Monday, September 21, 2020

OTEP: "My loved ones often ask why I remain in a genre that's been overwhelmingly sexist, racist & homophobic - example: that short little homophobic troll Phil from ATR who called me a f*ggot on twitter three times but yet recv'd nothing but accolades from the industry."

 


 Los Angeles, California, U.S.A. nu metal warriors OTEP have posted posted the below statement on bigotry in the metal scene.

 

 

 OTEP unleashed  "KULT 45",  7/27/2018 via NAPALM RECORDS.

 

FROM OTEP: 

 

My loved ones often ask why I remain in a genre that's been overwhelmingly sexist, racist & homophobic - example: that short little homophobic troll Phil from ATR who called me a f*ggot on twitter three times but yet recv'd nothing but accolades from the industry - he still got booked on festivals, still toured - meanwhile I was blacklisted for calling out his homophobia. Another example: that one-hit wonder, loafer-licking Trump Humping clown ass band TRAPT gets to vomit bigotry all over their FB and they still have fans who share their fecal ideology. Another example: Soulfly puts out a song called SODOMITES where the lyrics are cribbed from Leviticus calling for the death of gay ppl yet upon the song's release it reaches the top of Liquid Metals DEVIL DOZEN & they're still considered legends and no one, except me, called them out. Again ....I was blacklisted for calling them out. Not to mention, the majority of metal fans are racist, homophobic, sexist MAGA morons who called me a traitor when I wrote WARHEAD & are now chanting All Lives Matter or Blue Lives Matter (and no they don't mean smurfs) yet are SILENT AF when WHITE domestic terrorist groups murder cops (like the Boogaloo BOY who used a pipe bomb killing two LEO's hoping it'd be blamed on BLM or ANTIFA). Or when my I'm attacked for being gay on my OWN social platforms, constant death threats to me & family or when they declare themselves Pro-Life yet they never protest Fertility clinics that benefit MEN (with low or diminishing sperm counts) even though those clinics destroy those fetuses after a certain time passages. It's not about pro-life or they'd be protesting the illegal hysterectomies in the defacto Concentration Camps at the border, they'd be protesting the rapes of minors in those camps by guards (ON US SOIL NO LESS), or the children separateed from their families & may never see their parents again so they'll get sent to orphanages owned by Betsy DeVos.
My answer is always, unequivocally, YOU. The ONATION, my SS4L, my Real Ones. And yes, it gets crazy lonely being a lone voice screaming against a hurricane of hate but you deserve it, my godkids deserve it, my black & brown sisters & brothers deserve it, my disabled sisters & brothers deserve it, my Native American sisters & brothers deserve it, my sisters & brothers on the LGBTQ spectrum deserve it, my sisters in the fight for gender equality deserve it. Our beloved democracy deserves it. So, I stay. I roll up my sleeves, make a fist ... RESIST.
 
 
 
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-