...11/8/2016 the U.S.A. elected billionaire real estate tycoon and neo conservative, rightwing, bigoted moron DONALD TRUMP..
We're sorry to hear this..
ITP V.016 EDITORS NOTE:
The silence is deafening. The U.S. has alienated itself from any sense of sanity and progressive vision in world view.
Yes I'm embarrassed and disgusted.
Excuse the U.S.A. in its misguided anger, this country does not know what to do.
We are not all responsible for this.
Please be (unlike TRUMP) mature through this and respectful of others.
Sad day in the U.S.A. as many TRUMP supporters come from middle class and working class families, Some are spoiled middle class hipsters. White America are very misguided in their anger rebelling against any establishment promoting fear, scapegoating and hate mongering. America has failed whites too as we all have that common enemy as they should have joined us regarding OWS (Occupy Wall Street), and Bernie Sanders agenda.
FROM HUFFINGTON POST POLITICS:
"If we are already fighting the hurtful effect of comments when kids repeat what Trump has said in the campaign, I can’t even fathom what we will be fighting after four years of his hateful rhetoric."
Donald J. Trump openly bragged about using his celebrity status to sexually assault women. And multiple women accused him of actually doing so.
He said he was in favor of banning people from entering the United States based on their religion.
He believes that women he finds physically unattractive or overweight are lesser people.
He mocked people with disabilities.
He encouraged violence against protesters at his political rallies.
For years, he was the most notable person pushing the conspiracy theory that the first black president was illegitimate because he was supposedly not born in the United States.
And now, he will be America’s 45th president.
FROM NBC NEW YORK:
The election of Donald J. Trump to the Presidency is nothing less than a tragedy for the American republic, David Remnick writes.
REUTERS TOP NEWS:
World in shock as Trump surges to victory in
FROM WALL STREET JOURNAL:
Breaking: European stocks dive 2% as Trump's startling victory sends global markets into disarray http://on.wsj.com/2fxzGLa
This is what happens when you spend 5% of your federal budget on education. Good job America!
The silver lining thought of the day:
Even if Hillary Clinton won, this country would be no less ignorant, homophobic, misogynistic or racist than before. If anything it would have just continued to pour gas on the oppositional fire of intolerance that is the silent majority while the illusion of victory would have placated your average centrist just long enough to keep the lid on the pot of boiling water until the next demagogue came along. That being said: Do I believe people will be more vocal about their ignorance and bigotry with Trump in office? absolutely … But inversely I also believe that will catalyze a generation finally willing to stand up more vigilantly for their civil liberties, become more engaged and finally start to express the political efficacy that is so badly needed in this country because thankfully the baby boomers will all die off in the next 20 years 👌🏻💀. In political science, you learn that where there is power, there will always be resistance and that is what often causes the pendulum to forever swing both ways… from Bush Sr we got Clinton. From Clinton we got Bush Jr, from Bush Jr we got Obama, From Obama we got Trump and from the death knell that is Trump we will get hopefully get some real reformation to this system that has rotted to the core as its always darkest before dawn.
FROM PATRICIA THOMAS MANAGEMENT:
There wasn't a decent, moral, worthy or trustworthy candidate for the US to choose from, and the only thing that Clinton had going for her was experience, because, let's face it, both Clinton and Trump are equally revolting, equally corrupt, equally venal and equally dangerous in their own particular ways. The fact that the US chose the least suitable candidate to lead its own country, and "lead" the "free world" at a time when the "free world" is far from free and is hurtling headlong towards multiple crises of its own making is a sad day for everyone. Having said all that, I'll just add another little thought I had. At a time when ordinary people are starting to demand that their leaders fix their own countries first, anyone who didn't see this coming, including the pollsters, was living on another planet.
