Monday, March 16, 2015

ITP V.015 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. MIKE PORCARO (TOTO)

MIKE PORCARO, original bassist for U.S. classic rock legends TOTO has sadly passed away from LOU GEHRIG'S (ALS) disease at 59.



TOTO's 1982 release "IV" scored a string of huge hit singles as all of the musicians in the band are legendary seasoned session players.

http://www.rollingstone.com/…/toto-bassist-mike-porcaro-dea…

TOTO are set to release "XIV", due to be unleashed 3/20/2015 (EUROPE) and 3/23/2015 (NORTH AMERICA/UK) via FRONTIERS RECORDS.

ITP V.015 EDITORS NOTE:
While a non metal band and considered corporate rock, I really dug TOTO, great songs, awesome musicianship and really catchy vocals that are STILL, to this day stuck in my head. I've heard various bands cover TOTO's classic "Africa" in  genres as diverse as punk rock. The Porcaro brothers were awesome talents. All of the musicians in that band were super talented, and you've heard them all before in various projects as session musicians. R.I.P. Mike Porcaro. 


FROM TOTO: 

My brother Mike Porcaro is now at peace. I will miss him more than I could ever put into words. My deepest love to the family. God bless - Steve Lukather

FROM KIP WINGER (WINGER):
RIP Mike Porcaro. Thanks for the great music..

FROM NON POINT: 

RIP Mike Porcaro. His work with TOTO was legendary.

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-