 
Sad to hear of passing. Way too young.......such a shame....
FROM EARACHE RECORDS: 
RIP see you on the other side man.

FROM DEVIN TOWNSEND:
Bummer about Wayne Static. =( Never met the guy. Really liked 'Machine' R.I.P
FROM OFFICIAL DIO:
Our thoughts and love go out to family, friends and fans of Wayne Static. You will be missed.
FROM STARLAND BALLROOM (NEW JERSEY, USA):
Sad to learn a friend of ours, Wayne Static, has passed away. Our thoughts are with his family & friends.

FROM SCOTT IAN (ANTHRAX) and DAVID DRAIMAN (DISTURBED):
…… : GOODBYE OLD FRIEND

FROM BILLY CORGAN (SMASHING PUMPKINS): 
I am shocked to hear that Wayne Wells (Wayne Static) has passed away. I played with him in his first band, Deep Blue Dream, in 1987/88

FROM DEAN GUITARS: 
We are saddened by the news last night that our friend and endorser Wayne Static has passed away.

FROM WORCESTER PALLADIUM (MUSIC VENUE, MASSACHUSETTS, USA) : 
Woke up to some very sad news. Wayne played so many shows here, made friends with everyone, stage crew, security, local bands, just everyone. Our deepest sympathies to his family, friends and fans.

FROM MASSCONCERTS: 
So sad to hear that Wayne Static has passed. The entire Massconcerts family would like to send it's condolences to Wayne's band mate, friends, family and to his fans.

FROM OZZFEST: 
Rest in Peace Wayne Static

FROM APOPTYGMA BERZERK: 
R.I.P. Wayne Static.

FROM VOICANS: 
Still shocked that Wayne Static has passed away  Just listened to "The Only" by Static-X this week. One of many songs that have inspired me. RIP

FROM DINKUS MAXIMUS: (ROAD MANAGER): 
At 5:19pm yesterday I received two back to back phone calls as my band prepared to take the stage at the Wiltern in Los Angeles, CA. The 1st call was from my long term touring partner of 9 yrs w/ Static-X, Bruce, followed by a call from Static's lighting tech, Brandon. At that moment without even hearing a word and with heavy heart, I knew that the call we'd all been dreading for the past 5 yrs was upon us: Wayne Static had left this earth and was no longer with us.

Needless to say I am both saddened and angry w/ this news. Wayne Wells was like a brother to me. I took care of him for 9 yrs working for Static-X. During that time I discovered my 1st true "touring family", something which is rare anymore in this business. Family I would have taken a bullet for. During those years I experienced some of the greatest moments of my life working w/ them.

June 2, 2009 I was the 1st of the crew to tender my resignation from Static-X knowing that Wayne Wells was lost. It was a sad time. Someone had destroyed my family, but regardless I will always have fond memories. I recall those days all the time telling stories of some of the best years of my life.

I will miss Wayne Wells, my long lost brother. This is not the way I wanted to see you find your way home, but we all must find our own path. Hopefully you find the serenity that you seemed to be missing and your internal struggle is no more.

"I still feel the cold
of long past days
i knew my worth
put in my place
it's no surprise
i realized some time before
december
sun shines through haze
i put my thoughts
toward future days
it's no surprise
i close my eyes
and close the door
feeling so old
years pass like days
fastly changing
so many ways
my eyes perceive
yes i believe in nothing more"



R.I.P. Wayne Static.

FROM CBGB's: 
RIP Wayne Static

FROM REX BROWN (KILL DEVIL HILL, DOWN, PANTERA): 
I'm so sorry to hear the news of Wayne Static's passing. Static-X opened for PANTERA several times 
back in the day & Wayne was always very to himself & a kind soul !! RIP Slim Jim !!


FROM COREY TAYLOR (SLIPKNOT, STONE SOUR): 
I am absolutely devastated to hear about Wayne Static's death. A good man and a good friend. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

FROM OZZY OSBOURNE: 
I'm very sad to hear of Wayne Static's passing. We spent a lot of time together on several Ozzfest tours. His passing is a tragic loss. My love to his family and friends.

FROM JACK OSBOURNE:
 RIP Wayne Static gone but definitely not forgotten.
FROM STEMM: 
RIP Wayne Static... You will be missed

FROM SALIVA: 
R.I.P Wayne Static.
You will be missed!


FROM LAMB OF GOD: 
Rest in Peace Wayne Static -

FROM MOTORHEAD:
We are very sad to hear of the passing of Wayne Static.

