Saturday, April 8, 2017

ITP V.017 ANNIVERSARIES: ANNIVERSARY OF MAYHEM VOCALIST "DEAD" PASSING (PER YNGVE OHLIN)


From the "FREEZING MOON"- Today is the very sad anniversary of late MAYHEM vocalist "DEAD" (PER YNGVE OHLIN)  passing as he took his life on this date in 1991.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_%22Dead%22_Ohlin















MAYHEM unleashed  "ESOTERIC WARFARE",  6/6/2014 (EUROPEAN UNION), 6/10/2014 (NORTH AMERICA) via SEASON OF MIST


ITP V.014 REVIEW: MAYHEM: "ESOTERIC WARFARE":
http://spak-individualthoughtpatterns.blogspot.com/2014/08/itp-v014-review-mayhem-esoteric-warfare.html













FROM NARGOROTH:
Per Yngve Ohlin, Jan. 1969 – Apr. 1991
I raise my glass in Memoriam today. Not for 'the demon' or for the 'evil true one'. And not to honor the 'Black Metal warrior' who took his life cause he “couldn't deal with what BM has coming to” – as the myth back then tried to tell us. Although I believed or wanted to believe that by myself back in the day. Until in 1998 or 1999 – I cant remember exactly – when I got a VHS tape with the complete Video of the MAYHEM Rehearsal(s) in the Woods.
When I watched it eagerly I didn't see an evil, true BM demon. What I saw was a funny, cool, metal loving, punky, joking and poking, jumping and humping, kinda normal and juvenile guy, that reminded me strongly of myself and Charoon and many other silly Metallions in the early 90s, who were for sure Metal-as-fuck, but were people in the first place. People with issues, yes. Undeniable. DEAD expressed his with his suicide (if it was one). But in this video I saw just a guy that – with all respect to his passion for BM – probably didn't take himself too serious and just celebrated the music he stood for.
It was then, when I could relate to him on a more real, personal level and when I left the myth behind and could embrace the human behind his legend. And to this legend I raise my glass. To the man behind the legend!

This is probably not a popular viewpoint among the BM scene, but its mine! If this offends you, be my guest. No safe space here!

FROM THY DARKENED SHADE:
When it's cold, and when it's dark, the Freezing Moon can obsess you!
Un-Dead!
16 January 1969 – 8 April 1991


FROM MAYHEM: Dedicating tonight's show in Vienna to Pelle





Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-"LIFE ETERNAL"