Thursday, June 9, 2011

Nokturnel Announces Line-Up Change

Austin, Texas extreme metal warriors NOKTURNAL have announced a lineup change.
FROM NOKTURNAL: Tom Stevens has decided to part ways with drummer Duane Timlin. His replacement is Matt Franciss who currently also plays for Hank III's Assjack, and Cystic Dysentery (former Circle of Dead Children). Matt has agreed to step up to the challenge just in time to prepare for A Day of Death on July 16th in Williamsville, New York. Tom and Matt have been discussing Nokturnel's situation, and future for a while now, and they will be getting together for a week of rehearsals very soon. Tom enthusiastically welcomes Matt into the band and made this statement.

"There are too many issues both personal and professional for me to have on my mind during an otherwise extremely positive moment in Nokturnel's history. I worked my ass off to bring this band back to the stage and just going through the motions is not going to cut it for me. I want to perform the songs in their true form with all the controlled chaos and enjoy myself at the same time. With all the stress and worry I dealt with during the week of MDF I felt it is best for the band to have a new drummer and preparing him for A Day of Death means I have to work even harder, spend more time away from home and spend more money to keep my independent band active. SO BE IT!!! I have to do what I have to do and all the plans are made. I am excited to be working with Matt whose enthusiasm and confidence matches my own. Nokturnel fans deserve the best performances possible after the years of undying support and Matt, Billy and I are about to open a new chapter in Nokturnel's history book. We are extremely focused and excited to see everyone at A Day of Death in July."



Upcoming live dates:

July 16, Club Infinity "A Day of Death 2011" Williamsville NY. More info and tickets available HERE.

Aug 12, The Korova, San Antonio Tx. Tickets

Nov 18, The Korova, San Antonio Tx. "GoreGrowlers Ball" Tickets
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-