Monday, January 11, 2016

ITP V.016 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. DAVID BOWIE





Media reports that rock and avant garde icon DAVID BOWIE has passed away to liver cancer at 69.
 MORE TRIBUTES TO COME.








DAVID BOWIE released his anticipated new offering "BLACKSTAR", 1/8/2016 via RCA/COLUMBIA.







FROM DAVID BOWIE (FACEBOOK):
 January 10 2016 - David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief.


ITP V.016  EDITORS NOTE: I heard BOWIE was sick, but I thought he would pull through . Also BOWIE has lived here in the Hudson Valley Area of New York. DAVID BOWIE is legend, ZIGGY STARDUST, we love you!!! You were hawt, enough to make me straight.  



FROM KMFDM

R.I.P. David Bowie, you inspired me more than i can express
K.

FROM DAVE LOMBARDO

So sad, another fallen icon. Artist, poet, vocalist... Brilliantly odd and oddly brilliant. David Bowie RIP
An inspiration to the creative.

FROM BROKEN HOPE:  


BROKEN HOPE salutes Bowie for his body-of-work, his universal influence, and for his unwavering drive that kept breaking new ground until his untimely death at 69.
DEATH METAL is a genre of "rebels," and Bowie didn't need to be a metalhead to help pave the way for us all.
Rest well, David, and thanks for the amazing music and art you gave us to the very end.


FROM SEASON OF MIST

Our company slogan has been for over a decade : "Independent in sound and vision". You've seen that in our DVDs, websites, etc.
It's time to pay our dues to the person who inspired that sentence :\

FROM COSTIN C.

I just wanted to share this few days ago because I got shocked by the immense quality of this video and song. Best video I've seen in long time...but I was here with some great friends from Germany and being busy I simply forgot. Now, I just check my newsfeed and I found out the great David Bowie died. Probably the last pop artist which could create ART and still being promoted on the biggest media, just left us. We are loosing.


FROM ROCK IN VIENNA: 

Born of Stardust, to return to Stardust, rest peacefully with the Ancestors, surrounded by all the Love that is..., . And we're all just PASSENGERS!


FROM ROCKSLIDE FESTIVAL:

R.I.P. David Bowie
Here's a short clip from when he visited Roskilde Festival back in 1996.
 FROM KATE BUSH: 

We are all in complete shock here as we type these words: RIP David Bowie. Our sincerest condolences to his wife, children, family and friends. It's very hard to know what else to say right now...

FROM REIGNWOLF: 

"He was a million things but always himself" RIP ‪#‎DavidBowie‬

FROM FUN, FUN, FUN FEST:

Such sad news. RIP Bowie. We love and miss you already.


FROM GOROD: 

A true genius and an other legend has left us... 2016.... we think it's way enough...
RIP Mister Bowie.


FROM OTEP:

"Ground Control to Major Tom..." 💔 RIP David Bowie


FROM HELL AND HEAVEN FEST: 

Maybe he doesn't have a lot to do with the genre, but David Bowie has lost the battle against cancer after 18 months of treatments... Another big one is going to leave us. Rip David Bowie.

FROM PATRICIA THOMAS: 

I never met him, but of the handful of musicians who had a huge impact on me, he was top of the list. I remember walking around wearing the rolled up trousers and the sparkly tights and the high platforms and the makeup and having people stare and comment, and not giving a rat's ass because Bowie did it, and he made it ok to be whatever the hell you wanted to be - something that stayed with me forever. I had the pleasure of seeing him live several times, back in the Ziggy Stardust days, once with my sister Shirley Baxter, who at that time was very young, and, as she said today, it's a memory we can treasure. I was shocked when his guitarist Mick Ronson died over twenty years ago now, and way too early. Today's news hit me harder than I would have imagined and I guess is indicative of just how important Bowie was to me as a musician and as a life-shaper. I'm probably doing what I do today partly because of him. I chose this video because this was always one of my favourite songs and also features Ronson. What else can I say except thank you for being you David Bowie

FROM DECEMBER NOIR: 
 monday mo(u)rning...the next hero is gone...RIP David...

