Wednesday, January 30, 2008

BLOODBATH announce new vocalist: Mike Akerfeldt of OPETH: New OPETH CD title: Watershed

                                                                                                                                                                                                   Swedish old school death metal super group BLOODBATH have announced a new vocalist of sorts. However, BLOODBATH's "new" vocalist isn't so new after all. OPETH's Michael Akerfeldt has been brought back into the super group as BLOODBATH sacked DAN SWANO a year or two ago. OPETH'S Michael Akerfeldt was the featured vocalist on BLOODBATH's "Resurrection Through Carnage" release. However, Akerfeldt left BLOODBATH because of OPETH's demanding schedule of upward mobility. Per Eriksson replaces DAN SWANO in BLOODBATH on guitar. OPETH's  Martin Axelrot "Axe" is also the drummer for BLOODBATH.
Pics of BLOODBATH and OPETH below:

                                  FROM BLOODBATH's MYSPACE So the time has come for Bloodbath to once again poison the scene with a contagious doze of über brutal death metal. An old acquaintance in this zombified bloodline has once again re-visited his old home. We can now announce that the vocalist on the new mini-cd is none other than Mikael Åkerfeldt courtesy of Opeth.

Second deathster to join the elite is Mr Per 'Sodomizer' Eriksson (ex-21 Lucifers, ex-Genocrush Ferox). Sodomizer's brutal death metal songwriting approach as well as guitar shredding is a highly welcomed element in the legacy of Bloodbath.

FROM BLABBERMOUTH.NET.: Swedish death metal "supergroup" BLOODBATH announced earlier today that OPETH's Mikael Åkerfeldt has laid down the vocal tracks for the band's new mini-CD, which is expected to be issued later in the year. "It's been kept secret since the summer of 2007 when Mike was asked to record vocals for four new tracks destined to be released as the 'Unblessing of Purity' EP," reads a posting on the OPETH web site. "Also, the now legendary Wacken 2005 appearance DVD will come out in a near future through Peaceville Records. On top of this, there are plans to record another full-length record which will be the third since the band was formed in 1999. This will possibly be recorded during 2008."
"Thought I'd gain some pure death metal credibility and mention that I'm back in BLOODBATH again. I was slightly 'talked into' coming back but I certainly don't regret it now. Obviously I am busy all the time, both with my family and OPETH, so don't hold your breath for any massively extensive tours, BUT, I do believe we'll do the occasional gigs when the time is right. I was asked to sing on a four-track release the other guys been working with entitled 'Unblessing the Purity' and I have to say it's the best fucking death metal I've heard since 'Domination', and I'm not even counting my own involvement. I just basically did what they wanted me to and it sounds really good! We might record another album as well sometime later...

"Further, we're in the process of completing the artwork forthe new OPETH album. It's almost done and looking good. The album's mastered and sounds very nice. We had some journalists from all over fly to Sweden for a pre-release listening party and the reactions we're great! They seemed extremely excited all of them, but who gives a fuck about journalists???? Still, it was nice to hear I must admit.

"I'm taking on more work as well, I've guested on an album of a friend of mine, I'm waiting for the 'OK' to let you guys know who it is. On top of that I was asked about another guest appearance which I accepted more or less yesterday. There are more 'big' plans as well that I've been thinking about but mentioning it now would be a bit 'off' as I can't see these particular projects happening until maybe 2-3 years from now.

"All the guys are doing fine, we'll start rehearsing in a couple of weeks. Still deciding on the setlists but yeah....I will have to practise and refresh my memory somewhat I guess.

"Yeah, whatever... 'Rambe on, you retarded fucking fuck,' I hear you say....

"Time for me to go and learn how to play 'Pump Up the Jam'. Since we're moving in that disco-oriented direction, we thought we'd might as well cover a classic....

"If you thought, 'What the fuck?' just then, you need professional help..."
BTW, OPETH have announced the title of their new CD "WATERSHED".


01. Coil
02. Heir Apparent
03. The Lotus Eater
04. Burden
05. Porcelain Heart
06. Hessian Peel
07. Hex Omega
Thanks-BBL with MY BEST OF 2007, Notes from the Extreme metal underground ect.-Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal- \m
-l-