FROM EDDIE TRUNK: 
Didn't know Wayne Static personally but played some of the early Static X stuff on my 
FROM DINO CAZARES (FEAR FACTORY):
He's a true legend ,a great guy and killer song writer . 
It sucks to lose a friend to something that you wish you could've helped him for. I would like to send out my condolences to the Wells family 
R.I.P. Wayne Static 
Keep Disco Evil


FROM AARON LEWIS (STAIND):

My heart goes out to Wayne's family. He was my friend.Many shows and tours together. I'm stunned and shocked. RIP my dear friend
FROM GWAR: 
R.I.P. Wayne Static. Another one that hits too close to home.

FROM SOIL: 
We are beside ourselves with sadness right now.. Another legend lost. We will miss you brother

FROM DARREN LYNN BOUSMAN (VIDEO DIRECTOR): 
I was very sad to hear of the passing of Wayne Static from Static-X. For those of you who know my story, my VERY first professional directing job was a Static-X music video. At the time, I was a tape vault assistant at THE FIRM, a musical management company. I was sitting in a managers meeting helping them with AV when I heard from one of the managers that the director for the Static-X music video fell out, and they were unsure what to do. I raised my hand and said, "I'll do it." At this time, I had never directed ANYTHING... (outside of a couple of bad short films). The co-owner of The Firm laughed at me, then told me to meet him in his office after the meeting. There was a collective gasp from the room. I was SURELY being fired for talking out of place.

Instead, Jeff gave me Wayne's number and said, I'll give you a shot, call Wayne and figure it out.

One week later I was shooting the music video for "SO".

As fate would have it, I would reconnect with Static-X a few years later for the SAW III soundtrack.

Wayne, I thank you for allowing me a doorway in to doing what I love.

My thoughts go to his friends, fans, and family.

Darren

FROM NAZGUL AGENCY (BOOKING AGENCY): 

To one if my favourite front men, RIP.
FROM DAVE MUSTAINE (MEGADETH): 
I'm sorry to hear of Wayne Static's passing. My condolences go to his family, Static-X band members and fans.
FROM SUICIDE SILENCE: 
Honored to have gotten the chance to tour with Static-X back in 09. RIP Wayne.

FROM MINISTRY: 
R.I.P Wayne ....FUCK....it seems like I'm writing post like this every month or so.....safe travels to your next destination....earthlings will miss you! 
Uncle Al

FROM SWEET RELIEF MUSICIANS FUND: 
Saddened to hear about the passing of Wayne Richard Wells aka Wayne Static of Static-X. Our thoughts are with his family &close friends.


FROM ZEROS ROCK CLUB (CORPUS CHRISTI. TEXAS) : 
I'd like to express with extreme sadness that my favorite rock star in the world, that recently preformed at Zeros putting on the greatest show in its 28 year history died today. It seems like just yesterday, I was in the pit with my son Isaiah when he got his glasses smashed the day before final exams. I told him to tell his teachers that his dog ate them.

FROM TONY CAMPOS (STATIC X, MINISTRY, SOULFLY): 
I'm having a hard time finding the words to express how I feel right now, and it's taken me a long time to even try to write something. I knew Wayne for 15 years. Some of the best times of my life were with him. I considered him a good friend. It's sad, the way our friendship ended, but even more sad that we never got to settle things between us. Even though we were no longer friends the last five years, I held on to a sliver of hope that my old friend would come back. We were like family: Koichi FukudaNick OshiroErik FincherBruce ReiterBrandon WebsterDinkus MaximusRoyal Jensen; we all just wanted our old friend back. Sadly, that'll never happen. I feel so horrible for his parents and his brother and sisters. I can't even begin to imagine what they must be going through. My deepest condolences go out to them. All we can do now, is remember the good times we all shared. Rest in peace Wayne.

FROM KOICHI FUKUDA (STATIC X): 
I am still trying to process the sad fact that I’ve lost my dear old friend, Wayne Richard Wells.
He was an extra ordinary, one of a kind, very special person and also a very gifted artist with a clear vision.
On a personal level, he was a smart, kind, caring sweetheart and soft-spoken gentleman.
I really loved his dark, biting and sharp sense of humor.
We all shared so many great times and also some tough times together like we are “Family”.

It makes me so sad and angry at the same time that I’ll never have a chance to reconcile with him.
I thought the time is the only thing needed for all of us to realize what we had is something so special.
I was just waiting patiently for my old friend Wayne to come back and hoping someday we'll play music together again in a same room with a smile on our face and have fun like old times.
I'll miss that special chemistry between the four of us forever.
My heart is breaking for his parents Richard and Darlene Wells and also his brother and sisters. They are the sweetest people I know. My deepest condolences go out to them.
Rest in Peace, Wayne. Thank you for everything. You will be missed by so many people including me.



Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l- R.I.P WAYNE STATIC