FROM SOLSTAFIR: 

What an influence. RIP.

FROM MICHAEL AMOTT: 

Words like "genius" and "visionary" are often thrown around in the music business. This man actually was that and much more. Probably my favourite artist ever has left us. Thank you David Bowie for creating art that has inspired and entertained myself and millions of others. ‪#‎davidbowie‬

FROM NAPALM RECORDS: 

Sad to see another legend go. R.I.P. David Bowie.

FROM IN FLAMES: 

Ground control to Major Tom, we've got another one arriving shortly. RIP Bowie.

FROM SHAWN SHANNON: 

Alright Universe, first Lemmy now Bowie? At least Lemmy just got home from tour so he got to go still in the saddle. You're aware that since we have the large hadron collider we can play that take away shit other people like too so you might want to back off with that. On to the next , Mr. Bowie.

 FROM PROFOUND LORE RECORDS: 

"Check ignition and may God's love be with you"
RIP Starman. 

FROM TONY VISCONTI (PRODUCER): 

He always did what he wanted to do. And he wanted to do it his way and he wanted to do it the best way. His death was no different from his life - a work of Art. He made Blackstar for us, his parting gift. I knew for a year this was the way it would be. I wasn't, however, prepared for it. He was an extraordinary man, full of love and life. He will always be with us. For now, it is appropriate to cry.

FROM GENE SIMMONS (KISS): 

Sad to say, Davie Bowie has passed.
Condolences to the Bowie family.
Bowie’s “Changes” and the entire Ziggy story songs were a major musical influence for me.
He will be sorely missed.

FROM AUTOPSY:

RIP Lem and now Bowie. More whiskey

FROM MORGOTH: 

Another Hero left the stage forever. This is very sad news. Rest in peace David Bowie! 


FROM  OZZY OSBOURNE: 

I just can't believe it. I am in total shock about David Bowie's passing. It's crazy. Never in a million years did I think that we would lose such an amazing guy so young.
I guess I thought he would live forever. I'm at a loss for words right now. Wow.

FROM COREY TAYLOR (SLIPKNOT): 

Bowie.
Fuck...
Never be another like you.


FROM MARILYN MANSON: 

My first introduction to David Bowie, was watching "Ashes to Ashes" on MTV. I was confused and captivated.
But it wasn't until my first real stay in Los Angeles, around 1997, that someone told me to take a moment to listen to something other than Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane and Hunky Dory. So I went for a dizzying car ride through the Hollywood Hills and listened to "Diamond Dogs."
All of my nostalgia, instantly turned to awe. I was hearing him sing about fiction as a mask to show his naked soul. This changed my life forever.
Every song of his was a way for me to communicate to others. It was a sedative. An arousal. A love letter I could never have written.
It has become and remains a soundtrack to a movie he painted with his voice and guitar.
He sang, "Hope, it's a cheap thing."
I don't need hope to know that he has found his way to the place that equals his untouchable, chameleon-genius beauty. The black star in space, that only HE belongs.
This crushing moment of fear and loss can only be treated the way his music has affected everyone who was fortunate enough to hear and love it.
Let's NEVER let go of what he gave us.
Marilyn Manson

FROM BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN: 

Over here on E Street, we’re feeling the great loss of David Bowie. David was a visionary artist and an early supporter of our music. Always changing and ahead of the curve, he was an artist whose excellence you aspired to. He will be sorely missed.
- Bruce

FROM  MINISTRY: 

Another legend lost....we seem to be losing a lot of them this year ...the world has gotten a little less cool with his passing.....Bon voyage....I hope you bring as much happiness in your next mission as you did in this one.....RIP
http://www.cnn.com/20…/…/11/entertainment/david-bowie-death/

 FROM CAUSTIC: 

