Wednesday, January 28, 2015

BLOOD MUSIC: SEND UPDATE ON VINYL RE-ISSUE OF EMPEROR: "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk"

BLOOD MUSIC have sent a rather frustrated update on the anticipated vinyl re-issue of Norwegian black metal legends EMPEROR "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk", as the re-issue, will again be re-mastered.




EMPEROR unleashed "Prometheus-The Discipline of Fire and Demise" 10/22/2001 via CANDLELIGHT RECORDS.
Last year, marked the 20th anniversary of EMPEROR's classic release "In The NightSide Eclipse", 2/21/1994 via CANDLELIGHT RECORDS and in 1995 via CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS.



FROM BLOOD MUSIC:
The entire Emperor official set (more than 20 LPs) was mastered for vinyl over the course of several months during late 2014. I didn't hear any samples until the entire set was finished, but when it was done - I wasn't convinced about the sound. The engineer insisted it was correct, so as a test, I sent in "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk" for cutting. So you know how serious my doubts were - I have never once sent in an album for cutting just to *test* the sound. A rejected vinyl cut costs around 700 EUR (900 USD) for no gain!
Ultimately, the sound came out really poorly, counterintuitive to what I wanted to achieve with this set. So I rejected the master. I immediately hired someone else to remaster just "Anthems ..." and sent it in for cutting a test over my holiday. The test pressing came in today, and it sounds absolutely heart-stoppingly beautiful, the best this album has ever sounded.
I wound up today having to reject the original mastering of the entire box set and losing all the money spent on that, and we will start over again this evening in a quick but careful job to remaster the entire 20+ LP set again to bring this material to life in its greatest form.

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-