Thursday, May 17, 2012

ITP V.012: ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P DONNA SUMMER

"The Queen of Disco" DONNA SUMMER has passed away today at 63 from a ten month battle with cancer. "S-T-A-M-P, Make me proud"..



ITP V.012 EDITORS NOTE:
 I don't like disco, I'm not usually a fan of Donna Summer, let's face it, I hate disco.. However, I love the song "Stamp Your Feet", a positive themed song about resiliency and I LOVE how the marriage equality organization NOH8 used the song to promote equality.   The irony of any "controversy"  of DONNA SUMMER's perceived homophobic commentary in the past, is DONNA SUMMER's music, as was disco, the soundtrack to StoneWall and Gay Civil Rights. I hope Donna Summer is at peace with anything from musical, sexual stigmas and trends.
DONNA SUMMER has "made us proud". 

FROM DONNA SUMMER: WIKEPEDIA: 

In the mid 1980s, Summer was embroiled in a controversy. She had allegedly made anti-gay remarks regarding the then-relatively new disease, AIDS, which as a result had a significantly negative impact on her career and saw thousands of her records being returned to her record company by angered fans. Summer, by this time a born-again Christian, was alleged to have said that AIDS was a punishment from God for the immoral lifestyles of homosexuals.[10][11] However, she denied that she had ever made any such comment and, in a letter to the AIDS campaign group ACT UP in 1989, she said that it was "a terrible misunderstanding. I was unknowingly protected by those around me from the bad press and hate letters... If I have caused you pain, forgive me." She went on to apologize for the delay in refuting the rumours and closed her letter with Bible quotes (from Chapter 13 of 1 Corinthians).[12]
Also in 1989, Summer told The Advocate magazine that "A couple of the people I write with are gay, and they have been ever since I met them. What people want to do with their bodies is their personal preference."[13] A couple of years later she filed a lawsuit against New York magazine when it reprinted the rumours as fact just as she was about to release her album Mistaken Identityin 1991.[14] According to a Biography television program dedicated to Summer in which she participated in 1995, the lawsuit was settled out of court though neither side was able to divulge any details. 
RIP DONNA SUMMER 


VIDEO BELOW: DONNA SUMMER: "STAMP YOUR FEET" (JASON NEVINS REMIX, VIA YOU TUBE, COURTESY OF DONNA SUMMER): 


VIDEO BELOW: DONNA SUMMER: "STAMP YOUR FEET" (ESCAPE COLLUCCIO REMIX): Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-