Monday, March 23, 2009

GAHHL AND KING (EX GORGOROTH) NAME NEW PROJECT


FROM GODSEED'S MYSPACE: Gaahl and King have chosen the new banner of God Seed to represent their art in the future.

God Seed was chosen for many reasons; it represents the will to grow, the god within man and nature and the will to reach one's highest potential. God Seed is also the title of a track from the last album released under the "Gorgoroth" banner and in that respect it symbolizes what is brought from the past into a new beginning and a new future.

The album which has been in the works as a "Gorgoroth" album will now be released as the first God Seed album and should be in-stores in late 2009.
Gaahl and King (ex Gorgoroth) have named their new project GODSEED after LOSING their court battle vs. INFERNUS. Longtime GORGOROTH member and band founder INFERNUS owns the bands name via trademark and copy write. IMHOTEP have published and interview with KING GODSEED member (ex GORGOROTH) KING about the new projects name and the lawsuit vs. Infernus: FROM IMHOTEP: So, the obvious thing is of course, why the name God Seed? The way I see it, it is a name that has some irony to it…
“I am fully aware that this name will be made fun out of because of Gaahls sexual preferences. I couldn’t care less about that part. People with a mind set of 13 year old kids would do that to him anyway.
God Seed represent a more spiritual side to us than what Gorgoroth would. God Seed is also the title of a track from our last album released under the "Gorgoroth" banner and in that respect it symbolizes what is brought from the past. God Seed represents the will to grow; the will to be the super man so to speak. I think it’s a suitable name for what we will represent in the future.
I am also aware of the fact that we use the word God in the name. It will challenge the weak minded in the respect that we in the past used the word Satan a lot, but it’s all about the same thing. The God within man and the God within nature. I never believed in a Christian force named Satan. I believe in the God within man.”

You have signed to Indie Recordings, a label that is the biggest Norwegian metal label and which is very professional. How did you choose to go for Indie now? What advantages do you see belonging to a native label?
“I know the people who work for Indie for several years. I know they are good people and easy to work with. I have high hopes in working with them in the future. The communication will of course be better with a native label than with a label from abroad. They seem very eager on giving their best for me and Gaahl, whether we called us Gorgoroth, God Seed or another name.”

Concerning the upcoming album, have Gaahl recorded the vocals? And, do you have to do any adjustments musically speaking? I mean, don’t you think people will just thinking Gorgoroth no matter, since the music was created under the Gorgoroth banner from the start?
“Gaahl has not recorded the vocals yet. He is in Spain as we speak working on lyrics and vocal arrangements. I’ve always made the music I want to make, and I haven’t made any adjustments just because of a name change. If people think of what we made under the Gorgoroth banner in context of what we are doing now as God Seed, there’s nothing I can do about it. We will of course bring with us what we created in Gorgoroth during the 10 years we worked together as well. So it makes sense..., but now all energy will be put into God Seed. Gorgoroth is dead from my side and Gaahl’s too.”

Another obvious theme has to be how all the fuzz that were started back in those days (autumn 2007 if I remember correctly) have influenced your will to power, your will to create music that surpasses what you’ve done with Gorgoroth previously?
“To be honest nothing has changed for me besides changing a name of the band. I have the same people I work with on all levels concerning my art and where this art is channeled. God Seed is just the next chapter of what we presented in Gorgoroth. That’s all!!”

What can you tell us about the album? The music has been recorded some half year ago…
“The music for the record was recorded last year. It contains the best music I’ve written according to my own likings. It will be released sometimes later this year and I guess we’ll get both negative and positive reactions to it..., as usual. I decided early on to NOT make a retro black metal album which should have been released in the early 90’s. I leave that to others. I want to make unique music with a strong voice…, not relying on any trends.”

I know most people, for some wicked reason, are most interested in Gaahl’s sexuality and also what you think now in retrospect concerning what happened back in autumn 2007. Personally I think more or less everything has been said and done and said over again. And it seems now that Infernus wish the best for you and that you wish the best for him, despite that there are some economic matters still to be sorted out. Looking forward to seeing both bands on tour together, hehe… Seriously, what’s next for God Seed, besides the finishing voices on the album?
“I couldn’t care less about Gaahl’s sexual orientation. It has nothing to do with me or the art we are doing together. I never had any problems with Infernus on a personal level and of course I’m hoping he is actually able to bring forward what we created in Gorgoroth. I’m sure he will. God Seed will be the banner we’ll use for spreading our ideas through interviews, music and live performances. Nothing has changed but a name. I guess Gorgoroth will look more different than us in the future.”

I think we’ll have another chat when the new album is set and done and all. Any final words, anything you’d like to say about the happenings the last two years that you haven’t really revealed? Any unseen cards up thy sleeve?
“I m tired of the controversy surrounding the last two years. I am ready to use my energy on what wants to live rather than what wants to die. I am prepared to put in lots of work to make God Seed what it can be, on the highest level possible.”
UPDATE 3/30/09: Also, GODSEED are due to play at a few festivals. FROM BLABBERMOUTH.NET: GOD SEED, the new Norwegian band featuring former GORGOROTH members King (bass; real name: Tom Cato Visnes) and Gaahl (vocals; real name: Kristian Espedal), has been confirmed for Hellfest, set to take place June 19-21, 2009 in Clisson, France. They will headline the Rock Hard stage on June 19.

GOD SEED's lineup for the performance will consist of the following musicians:

Gaahl Vocals
King - Bass
Teloch - Guitar
Ice Dale - Guitar (ENSLAVED)
Dani "Garghuf" Robnik - Drums

Gaahl and King recently lost a court battle against guitarist Infernus (real name: Roger Tiegs) over the rights to the GORGOROTH band name.
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-