Reading all of the heartfelt tributes to David Bowie made me realize one incredible thing about the man-- how massively, almost frighteningly influential he was in so many musician's (re: people's) lives. Whether electronic or rock or hip-hop, Bowie's touch was there. He leaves behind decades of awe inspiring albums, benchmarks of experimentation and pop excellence, and has provided more happiness and, for lack of a better term, acceptance, than almost any artist I can think of.
David Bowie was a freak-- a gorgeous, elegant freak. His music, style, and straight up uncompromising guts as an artist made, I think, that freak in all of us feel a little better. It was okay to be different. It was okay to be misunderstood. It was okay to stand out.
And not only was it okay-- It made us beautiful.
I covered David Bowie for the special edition of my last album. I didn't do it to try and trump his version, as I don't think many artists cover another to try and "beat" the original version. I wanted to pay tribute to the man, and do it with a song (I'm Afraid of Americans) that meant a lot to me and, honestly, a song I thought I would embarrass myself the least by covering. I'm no David Bowie. I hardly make it past the "D" in his first name. Still, I wanted to honor what he meant to me in that small way. I'm glad I did.
I remember Bowie saying he'd change every song he wrote if he could. I always thought that was a meaningful statement, because in all the adulation and idolatry of Bowie, he knew his art wasn't perfect, even if it was to the millions of us who grew up on and cherished it. That pushed me to take more chances with my own art, and to try and pursue it as freely and without ego or self-consciousness as possible. Bowie's music always felt like it flowed effortlessly, but that's the mark of a genius; he made it look easy.
David Bowie took on so many forms in his life. He ends it as a blackstar.
R.I.P., David Bowie. Thank you for the light you left us.

FROM PAUL MCCARTNEY: 

Paul McCartney has issued a heartfelt statement on the death of rock icon David Bowie. "David was a great star, and I treasure the moments we had together," he shared.

FROM  LIVING COLOUR:

#‎RIP‬ ‪#‎DavidBowie‬
The sheer enormity of his influence. What he risked. What he created. The songs. How he remade the landscape of art ~ Vernon Reid

We used to throw Rebel Rebel into the set back in the day. ‪#‎LivingColour‬ ‪#‎HollywoodRock‬ https://instagram.com/p/BAZ2nEUsLQ6/

FROM CBGB's: 

RIP to a true legend. ‪#‎DavidBowie‬. Pictured here with Joey and Dee Dee Ramone in 1978. Photo by Bob Gruen. David Bowie

FROM EXHUMER: 

It is a sad time and almost incomprehensible to lose these two legends in such a short time....
Thank you Mr. Bowie and Mr. Kilmister for the journeys you took us on.... ‪#‎davidbowie‬ ‪#‎lemmykilmister‬ ‪#‎legends‬ ‪#‎rip‬


FROM THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN: 

We will never forget how fortunate we were to have Mike Garson (Bowie's Secret Weapon) perform on our album "Option Paralysis." His stories about working with Bowie and how it helped shape his playing were inspirational to say the least. The ultimate Smasher of the past and paradigm for the future! RIP master Bowie.

FROM  LEVON HELM ESTATE: 

Rest with the best, Mr. Bowie...


FROM  THE CHANCE THEATER: 

Another sad day in Music.. Rest In Peace Sir David Bowie!
What are some your favorite Bowie tunes? ‪#‎ripdavidbowie‬ ‪#‎ripbowie‬

 Rest in Peace Mr David Bowie. You were a kind gentle soul when you graced the stage. One of the nicest musicians we have ever met. I remember you chatting with Joe Bar, Frank, and Carolyn, with your beautiful wife. You were a humble soul. God bless you, a beautiful angel now.

FROM THE POUGHKEEPSIE JOURNAL:  
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/news/

FROM GEEZER BUTLER (BLACK SABBATH): 

Bowie - R.I.P.

 FROM MOONSPELL: 

"My death waits like an old roue'
So confident, I'll go his way
Whistle to him and the passing time

My death waits like a Bible truth
At the funeral of my youth
Are we proud for that and the passing time?

