Monday, May 21, 2012

BLACK SABBATH: TONY IOMMI SENDS STATEMENT ON 5/19/2012 BIRMINGHAM, UK SHOW

Tony Iommi, guitarist for legendary doom metal pioneers BLACK SABBATH has sent this statement on the bands 5/19/2012 come back show in Birmingham, England. TONY IOMMI is currently in treatment as he was diagnosed with cancer late last year.







FROM TONY IOMMI (BLACK SABBATH):
I was extremely nervous beforehand about playing a long set, not knowing whether I'd be able to last.
It turned out to be no problem whatsoever because Ozzy, Geezer and Tommy were nailing everything, no chance to feel tired! I'm really pleased with how it turned out, fantastic crowd and I want to say thank you to all of them for giving me such an amazing reception.

On our way again at last!

Finally, a special thanks to Tommy, we invited him to play and he was brilliant.

Best wishes,

Tony





Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/