FROM COREY TAYLOR (SLIPKNOT):
I didn't think my country could be this fucking stupid or hateful.— Fucker McFuckerface (@CoreyTaylorRock) November 9, 2016
I won't tell you 'I told you so' when he tries to fuck you
Trump is going to be all disruptive, not paying attention when the secret Global Elites sit him down to watch the secret induction video.— Crypticus (@Crypticus) November 9, 2016
FROM DINO CAZARES (FEAR FACTORY):
They gave him way to much air time https://t.co/HDkatbS2aa— Dino Cazares (@DinoCazares) November 9, 2016
FROM HERI JOENSEN (TYR):
What can I say! You should have gone with Bernie!
FROM FIRST AVENUE (MUSIC VENUE. MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA. U.S.A.):
Come for your love of music. Find your community.
FROM P**SY RIOT:
Putin, Trump, Brexit, Le Pen, Orban (...)
We're just about to understand how we're going to live in this world.
And don't tell me that it's going to be ok. Nope. If we don't fight back, nothing will ever be ok. We're going to lose our civil rights if we're incapable to protect them. Trust me. It will not be ok if we'll not overcome nationalism, sexism, bigotry, racism, lack of empathy and emotional numbness.
They want to make abortion more restricted which means more births which means more people and regardless of your politics no one wants that.
FROM STOP HOMOPHOBIA:
FROM NORWOOD FISHER (FISHBONE):
My great and heartfelt thank you to Donald Trump.
I really appreciate what Donald Trump has done for this country during the course of his campaign to become the president! I never imagined that he would be the release valve for self expression for so much pent up excess energy! Donald Trump didn't create the racist hatred, blatant sexism, homophobia and xenophobia that is loudly making itself known throughout our culture. He allowed people to get in touch with their deepest inner feelings. He made people feel free to speak aloud things they'd suppressed for fear of seeming politically incorrect. Points of view that would have been an embarrassment not long ago, suddenly became en vogue in some circles. In the 80's, Hip Hop urged its audience to "Keep It Real" and right before our very eyes, Donald Trump, without an ounce of urging, brought out the "Keep It Real" in his constituency! This particular "Keep It Real", while I'm sure is equally liberating, is entertaining in a completely different way. It's more nightmarish and definitely not danceable! My appreciation is rooted in the love for knowledge! I now have no pretenses about how his followers view other ethnicities, women, those of LGBTQ community, immigrants and foreigners. I have clarity on the fact that White Supremacy is all that matters and no matter how vulgar, offensive, dangerous and detrimental the messenger, it's OK, because the protection of "The Great White Way" must prevail! So much that would never have been OK, has been overlooked by his supporters to get him to The White House. Mr. Grab 'Em By The Pussy seemed to be more teflon than Ronald Regan!!! We now have the 1st First Lady in history to have appeared butt naked in the Larry Flint publication, Barely Legal!!! Now I'm no angel and I hope I'm not being a prude, but it seems like the path to the presidency has been derailed for many, for much less?!?! Hip Hop artists saying they're not role models is a lot different than a President and a First Lady, in my humble opinion. But hey, we're here and it ain't goin' nowhere, not for 4 years or so. Anyways, we all know what we've been through, what's been done and why. My point here is, if the literal definition of The Apocalypse is, the lifting of the veils, The Don has ripped the covers offa the damn thang!!! I really do appreciate being able to see The Whirl'd that I live in for exactly what it is!!!! Thanks President Donald (Grab 'Em By The Pussy) Trump!!!
FROM NATIVE LIVES MATTER:
I take no political sides but this is probably why Hilary lost:
1.She buried the Bernie
2. People in rural areas don't take part in your CNN, MSNBC polls.They waited until the real election. Also, including the large number of folks who did not vote.
3. All liberal news networks are BLASTING the same rhetoric, backed by caca polls. FIRE THEM.
4. Too much in her emails, past, dirt/beef with Huma Abedin, George Soros, Anthony Weiner, Trey Gowdy, James Comey
5. She is not very charismatic when compared to Trump
6. The President silencing Julian Assange from his Ecuadorian Embassy in U.K. probably wasn't the best idea.
7. Lots of damming information about the Clinton Foundation, especially in Haiti - Vice did a huge story on it.
8. Murders over the years linked to both Bill, Hillary and the DNC.
9. Arab Springs - Tunisia, Libya, Egypt
10. Trump tore the Republican party in two. The Republican voters who were silent in the past or protest vote x2 finally were pushed to the breaking point this year and saw clarity with Trump.
