Tuesday, December 13, 2016

EXIVIOUS: "It is with a heavy heart that we’ve decided to end Exivious"

Netherlands based progressive death/metal jazz fusion warriors EXIVIOUS have disbanded, band statement below.







EXIVIOUS unleashed "LIMINAL",  11/8/2013 via SEASON OF MIST.




FROM EXIVIOUS:
Dear friends,
It is with a heavy heart that we’ve decided to end Exivious. I started the band not long after I picked up the guitar and ever since, it has been a major part of my life. Exivious has always evolved with our musical tastes. From the death metal days of our early demos to the jazz-fusion inspired debut album to the post-rock inspired 2nd album, Liminal.
I started a progressive singer/songwriter band called Our Oceans (www.ouroceans.net) with whom we released our debut album at the end of 2015. Taking on the vocal duties in this band changed everything for me; the way I see myself and what I aspire to become as a musician has completely shifted. Singing allows me to express myself in a way that I could never achieve on guitar. Which is why I decided to continue my musical endeavors with Our Oceans and focus all my energy on that band.
Meanwhile, my band mates’ need to play progressive, jazz-fusion inspired music has faded as well. Michel (Nienhuis, guitars) has been working on a 2nd album for his post-black metal band DODECAHEDRON (www.ddchdrn.com), which is going to be released early next year. Robin (Zielhorst, bass) has started a groove metal band Onegodless - The artist formerly known as MOURN (www.onegodlessofficial.com). Their debut album is to be released early next year as well and features Yuma (van Eekelen) on drums.
We debated to change styles and include vocals for Exivious, but that simply didn’t feel right. We’d hate to disappoint or disrespect our fans by not staying true to the essence of what Exivious is. So instead, we’re leaving the past for what it is and we’re happily moving on to our future bands and projects!
We’d like to thank our incredible fans for their love and support. To celebrate our musical journey and to say a final goodbye, we will be doing a handful of farewell shows in 2017.
Tymon


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-