My death waits like a witch at night
As surely as our love is right
Let's not think about the passing time

But whatever lies behind the door
There is nothing much to do
Angel or devil, I don't care
For in front of that door there is you (...)"

Can't believe we are writing obituaries all the time. RIP Bowie, the world lost your colors.
This is isn't good. We aren't going anywhere.
‪#‎davidbowieisdead‬


FROM THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER: 

RIP M8


FROM JONAS (APOPTYGMA BERZERK):

Unbelievable.
R.I.P., Mr. Bowie, a true genius, legend, and pioneer.
Jonas Groth
·
I'm deeply saddened by the news of David Bowie passing away. Hunky Dory is one of my favorite albums, and the artist David Bowie will forever stand as one of the biggest stars in my mind. I hope he was content, and that he was at peace with everything.
Thank you for all you were and all you gave.

Let there be love...


FROM  ENSLAVED: 

The Thin White Duke has left the station! Thanks for decades of inspiration, innovation and pure genuis, David Bowie!


FROM  GEORGE TAKEI: 

A legend has passed. David Bowie was a pioneer and artist who gave the world so much of his energies and talent. Reading this reminds me of how much he contributed. "Ziggy" returns truly now to the Stardust, where he will shine on forever.


FROM ZAKK WYLDE: 

GOD BLESS DAVID BOWIE - 1947 - 2O16 - tBLSt SDMF tDBt

FROM MIKE MCREADY (MAD SEASON, PEARL JAM): 

Thank you, David Bowie, for making music interesting, flamboyant, important, redefining, rocking, preening, freeing, soul searching, exploratory and beautiful! You live on in your own "Space Odyssey" & forever in our hearts. You made the world a better place to live in and that is the highest honor!
RIP David Bowie.
-Mike McCready

FROM HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM NYC, NEW YORK: 

Incredibly saddened by the news this morning, RIP to the legend David Bowie. We here at The Manhattan Center were lucky enough to have David grace our stage for his final live performance in 2006 at The Black Ball. You will be missed. http://radio.com/…/watch-david-bowies-final-public-perform…/


FROM SHARON OSBOURNE: 

So you wake up today to the news that David Bowie has died. What is going on? The beloved Natalie Cole, now David Bowie. It makes you revisit your own mortality, and makes you realize how fragile life is. Natalie’s memorial is today. Much love and respect to Natalie’s family and friends. May she rest in peace. David Bowie was a true artist in every sense of the word. A private man, he never sought the limelight. He was the limelight. Not only did he influence his fans, but fellow musicians in every genre of music. Respect and love to his family.


FROM MASSIVE ATTACK: 

Immortal unbelievable
A gentleman and a hero
RIP 



FROM  JORDAN RUDESS (DREAM THEATER): 

There are things in this world that words can't describe. Pieces of the heart and soul that words can't elaborate well enough. When you have the ability to channel those things you can't find the words to say, you have something like this.
Ladies and gentleman, Jordan Rudess playing Space Oddity this morning as a heartfelt tribute to David Bowie.
Pure and absolute transcendental magic.

FROM THE ELECTRIC FACTORY: 

Goodbye Ziggy Stardust

FROM RUSH: 

Woke up to the news of David Bowie leaving this world. Crushed is the right word. He was a monumental artist...immortal. We used to play Suffragette City in our bar days...RIP David Bowie


FROM HRC: 

HRC Mourns the Loss of Icon &  Advocate David Bowie
Read more: http://www.hrc.org/…/hrc-mourns-the-loss-of-icon-advocate-d…

FROM RIOT FEST: 
RIP David Bowie. This is the worst. My heroes need to stop dying. The world will never be the same.

FROM KISS: 

RIP David Bowie
An artist and pioneer in every sense. Long live Ziggy Stardust and the Thin White Duke. Thank you. - Paul Stanley
You will be sorely missed. Bowie's “Changes” and the Ziggy story songs were a major influence for me. - Gene Simmons
David Bowie, his music impacted us all, a hero to generations of fans. - Tommy Thayer
You influenced and inspired... - Eric Singer

FROM KRAKOW: 

Rest in peace David Bowie, thank you for the music!


