Friday, October 9, 2026

JUDAS PRIEST: BASSIST IAN HILL RETIRES FROM BAND





 British New Wave of Heavy metal pioneers JUDAS PRIEST have announced bassist  IAN HILL has RETIRED from the band as he is replaced by DAVEY RIMMER (URIAH HEEP) for the bands anticipated 9/21/2026 show. 

  JUDAS PRIEST have posted a video for "WAR PIGS" (BLACK SABBATH COVER CHARITY VERSION).. 

  JUDAS PRIEST have announced FALL 2025 U.S.A. TOUR DATES WITH ALICE COOPER..


JUDAS PRIEST have posted a video for  "PANIC ATTACK" (,RECORDED LIVE DURING THE INVINCIBLE SHIELD TOUR - SUMMER 2024) a track from the bands anticipated new release "INVINCIBLE SHIELD",   unleashed 3/8/2024 via SONY MUSIC. 







  The ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME have "Another thing coming" as British New Wave of Heavy metal pioneers JUDAS PRIEST have been inducted into the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME.

 JUDAS PRIEST unleashed "FIREPOWER", 3/9/2018 via COLUMBIA RECORDS.








FROM IAN HILL (JUDAS PRIEST): 

It is with heavy hearts that we are sending out this personal message from our Ian....he has been the backbone of Judas Priest for so long and will be greatly missed by us all....we wish him well in his retirement and welcome Davey into the Priest Family....
Hello everyone, for a long time now, when asked "how long can you continue" - I've always answered "until my performances suffer"....
I hate to say it, but that time has come.
For some years now, I've been struggling with the onset of the evil arthritis, which is now in an advanced state in my left shoulder and right hand, established in my right shoulder, and present in both knees. I've been fighting this with painkilling pills, gels, and recently with cortisone injections in my shoulder and hand.
Although, I was able to put bass lines to the songs for the new album, there were questions whether I'd be able to complete the recent European tour without incident, so we asked our good friend Davey Rimmer from Uriah Heep, and of course Elegant Weapons, to learn the set list to stand in for me if I had to pull out, which I did for the London show. This was due to me snapping a tendon in my left shoulder (as if I didn't have enough problems with it!) just before the encores during the Brussels show two days before. This led to me not being able to lift my arm enough to reach the neck of my bass. So we had to call Davey to stand in for me, who put in an incredible performance at such short notice!
I've seen specialists, who suggest I might get away without surgery, but even if I don't there's no guarantee either way that I'll have enough strength in my shoulder/arm to complete a whole stage show.
In view of all this, and the fact that I've neglected my family life for fifty seven years, I've decided to retire and spend the remaining years making up for it, and doing things with them before it involves one of ‘em pushing me around in a wheelchair.
The obvious choice for my replacement is Davey. He's a great bassist, and a genuinely nice bloke who'll fit the job perfectly, and I wish him the very best of luck!
There's not a day goes by where I don't give thanks for the incredible journey I've lived through, and it just remains for me to say that I love you all, and thank you for the life you've let me live X
IAN HILL

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-