Friday, July 19, 2024

STEVEN WILSON: " For the last few years when I’ve been asked in interviews about the future of music, I’ve talked about a scenario I fully expect to happen whereby musicians wouldn’t be needed anymore, and neither would pre-recorded tracks."

 May be an image of 1 person and eyeglasses

 STEVEN WILSON, (producer and main man of British progressive rockers PORCUPINE TREE) has commented on the future of music via AI,

 

 

 STEVEN WILSON unleashed "THE HORMONY CODEX",  9.29/2023 via VIRGIN and SPINEFARM.

 

FROM STEVEN WILSON: 

 For the last few years when I’ve been asked in interviews about the future of music, I’ve talked about a scenario I fully expect to happen whereby musicians wouldn’t be needed anymore, and neither would pre-recorded tracks. Music will be made in real time for listeners by artificial intelligence depending on their requirements at that moment. You will choose the singer that you want to sing the song for you (Freddie Mercury, Aretha Franklin, John Lennon whoever), the subject matter you want them to sing about, and the musical genre. And it will generate that piece of music for you in real time, at which point you can choose to save it away for a future listen, share it with your friends, or erase it. For me personally things just took a big step further in that direction with several artificial intelligence created Steven Wilson tracks that have been brought to my attention. I don’t know who created them or what their motivation was, but even I really struggle to hear that it’s not me singing these songs. No matter what I might think about the quality of the music, this is uncanny, almost surreal. We’re in the midst of a seismic change in the way music is made and how people engage with it. Do the majority even care that they aren’t listening to a human being? The future bites indeed. Please let me know your thoughts.

 

 

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-