FROM IAN WEBBER: 

If there’s one thing to take away from this weekend, it’s this: you should never forget the wondrous legacies that your favorite band or artist leaves behind.
RIP David Bowie. As he departed from this planet, his pledge and fearlessness for a final piece of art, and only then feeling ready to spread his talents somewhere else in the omniverse will be remembered long after our lifetime... long live the Goblin King! 

FROM ORANGE GOBLIN: 

R.I.P David Bowie
Thank you for the music.

FROM OPETH: 

At the time of hearing the news of Ian ”Lemmy” Kilmister’s passing on the early morning of the 28th of December I felt a familiar feeling deep inside. That of losing someone really close. Someone who’s been present in your life for its whole duration. It’s a very strange feeling that you can be so attached to someone you don’t even know, and I didn’t know Lemmy at all. I’ve met him on a couple of occasions. I remember calling him ”Ian” as I’d had a few beers and wanted to come off as someone that possessed a little bit of a deeper knowledge of him than the aggressive selfie-hunters. Obviously I failed miserably and I don’t think he liked me very much, and he didn’t want to be called ”Ian” at all. He’s ”Lemmy” and that’s that. So on the subsequent ”meetings” I resorted to a respectful nod and perhaps a feeble sounding ”Hi!”.
I saw/shared a bill with Motörhead many times, and I’m very happy I managed to catch their final headlining show here in Stockholm on December 4th. The place was packed. At a legendary venue for metal in my hometown. Hovet. There’s a special feeling in the air. As usual it was a celebration of heavy music as well as that of Motörhead, Saxon and Girlschool who were on tour together. But I also think a lot of people at the event knew that it’s possibly the last time they’d be able to see Motörhead. At least on a headlining tour. It was quite magical I have to say. There’s a profound feeling of respect in the air throughout the evening. I can’t recall any previous show I’ve ever been to that had that same vibe, or even similar.
In closing, just like hundreds of thousands of people around the world, I want to offer our deepest condolences to his family, to Mikkey and Phil as well as to the Motörhead crew, many of which are friends of ours.
Oh, I’d also like to take this opportunity to recommend the Sam Gopal record from 1969, ”Escalator”. Lemmy is singing beautifully on this one. I was very surprised to hear him singing without his trademark rasp. However, I know most people, myself included, will try and find solace in the ever-enduring Motörhead and Hawkwind catalogue. He was someone really special. One of the last ”big” personalities in the scene.
We will cherish the memory of Lemmy and his music forever.
Mikael on behalf of Opeth
And….
Today I was reached by the news of David Bowie’s passing. He was such an important artist for Opeth. Many of you might find that hard to believe, but that’s how it is. It’s with terrible sadness we have to accept that he’s gone. He made some absolutely incredible music and I still frequent his discography on a regular
basis.

When I was a young heavy metal kid I remember I made wish-list for my birthday. I wanted a heavy metal back patch for my jacket. Sure enough I got a soft, flat wrapped up gift that indeed looked like it would include some cool metal patch. I eagerly tore it open only to find that the back patch had a print of, not Iron Maiden or the Scorpions, but of David Bowie’s “Let’s dance” record. I was a massive fan of that record but I wanted to look like a heavy metal fan, so I was slightly disappointed, and the patch never ended up on my jacket.
Since then I’ve fallen in love with his records. From “Space oddity” to “Hunky dory” and “The man who sold the world”. There are so many classics. Far too many to mention, really.
Bowie was a pioneer as far as I’m concerned. He never did was what expected of him, and he often changed his musical direction to almost the complete opposite to what he’d done previously. That’s something I admire. Artists who seem unable to play it safe and just deliver what’s expected of them. Artists who explore the world of music, and push their own boundaries as individual musicians. There’s quite a few of them about still, but in Bowie we certainly lost one of the very best.
And I still love “Let’s dance”, even if I certainly can’t dance myself.


