Friday, June 22, 2018

ELUVEITIE: "Mental health is not something to play with. It is also a very personal matter. We all know this. And so does our dear bass-player, Kay Brem (official) (recently author of The stigma of mental health blog as well). As you've probably noticed, Kay was not able to play some shows this year, mostly due to above-mentioned factors. And as much as this situation is delicate, we think that you, Our Fans, deserve clarity here."

Switzerland based folk-melodic extreme metal warriors ELUVEITIE have posted this statement on the status of bassist KAY BREM.









ELUVEITIE unleashed "EVOCATION II- PANTHEON", 8/18/2017 via NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS.







FROM ELUVEITIE:
Mental health is not something to play with. It is also a very personal matter. We all know this. And so does our dear bass-player, Kay Brem (official) (recently author of The stigma of mental health blog as well).
As you've probably noticed, Kay was not able to play some shows this year, mostly due to above-mentioned factors. And as much as this situation is delicate, we think that you, Our Fans, deserve clarity here.
Here's a few words from Kay:
„Since many of you wrote to my personal accounts and there is obviously a big confusion if I left the band as well or not, I think I need to write a few words about that.
I fucked up my mental and physical health during the last decade and never let enough room to recharge.
Since a few years I cannot handle stress in any form anymore, that is why I did not make any flight tours and sometimes had to leave the stage. It was going straight down and I was not able to handle even the smallest daily tasks anymore as my shape was getting worse and worse.

I always tried as hard as I could but in the end my body showed me that I was far over the top so I decided to take a few weeks off to take care of myself in a hospital. Thanks to my bandmates, I had no pressure at all.
My recovery goes up in small steps, but at least it goes in the right direction. So no, the band did not kick me out, they just gave me room to get my feet back on track and I hope that I can be back on stage very soon again.”
___________________________________________________
We will continue doing our best to deliver you full-force pagan metal show. We will also keep you updated with the course of events.
Thank you for being with us and being there for us. <3 span="">
SlĂ inte!
Eluveitie




Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-