Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Remembering Kurt Cobain (part 2)

At the time of Kurt Cobain's death I was on a 7 month leave of absence from college. Although I did return (after briefly moving back in with my mom and working in NYC at Tower records) to finish another semester in college. I was working as a live in mothers helper and often got called in to do fill in work for WFNP's top 40 countdown wich was unofficially co-hosted by Keith Spillet (the metal head that he was \m/) Through WFNP. I got into some great underground death metal (Amorphis, Deicide, DEATH, Morbid Angel, ect...)

I was also going through a deep personal depression and was contaplitating suicide my self with already one failed attempt.

One day I was sitting down town in New Paltz with a copy of Time magazine or Newsweek (with the cover story of Kurt Cobain's death) in my hand. A good drinking buddy (Maurine) freind of mine, walked up to me and said, "Suicide is the most SELFISH thing that a person can do to themselves and thier family", and my freind went on about how that was soo selfish of Kurt to do that..

I didn't know what to say..However, I'm still alive, and my life had to get worse to get better, but I really appreciate life so much more now. I've gotten help for the feelings of depression ect. that I have..

BBL with part 3