Monday, January 6, 2014

SIGH: You Oshima from Kadenzza To Play Guitars on Sigh's new album "Graveward"



Japanese avant garde/black metal warriors SIGH have confirmed You Oshima from Kadenzza on guitars as SIGH continue work on the band's 10th studio release, due to be unleashed in 2014 entitled "GraveWard".









SIGH unleashed "In Somniphobia", 3/12/2012 via CANDLELIGHT RECORDS.


FROM SIGH:


Remember the great Japanese band / project Kadenzza? Actually Kadenzza is a solo project by a multi-instruments player You Oshima. He released two outstanding albums on Holy Records in the 2000s but after the second album "The Second Renaissance" came out in 2005, he was forced to keep silent by some misfortune he had to go through. However, now the silence is over. Finally he is back! He is going to play guitars for our 10th album "Graveward" to be recorded this year. Here's what he says.

"Four years ago all of a sudden I was suffered from cancer and almost crossed the bridge between life and death. Then came the huge earthquake on March 11th, 2011. More than 450 people were killed by Tsunami in Iwaki city where I live. And as my house is located just 35km away from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, I had to leave my hometown for a while. Fortunately none of my family was killed in the disaster and I am lucky enough to have been able to come back home now, but the life was so tough back then that I was almost giving up playing music. Then I heard from Mirai. He asked me to work with Sigh. Now I started feeling the power inside and also thinking of resurrecting Kadenzza! Kadenzza fans, I won't disappoint you!"

"Graveward" is going to be a very cinematic album. Epic, symphonic and of course evil and scary. We're 100% sure that You Oshima will play a big role in making "Graveward" a masterpiece!


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-