Monday, April 28, 2014

THE GATES OF SLUMBER: ELABORATE ON BAND STATUS and JASON McCASH's PASSING



KARL SIMON, vocalist/guitarist of Indiana, USA doomsters THE GATES OF SLUMBER have elaborated on the bands status and the death of former bassist, JASON McCASH whom passed away, 4/5/2014 from an alleged heroin overdose. JASON McCASH announced his departure from THE GATES OF SLUMBER last fall 2013.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          








THE GATES OF SLUMBER  unleashed "StormCrow" (EP) 1/29/2013 via SCION A/V.




THE GATES OF SLUMBER:
I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words and donations to the McCash family fund. I'm sorry to have been out of touch, but the past few weeks have been kind of a walking hell for me. Jason was my friend, my best friend for 20 years; that's over half my tiny life. Aside from musical crap I considered him blood, and I'd have died or killed for him, fact.
Another fact is that it's strange and scary to think of a world without him, many times in my life I was at his home more than mine; his home was more my home than my home at times, and the fact that he is no longer here has been a massive blow not to this band, but to my life and more important, the lives of his kids and his wife; his father, his sister and his brothers. By way of comparison this band was nothing: a diversion. It meant the world to us, maybe too much... . In any case my brother is dead.

I've thought about stopping music altogether but that would be the end of me. And the end of our story. Cos it is ours. TGoS can't go on without him. So that is a dead issue. But the new work continues... .
I just have one last thing before I close. Fuck heroin. ANYONE telling you that fucking bullshit is cool or worth a damn is a mother fucking god damned liar and needs their fuckin tongue ripped out. The shit is poison and death full goddamned stop. Ya heard? Shit is fucking weak! It took one of the most caring and talented people I ever knew and it chopped his ass off at the knees. I hate it.
Peace,
Karl

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-