11. Illusion of Choice.
FROM YOUNG TURKS:
#DearDonald: We WILL fight, we will NOT run.
- We will NOT let you take away our marriage equality.
- We will NOT let you take away our right to choose.
- We will NOT let you deport our friends and family.
- We will NOT let you destroy our social security.
- We will NOT let you destroy Obamacare.
- We will NO LONGER accept money corrupting our politicians.
- We will NOT let you lead us into another war.
FROM ANI DIFRANCO:
i totally back this. the electoral college can vote any way they want to. they should back the popular vote! (on december 19th... and then they should be abolished)
this business of we don't even get who we elected has got to stop! clinton won the popular vote. period.
let's ratify the national popular vote bill now!
FROM ROLLING STONE:
Across social media, women, people of color, Muslims and members of the LGBT community have been collecting the traumatic and racist acts done to or around them since Donald J. Trump's presidential win. Genius' Senior Editor Insanul Ahmed collected many of these posts in a Twitter Moment titled "Day 1 in Trump's America." See the thread below.
Out with tens of thousands of protesters in the streets tonight. The shit has only begun to hit the fan. #OccupyTrump.
1. Must quickly and decisively form an opposition movement, the likes of which hasn't been seen since the 1960s. I will do my part to help lead this as I'm sure many others (Bernie, Elizabeth Warren, MoveOn, the hip-hop community, DFA, etc.) will, too. The core of this opposition force will be fueled by young people who, as with Occupy Wall Street and Black Lives Matter, don't tolerate b.s. and are relentless in their resistance to authority. They have no interest in compromising with racists and misogynists.
2. Prepare to impeach Trump. Just as the Republicans were already planning to do with President Hillary from Day One, we must organize the apparatus that will bring charges against him when he violates his oath and breaks the law -- and then we must remove him from office.
3. Must commit right now to a vigorous fight (including civil disobedience, if necessary) which will block any and all Donald Trump Supreme Court nominees who do not meet our approval. We demand the Democrats in the Senate aggressively filibuster any nominees who support Citizens United or who oppose the rights of women, immigrants and the poor. This is non-negotiable.
4. Demand the DNC apologize to Bernie Sanders for trying to fix the primaries against him, for spinning the press to ignore his historic campaign, for giving Clinton the questions in advance at the Flint debate, for its latent ageism and anti-Semism in trying to turn voters against him because of his age or religious beliefs, and for its anti-democracy system of "superdelegates" who are elected by no one. We all know now had Bernie been given a fair shot, he probably would have been the nominee and he -- as the true outsider and "change" candidate --would have inspired and fired up the base and soundly defeated Donald Trump. If no apology is soon forthcoming from the DNC, that's ok -- when we take over the Democratic Party (see yesterday's To-Do List, #1), we will issue the apology in person.
5. Demand that President Obama establish a Special Prosecutor to investigate who and what was behind FBI Director James Comey's illegal interference into the Presidential election 11 days before the vote was held.
6. Begin a national push while it's fresh in everyone's mind for a constitutional amendment to fix our broken electoral system: 1. Eliminate the Electoral College -- popular vote only. 2. Paper ballots only -- no electronic voting. 3. Election Day must be made a holiday for all -- or held on a weekend so more people vote. 4. All citizens, regardless of any run-ins with the criminal "justice" system, must have the right to vote. (In swing states like Florida and Virginia, 30-40% of all Black men are prohibited by law from voting.)
7. Convince President Obama to immediately do what he should have done a year ago: Send in the Army Corps of Engineers to Flint to dig up and replace all the poisoned pipes. NOTHING HAS CHANGED; the water in Flint is still unusable.
Will try to get these done by sundown. More To-Do tomorrow...
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-