Sunday, October 18, 2015

ITP V.015 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. FRANK WATKINS ( BASSIST-GORGOROTH-FORMER BASSIST FOR OBITUARY)


FRANK WATKINS, former bassist for Florida death metal warriors OBITUARY and most recently Norwegian black metal warriors GORGOROTH has passed away at 47 from cancer.
WATKINS played bass,  recorded and performed with OBITUARY 1989-1997 and 2003-2010.
FRANK WATKINS was recently the bassist for Norwegian black metal warriors GORGOROTH.




GORGOROTH unleashed "Instinctus Bestialis",  6/8/2015 via SOULSELLER RECORDS.   

 FROM GORGOROTH:
Rest in peace Frank Watkins (19.02.1968-18.10.2015). He will be missed.


FROM OBITUARY:
Just got the very sad news that Frank passed away this morning. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family....

FROM DAVID INCOGNITO: (DYING EYES OF SLOTH):
This is what frank Watkins had to say about our band Dying Eyes Of Sloth “My quote for Dying eyes of Sloth: Brutal in you're face Death Metal done just the way I like it...FUCKING HEAVY! ”
Frank Watkins / bassist Obituary , Gorgoroth
With that being said from all of us at sloth . Thank you frank
You will be missed


FROM MARK HOWITT:
RIP Frank \m/

FROM GWAR: 

RIP

 FROM BROKEN HOPE:
REMEMBERING FRANK WATKINS
An old and dear friend of mine died today, his name was FRANK WATKINS. To metal fans, Frank doesn't need an introduction. He played bass in both @OBITUARY and @GORGOROTH, and also managed and guided numerous bands and musicians with his Back From the Dead Productions.
I first met Frank through ex-Suffocation bassist, Josh Barohn who gave me Frank's number in 1989 and mentioned that Frank was looking for new bands for a new label called, "Century Media Records." The first Broken Hope demo had just come out and I was eager to get signed. I spoke to Frank on the phone and he was happy to help me--a kid who worshipped Obituary and who he didn't even know. Frank asked me to send him our demo and promo=pack, and he'd forward it on to his friend, the great Robert Kampf--who Frank has ALWAYS spoken so highly of since since DAY 1.
Even though it took almost 25 years, Broken Hope finally signed to Century Media (hahaha!), and Frank was still here, giving me solid advice. When Broken Hope returned from hiatus, Frank was there to help BH out and did a world of good for us these last few years.
If it wasn't for Frank, I might not have become friends with the rest of the Obituary boys, all of whom are close friends of mine. I also wouldn't have many of the experiences in death-metal-land if it wasn't for him.
Over the many years Frank and I were friends, he helped me get shows, brokered deals, and turned me on to music I never cared about until HE recommended it: Sade, Cypress Hill, and numerous hardcore bands. In return, I got him a couple endorsements, hooked him up with bass gear, gave him advice when he needed it. There's so many experiences we had together and amazing things he did for so many people, I could use up reams of paper writing about it all...
Aside from all these nice things we did for each other, the most important thing was our friendship...all the laughs, experiences we shared--together or in our own worlds--the mutual things we enjoyed, and being there for each other in good times and hard times no matter what.
I comforted Frank as best as I could as a friend who was watching his friend battle a horrible disease--staying strong and encouraging for Frank while my heart broke seeing what his family was going through, and hearing his concern not for himself, but for his boys and his amazing wife. Though it all, Frank stayed STRONG and kept death away with a solid, "FUCK YOU!" over and over again. Frank was braver than anyone I've ever seen.
FUCK CANCER.

The last time I saw Frank he was on stage last year with Gorgoroth at Hellfest France, and he was kicking ass and living his life to it's fullest.
Frank and I never hesitated to say, "I Love You, Bro," when we were going to hang up the phone, and for that, I'm really happy and I suggest everyone tells someone they care about that they "love them," because life is too short not to.
I send my condolences and love to Frank's wife and 2 sons and his whole family.
Frank, I'll never forget you, I love you, and it's been a blessing to call you my good friend.
Until we meet again,THANK YOU, FRANK! I wish you safe travels to the other side, we WILL write that book together for readers in the afterlife, and have Agnostic Front and your bass rig waiting to jam when I get there!
Jeremy Wagner -- 10/18/2015
*Here's a few out of the many photos of Frank and me.

FROM DUFFS (BAR) BROOKLYN, NEW YORK: 

Bummer... did not know he was sick. We had a couple racous after parties with Obituary over the years, Frank was a good dude. R.I.P.


FROM FEAR FACTORY:
Rest in Peace Frank Watkins(Obituary/Gorgoroth) 2/19/1968-10/18/2015 Thanx for taking Fear Factory on our first full American tour in 1993. You will truly be missed. Our condolences go out to his family .
FUCK CANCER !!!


FROM JUNGLE ROT: 

We are extremely saddened to learn of the passing of Frank Watkins today. Frank was a great guy as anyone can tell you. He will be sorely missed and our condolences go out to his friends and family. Rest in peace, Frank. 

FROM KREATOR: 
 
R.I. P. Frank Watkins
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-