Friday, August 23, 2013

LAMB OF GOD (RANDY BLYTHE): POSTS MOVIE OF PRAGUE, CZ TRIP



   RANDY BLYTHE, vocalist of  Richmond, Virginia thrash/core warriors LAMB OF GOD has posted a short mini movie of his trip to  PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC during his manslaughter trial earlier this year.  BLYTHE was CLEARED (innocent) of both the manslaughter criminal charges and a CZECH PROSECUTORs appeal  regarding  BLYTHE's  manslaughter trial  concerning the death of a stage diving fan, DANIEL NOSEK, PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC @ THE ABATON..





LAMB OF GOD vocalist RANDY BLYTHE kept his promise, went to court and was ACQUITTED   (3/5/2013) for his charge of manslaughter (or bodily harm in the 4th) in relation to the 5/2010 death of a stage diving fan (DANIEL NOSEK) PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC @ THE ABATON..

FROM RANDY BLYTHE (LAMB OF GOD) RANDONESIA:
http://randonesia.tumblr.com/post/59045921115/this-is-a-movie-i-made-in-prague-during-my-trial

FROM RANDY BLYTHE:
This is a movie I made in Prague during my trial. I filmed the footage with a Canon EOS 60D, edited it with Final Cut Pro X, and wrote the music using Reason. I wanted to release a slightly different version of the film right before my judgement was rendered by the court (the very last shot in this version was not there until after I was pronounced innocent). My idea was to show my mind set through film and music during the process of my trial, and have a more ambiguous ending heading into my final day in court. I did not know what was going to happen to me, only that I felt I was doing the right thing by being there. Working in a creative capacity during the trial helped me to remain calm- it is what I know how to do, so I wanted to share it with people. I showed the clip to my lawyer and he advised against releasing it until after the trial was over, thinking the authorities might not understand what I was trying to say with the movie. It is all over now, so here is my poor attempt to try and create art in a time of great personal uncertainty.
Note- the Devil plays an important part in Czech fairy tales, and marionettes are a bit of Czech folk culture I came to love while I was there- the marionette hangs in my study now. The Devil is different in Czech fairy tales though, to my understanding- the puppet is representative of me, the way I viewed myself, the way I was viewed by society at different times- all sorts of things. It is not representative of evil- just wanted to clarify that.

LAMB OF GOD, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, TESTAMENT, HUNTRESS FALL 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES: 

FROM INERTIA ENTERTAINMENT: 
2nd Night, Different Venue! Lamb of God & Killswitch Engage at Sound Academy!

Tue/Oct-22- Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
Wed/Oct-23-
Toronto, ON-Sound Academy (*NEW LOCATION) 

Thu/Oct-24 Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
Fri/Oct-25 New York, NY @ Roseland Ballroom
Sat/Oct-26 Wallingford, CT @ Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre
Mon/Oct-28 Columbus, OH @ LC Pavilion
Tue/Oct-29 Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore Detroit
Wed/Oct-30 Chicago, IL @ Congress Theater
Fri/Nov-01 Kansas City, MO @ The Midland by AMC
Sat/Nov-02 Grand Prairie, TX @ Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie
Sun-Nov-03 Socorro, TX @ Socorro Entertainment Center
Tue-Nov-05 Denver, CO @ The Fillmore Auditorium
Thu/Nov-07 Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theater
Fri/Nov-08 Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Palladium
Sat/Nov-09 Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
Mon/Nov-11 Kent, WA @ ShoWare Center
Tue/Nov-12 Vancouver, BC @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre
Thu/Nov-14 Edmonton, AB @ Shaw Conference Centre
Fri/Nov-15 Calgary, AB @ Big Four
Sat/Nov-16 Saskatoon, SK @ Saskatoon Prairieland Park
Mon/Nov-18 St. Paul, MN @ Myth
Tue/Nov-19 Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Ballroom
Wed/Nov-20 Grand Rapids, MI @ Orbit Room
Fri/Nov-22 Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
Sat/Nov-23 Boston, MA @ House of Blues
Sun/Nov-24 Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
Mon/Nov-25 Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
Tue/Nov-26 Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore Silver Spring



Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-