Thursday, August 11, 2005

Metalcore FAD dying?

Soo, is that metal core fad dying? Are the cluttered market of generic At The Gates, Gothenbore (Gothenburg Sweden) rippoffs/clones dying off?. Even As I Lay SHITTING ( I mean As I Lay Dying) seem to think so. One request from us extreme metal heads: As metal core hits it's peak, on your way down, could you take the nu metal, rap, core, and bad club music, EMO, "N Synch or N Suck trend with you. Thanks a million. Exit, "metal core"...

FROM BLABERMOUTH.NET. Vocalist Says Metalcore Fad Is Fading - Aug. 10, 2005 AS I LAY DYING vocalist Tim Lambesis recently told the Great Falls Tribune that the sub-genre of metalcore is nearing its expiration.

"I think metal core is a trend right now and so it's easy to write a metal core record," Lambesis said.

"I think it's pretty much at its peak right now. It'll get a little bigger this summer. Sounds of the Underground is going out. Ozzfest is going out. Those are both big tours that feature a lot of metal core bands. Those will, I think, bring it to its peak and then from there, it'll be up to each band individually to survive the trend."

Lambesis hopes fans see AS I LAY DYING's new album, "Shadows Are Security", more as a classic metal album than just another metalcore production.

"I think a timeless metal record is one that has very precise guitar work," Lambesis said. "Very fast and energetic drumming. It doesn't have a token breakdown for the sake of having a token breakdown. Every part of the song makes sense as an actual part of a song and not just a breakdown or a dance part for kids to mosh to."

In addition to his vocal duties and songwriting responsibilities, Lambesis also produces the AS I LAY DYING records and has branched out to produce records for other bands, most recently, SWORN ENEMY.

"I really enjoy producing our stuff and I really think that people who've heard the new record really like the production of it," he said. "The producer has the overall vision. A lot of bands write great individual parts, but when it comes to putting songs together, the producer makes them do actual songs. It's pretty easy when you listen to a lot of metal CDs to hear great riffs and great individual parts, but very few metal bands actually make great songs."

Read the entire interview at GreatFallsTribune.com.

Thanks-Tee-Stay Metal-Stay Brootal- \m/ -l-