Wednesday, September 14, 2016

BOLT THROWER: DISBAND?

UK death metal legends BOLT THROWER have announced the project has disbanded.
BOLT THROWER have been on hiatus since drummer MARTIN KEARNS expired 9/17/2015 at 38. 




BOLT THROWER unleashed "Those Once Loyal" 11/11/2005 on METAL BLADE RECORDS.

http://spak-individualthoughtpatterns.blogspot.com/2015/09/itp-v015-only-one-per-coffin-rip-martin.html


FROM DARKTHRONE:
Just saw that BOLT THROWER is breaking up. If there was ever a band I respect for RIFF-MAKING LONGEVITY, it was them. - fenriz
FROM INFIDEL AMSTERDAM: 

FROM INFIDEL AMSTERDAM:
Bolt thrower is no more 😢
However, the reason and decision is understandable.

http://www.boltthrower.com/news/news.php

FROM DOOMED: 


So it is now official: Bolt Thrower don't go any further. With Martin Kean was also the position of the drummers at bolt thrower buried. No other band I was immediately like this. It was 1990 when I was the first time "realm of chaos" Aufsog in me. Until today, this sound and shakes his mood in me on and also a little bit in my own music, doomed. It should be 1991 or 92 years ago, when I get it - practically at ground level, in a shop in Berlin, the maybe a hundred people summed up - standing before me. An unforgettable experience, which is me till the end of my days giving energy. In 2014, another fabulous albums later, once again, live in Berlin and leipzig - moments full of awe and euphoria - the all-Mighty, unequalled, unique bolt thrower, whose fronter Karl Willets always My favorite was and still is. Well go over 26 years, in which I gave it life at my side, until the end full of expectation and love. A part of lives on, there's memoriam. Bolt Thrower remains memory and balm for my soul, until I too even go to the grave. Thank you, bolt thrower! I salute you, and I am grateful for the sadness in the eyes...

FROM BOLT THROWER: 

On behalf of ourselves and Kiddie’s family, we would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and support over the last 12 months. Together with Kiddie’s family we made the conscious decision to keep his unexpected death a private matter, and to take time out to deal with it all.
When Kiddie joined us back in 1994, although he was only 17, he instantly improved Bolt Thrower as a live band, and no one was more loyal to, and prouder to be in Bolt Thrower than him.
We spent over 20 years together, touring the world, with 3 different vocalists, but he was so much more than just a drummer to us. So when we carried his coffin to his final resting place, the Bolt Thrower drummer position was buried with him. He was, and will now forever remain THE Bolt Thrower drummer, our Powerhouse and friend Martin “Kiddie” Kearns.

As for the rest of us, Bolt Thrower has been our way of life for 30 years, never driven by money, fame or ego, but by our own personal principles and values that have guided us through life, and which bonded us as friends long before Bolt Thrower was even formed...
 
“We are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

- Tennyson – 1833


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-