Tuesday, September 7, 2010

NOKTURNEL ANNOUNCED FOR GORE GROWLERS BALL 11/13/2010 SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS


Austin, Texas extreme metal heroes NOKTURNEL have announced the bands appearance at GORE GROWLERS BALL 11/13/2010 in San Antonio, Texas.
FROM NOKTURNEL:
There’s a lot going on with Nokturnel. I will try and keep this short and on point, but yeah it’s still gonna be a long read.
After the two shows we played in July we spoke with current bass player Zolrak about his future participation in the band. The Fury Unleashed material is very difficult on bass as it does what the guitar does, so playing my music on bass is no easy task. I want the bass to have the element of speed as that is how it is recorded and Zolrak’s style is just not the same. We left it as if we need him he very well may play with us again, but we are preparing to audition a few new bass players.
Zolrak, like Chad Walls, has helped me get this band up and running again. Both of these guys are now a part of Nokturnel’s history and for them I owe them my deepest gratitude. It is good to know they’re both still willing to help me with Nokturnel if I need them but for now it’s all about me and Duane. If you think you can handle the bass in Nokturnel contact me immediately. Lee Ribera killed the bass during the recording of Fury Unleashed and I have yet to see anyone come close to matching him…so bring it on if you have what it takes!
I just put new tubes in my amp, beefed up my sound and will be working with Duane on new material very soon. The response we have received after the 2 shows has been really killer and most people are impatiently waiting for some new material. The big news about Nokturnel playing Maryland Death Fest 2011 has hit our fan base and many people are content knowing they will have a chance to see us play. We are trying to get out there to play many cities in the US and worldwide but being totally independent we are running on Nokturnel’s legendary status in the underground so we can only expect so much at this point in time. With a show as important as MDF confirmed we can now get busy with the writing.
However we do have another show to announce. Nokturnel will headline night 2 of the Goregrowlers Ball in San Antonio Texas on Nov 13th, a two day event featuring 10 bands per day. We hope to play Fury Unleashed in its entirety and more! I encourage friends and fans from out of state to come experience the brutality of a Texas metal fest. We are going to let it rip and party all weekend. San Antonio is not a very expensive city, the metal people there are awesome, the food is incredible and it’s a good time of year to visit Texas… you won’t bake in the over the top heat! It’s gonna be awesome and I encourage anyone and everyone to contact me if you need info or convincing. Nokturnel really needs YOUR support so please consider attending this weekend of Texas brutality!
Duane and I are constantly speaking with bands and promoters about playing shows. We feel October and November are ideal months to travel so if you can help get us on the road we are open for your suggestions. Let’s not forget money talks, we aint about to tap our Swiss Bank Accounts to finance everything out of pocket so please keep it realistic if you intend to contact us. We can be reasonable and appreciate any help in any way shape or form.
The drums on Fury Unleashed were handled by Geoff Montgomery [Topheterath] formerly of the band Fog out of Indiana. Now Geoff is fully established with years of experience under his belt in his home studio The Ensomberoom. Visit the MySpace and consider Geoff for all your studio needs. He is currently in Ft Wayne and knows his shit! http://www.myspace.com/theensomberoom
Now if you are closer to Texas know that Duane Timlin, Nokturnel’s drummer is just finishing up his own home studio and will soon be ready to record your metal masterpieces. Nokturnel will be making demos there so you will hear some of Duane’s work soon. If possible I will gladly come out while YOU are working on your recording to help with guitar sound and whatnot. Duane and I intend to be very busy with our own music and working on other recording projects too. Contact me, or look up Duane on MySpace of Facebook for more info.
I have been extremely busy with the Spiked Leather business too. Don’t forget to hit me up if you need any armor. The Spiked Leather page is on Nokturnel’s top friends.
MARYLAND DEATH FEST -GOREGROWLERS BALL -NEW MATERIAL- NEW STUDIO-
MORE INFO COMING SOON!!!!!!!!
Tom Stevens -Nokturnel
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-