David Bowie, rest in peace.


FROM BEARSVILLE THEATER, NEW YORK: 

RIP David Bowie. Thanks...for everything.

FROM ALISSA-WHITE GLUZ (ARCH ENEMY): 

Well this sucks. Fuck!!! I really thought he was immortal... RIP cry emoticon thank you for the music, culture, style and stories, ‪#‎davidbowie‬ ! GIF by Helen Green


FROM THE MELVINS: 
 Very sad day for us. We're big fans of the man! All those great records were a huge inspiration and influence on the Melvins! We even tried to take on this beast of a song! RIP David Bowie

FROM METAL DAYS: 

"When you're sad just remember that the World is about 4.5 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie."

FROM PROGPOWER USA:

Rest in Peace David Bowie. Another legend gone. One of the best covers of his songs by our friends in Pagan's Mind

FROM DRACONIAN:

Each year globally, about 14 million people learn they have cancer and 8 million people die from the disease. The legends, our heroes and saviors are not immune. We realize they are people like us, and the taste of reality gets bitter, yet sweet when we think back on these amazing souls who shared their art and passion with the world, gave us everything they had, and then some, for decades. Fan or no fan, they deserve our undying reverence and admiration.
Rest in peace, Lemmy Kilminster and David Bowie. The stars are now in your hands.
/ The Draconian Horde and management


FROM MADONNA:
I'm devastated.
David Bowie changed the course of my life forever. I never felt like I fit in growing up in Michigan. Like an oddball or a freak. I went to see him in concert at Cobo Arena in Detroit. It was the first concert I'd ever been too. I snuck out of the house with my girlfriend wearing a cape.
We got caught after and I was grounded for the summer. I didn't care.
I already had many of his records and was so inspired by the way he played with gender confusion .
Was both masculine and feminine.
Funny and serious.
Clever and wise.
His lyrics were witty ironic and mysterious.
At the time he was the thin white Duke and he had mime artists on stage with him and very specific choreography
And I saw how he created a persona and used different art forms within the arena of rock and Roll to create entertainment.
I found him so inspiring and innovative.
Unique and provocative. A real Genius.
his music was always inspiring but seeing him live set me off on a journey that for me I hope will never end.
His photographs are hanging all over my house today.
He was so chic and beautiful and elegant.
So ahead of his time.
Thank you David Bowie.
I owe you a lot. .
The world will miss you.
Love
M


FROM DUFF'S BROOKYLN, NYC, NEW YORK: 
Although this page exists to bring you mostly METAL, we are first and foremost, fans of music. All kinds. It would be remiss of us not to acknowledge the passing of a unique musical genius, David Bowie. R.I.P. ‪#‎davidbowie‬ ‪#‎heros‬ ‪#‎rip‬ ‪#‎genius‬ ‪#‎thanks‬ ‪#‎axlrose‬


FROM GWAR: 

Part Alien, part human. Entirely cool. ‪#‎GWAR‬ can definitely relate to ‪#‎DavidBowie‬. Safe travels.

FROM CHUCK D (PUBLIC ENEMY): 

Chuck D on David Bowie: "..daring as all hell.- Rock.....punk....theatre.....funk..disco ....EDM-dude wasn't afraid of any genre"


FROM R.E.M.: 

DAVID BOWIE
Right now, it feels as if the solar system
is off its axis, as if one of our
main planetary anchors has
lost it’s orbit. That said—I am
certain that wherever Bowie is
now—I want to be there someday.

—Michael Stipe

FROM THE WHO: 
 http://thewho.com/david-bowie/

FROM JOHN DENSMORE (THE DOORS): 

"The extremely talented Spiderman has gone back to Mars... may he rest in space." ‪#‎DavidBowie‬

FROM O + FESTIVAL: 
O+ volunteer Gail Ann Dorsey, David Bowie's longtime bass player, spoke to Rolling Stone about her collaboration and friendship with the late artist: http://www.rollingstone.com/…/david-bowie-bassist-gail-ann-…

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-