Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Remembering Kurt Cobain: (part one)

Polly wants a cracker, maybe I should untie her,It amazes me the WILL of instict-Nirvana.

I just had the worst dream, and missed my doctors appointment because I was so freaked out. I had a nightmare about Kurt Cobain. I dreamt I was at his funeral? I saw him in his casket with a bandage on his head..I had a vision that the EMT workers dragged his body around..It was weird and I didn't wake up until after 1PM today..

The day that Kurt Cobian died I was a DJ (later music director) for the SUNY New Paltz college radio station WFNP (88.7 FM)..We always joked about our favorite bands. We used to joke with the production director/ (Keith Spillet who DJed the extreme metal show HEADLESS BABY on WFNP-those were the days!), Program director that Brett Guerwitz from Bad Religion called the radio station looking for him.

We would leave Keith notes: "Brett Guerowitz (of Bad Religion) called, call him back at 1-800-PUNKROCK"..

When Kurt Cobian died I thought it was a sick joke being played off by my radio station associates. I walked into SUNY New Paltz's food court and (WFNP's)  traffic director said that Kurt Cobain had killed himself. I thought it was a joke! I went upstairs to WFNP and EVERYONE was talking about Kurt Cobain's death. I didn't belive it. I told them at WFNP, "You guys need to STOP joking about this, stop f**ing with me!"

I went home, turned on my TV, flipped through channels, got to MTV, and Nirvana's unplugged was on..Then I KNEW, that he was gone, and this was NO joke..

I just sat there, shocked and stunned that this was happening..

BBL (with part 2)