Wednesday, November 22, 2023

ITP V.023 WORLD APOCALYPSE: CENTRAL HUDSON PRICE GOUGING CUSTOMERS

 


During the past two years, my electric company has changed it's billing system and has been over charging and ripping off customers. so much (as per the article in the link above), that local politicians are taking a stand.
Today, I got a $553.93 electric bill as CENTRAL HUDSON has been doing estimated billing (not reading meters) as they swear they read the meter earlier this month.I live in a small studio efficiency apartment.
Late last year, my landlord installed a floorboard heater (to remedy complaints about lack of heat) as I've been using and she and her boyfriend swears the heater is cost and energy efficient, but it runs on electricity.
I'm asking my family for help with this electric bill ('I'm on a fixed income) as meanwhile I'm going to apply for HEAP as there is no guarantee I'll get it as heat is supposed to be included but the radiator doesn't always work.
I called CENTRAL HUDSON immediately today and asked to speak to a supervisor as I couldn't as they were busy. The customer service rep sent my account for "review" as they will get back to me in 5 to ten business days.
I also filed a complaint with the NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICES as that is pending.
I've always paid my CENTRAL HUDSON bills on time and in full with my last bill being at $77 some odd dollars.
Central Hudson is a monopoly (the only electric company) in the hudson valley area and a colossal ripoff. shut them down.
 
 
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-