Wednesday, March 18, 2009

GOJIRA ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN MAY 2009 TOUR /ARSIS and NACHTMYSTIUM EXPLAIN TOUR CANCELATIONS




French progressive metal band GOJIRA have announced a spring 2009 North American tour with CARBOMB and the CHARIOT (!!????). Somebody hook GOJIRA up with a quality North American tour and what's this emo (like) band (the CHARIOT) doing on the bill? Like I've said, the French have an excellent extreme metal scene, both death, black and grind extreme metal: GOJIRA, GOROD, VORKREIST, DEATHSPELL OMEGA, HELL MILITIA, ANTAEUS, MERRIMACK and so many other bands. Check out GOJIRA's latest release "The Way of All Flesh" for some quality progressive death metal.
MESHUGGAH Guitarist Mårten Hagström complains about being misquoted in Metal Sucks: "And last, since I'm correcting errors, it says that I was praising a band called 'ADAGIO.' I don't know who they are. I was talking about the French band GOJIRA. That's that."

FROM BLABBERMOUTH.NET:
May 01 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
May 02 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
May 03 - Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore at The TLA
May 04 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
May 06 - New York, NY - Blender Theatre @ Gramercy
May 07 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda
May 08 - Toronto, ON - The Mod Club
May 09 - Detroit, MI - Harpo's
May 10 - Chicago, IL - Logan Square Auditorium
May 11 - St. Paul, MN - Station 4
May 14 - Murray, UT - Murray Theater
May 17 - Vancouver, BC - Richards On Richards
May 18 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
May 19 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
May 21 - San Francisco, CA - Slims
May 22 - Pomona, CA - The Glass House
May 24 - Hollywood, CA - The Key Club French
In a pejorative pun of the old show business term "break a leg", Chicago black metal band NACHTMYSTIUM did just that this past weekend, therefore they are forced to cancel out of their aforementioned tour with the HAUNTED: FROM NACHTMYSTIUM:
"NACHTMYSTIUM, unfortunately, had to cancel our slot co-headlining THE HAUNTED's U.S./Canadian tour this coming April. Frontman Blake Judd had an accident and broke his leg last weekend and will be in a cast for the next 12 weeks and may need surgery. More news in the coming weeks…

"We've already rescheduled a U.S./Canadian tour for June and are awaiting the 'OK' from our booking representatives the announce the tour and dates.

"Sorry to anyone hoping to see us in April! After this whole bullshit fiasco with the Scion Rock Fest a few weeks back, and now this, it's been one thing after the other around here. Fear not, we will be back soon enough…"

Also, Virginia's ARSIS (James Malone vocalist/guitarist) explains why (health reasons, weight loss) the band canceled out of the CARCASS "Exhumed to Consume 2 tour: BTW, we hope James Malone feels better, Malone shreds: FROM ARSIS MYSPACE:
"I owe more than a few people an apology at this time.
"Over the past few months, ARSIS has had to drop off two tours and the fault lies on my shoulders. Those who know me know that moderation is a concept that I am not familiar with. Ever since my late teens, I have moved from one self-destructive behavior to another and it has finally taken its toll on my body and mind. I seem to take everything I do to an unhealthy extreme. This leads us to the reason for dropping off tours with both THE FACELESS and CARCASS.

"Without going into too many details, let's just say that there is no healthy way lose 100 pounds in four months, as I did late last year. To say that I have been dealing with some issues would be an understatement. These issues have not only affected the basic functions of my body, but also my mood and ability to make rational decisions. Fortunately, I have many supportive people in my life and I have been taking strides to get things back under control. I have been making my best effort as of late and I feel stronger everyday. I think I will come out this a wiser person and be able to run my life better than ever.

"Look for ARSIS to be back on the road soon with a possible headliner to make up for lost time. My apologies to our booking agent, our record label, our fans, and anyone who has been effected by my poor decisions."

Fans are encouraged to post messages of support at www.myspace.com/arsis.
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal- \m/ -l-