Friday, November 14, 2014

WORSHIP: ISSUE STUDIO UPDATE

German funeral doom legends WORSHIP have sent this new release update as the band are just about done with the writing process and set to go into the studio to record a new release.






WORSHIP unleashed  "TERRANEAN WAKE" 10/28/2012 VIA WEIRD TRUTH PRODUCTIONS.




ITP V.012 REVIEW: WORSHIP: "TERRANEAN WAKE":
http://spak-individualthoughtpatterns.blogspot.com/2012/12/itp-v012-review-worship-terranean-wake.html






FROM WORSHIP:
Yesterday, I had to take a long bus ride. For the first time, I was able to let the new album run in my head all the way through. Normally, I get stopped by little problems I still have with the songs, thinking about how to solve this or that. "Here is a part missing." "Ok, do we go to this part now or back to that one?" "Mhm, is this part good enough?" This time: first smooth run.

I arrived in a good mood, enriched by something. The plans are complete, and the album is ......

- we also enter one of those weird stages of every longer creative process: You desperately want to share it, talk about it, discuss it, but it's not really possible. I can't show you anything. And talking about it leads nowhere. Either I hype up your expectations, or I make you angry about the long wait ahead. Or I rant on and on about little details that are not relevant to anyone but me. Like discussing the finale to a series that none of your friends know about. It's like an insider joke nobody gets. Like burning bushes just talked to you, like you found a wonderful drug, want to share it with the world, but you can't, because you would get arrested or put into rehab.

Maybe a bit overdramatic. But: The plans are complete, and the album is [you will see], now all we have left to do is all the work.

Writing a new Worship album is one of the only things in my life that are reliably enjoyable. About 1995, I technically started that process for the first time (starting work on Whispering Gloom). Everything has changed since then, all kinds of moods, situations, jobs, outlooks came and went, but to tap into that feeling, to build huge buildings out of nothing, to polish and polish again massive songs in my head for months and years - still fascinates me. The last two days, while working on other stuff, composing other stuff, I had to jump up and play the new part about 5 times per day. Even the last part written for the album manages to rekindle that mysterious excitement I feel so often with Worship, when things fall into place, and there was song.

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-